ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Path of Exile

This is a pretty cool PC game that is currently in beta but good news, its free to play! Usually free to play also means pay to win which is the suxxors but PoE did it a little differently. The game is supported by in game purchases but all the purchases are cosmetic only. You cannot pay to become stronger or advance only to change what you look like or how your skills look or buy a little spider that crawls around with you.

Ok so, this is some kinda dungeon crawler I guess, sorta like a diablo game I guess. The plot is you wake up on an island, exiled, and aw ****, there's **** loads of zombies, giant birds, and other **** that wants to **** you in the ass. But good news, you are a total ****ing badass zombie rapist and you **** **** up. This game doesn't **** around either, you're going to die, I've died quite a bit.

The skill and stat point systems are pretty cool, skills are gems that you put in your armor and your stat tree buffs you. You can use skills that don't necessarily belong to your class if you want so long as you meet the requirements for the skill. Want your templar to raise zombies? Go right the **** ahead. Want your ranger to face **** bitches with a big ass ****ing hammer slam up the ass? Do it.

I think its a pretty cool skill system.

The combat feels a bit stiff particularly compared to diablo 3 but if you get your attack speed up that goes away. I'm sure they will be working on this "stiffness" and once the game is officially released it'll feel nicer, but the beta is still fun. And oh damn, once you get to the first real dungeon that **** is scary as ****. Dark and hard to see with only a tiny radius of light around you and **** pops out all over the place trying to ass **** you in the throat. I like it.

Also its free so don't bitch

www.pathofexile.com

Create an account and then you can download the game

Add me

My Characters
  • Lvl 17 Ranger
  • Jiggles
  • Lvl 10 Witch
  • Shankroid
  • Lvl 1 Shadow
  • JigglesNBits
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Last futzed with by Jiggles; January 31st, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:24 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
If you want to add me my ranger (lv17) is Jiggles and my witch (lv6) is Shankroid
AFM #676

Old January 31st, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Sounds like fun. Ill check it out tomorrow.

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4
CynicalC

Almost done downloading. Gonna make a tank.

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Almost done downloading. Gonna make a tank.
Sooo Templar?
AFM #676

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:51 PM   #6
CynicalC

I was thinking Marauder but now not so sure. Might do a witch or ranger instead.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
What did you end up with?
AFM #676

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:25 PM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Downloading, I will give it a try.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:32 PM   #9
CynicalC

Ended up with a ranger, got to level 10 or so. The loot system confuses me. Like in a dungeon it's completely free for all? what are the pros and cons of wearing different armor types? Wish there was a bit more in game explanations / documentation. Still loving it though. Might make a witch. But I see fist weapons dropping and wonder if those are for templar? If it's anything like a tyrant in lineage 2, those were a blast to play.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Created a templar, I am always a summoner in these types of games. Will have to figure out some stuff tonight.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Ended up with a ranger, got to level 10 or so. The loot system confuses me. Like in a dungeon it's completely free for all? what are the pros and cons of wearing different armor types? Wish there was a bit more in game explanations / documentation. Still loving it though. Might make a witch. But I see fist weapons dropping and wonder if those are for templar? If it's anything like a tyrant in lineage 2, those were a blast to play.
It starts to make more sense as you go on. Energy shields are for witches, evasion is for the dex classes like ranger and armor is for the tankier classes. But alot of armors will be mixed with say energy shield and evasion, in those instances you need dex and int to wear it. So even if you are an int class you have the option to be a str/int class or a dex/int class and wear armor that fits both.

Currently on my witch I am going str/int because I like some of the str skills

The loot system, everything is shared. Magic and rare drops are shared but you get about 3-10 seconds to pick it up before anyone else, then after that its a free for all. This is nice because if someone doesn't want something then you can take it if you want it. This is annoying because something awesome might drop and you might not be able to get to it in time.

So far I prefer partys as there is a lot more gear and stuff dropping
AFM #676

Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM   #12
CynicalC

Yeah when I downed brutus a ton of stuff dropped and everyone just picked up the rares I think not even caring whether they needed them or not. I was like wth. Anyway I tried witch and it sucked. I felt like ranger did better ranged dps and with way more survivability. Now I'm back to the Marauder. I think this'll probably be my main.

Marauder - Mechanon
Ranger - CynicalC

Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:48 PM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
The thing about the witch is you do no damage with your basic attack. All of your damage is from spells. It's getting to be kind of annoying. I switched from ranger because I was so squishy and died so easily. The witch has all kinds of tanks you can cast but you are still squishy and when you run out of mana you are ****ed.

I suppose I'll try my shadow now
AFM #676

Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:49 PM   #14
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Pretty damn nice for a free game right?
AFM #676

Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:57 PM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Some of the classes are actually meant to be mixed stats, check it out http://www.pathofexile.com/classes
AFM #676

Old February 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #16
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

I need to check this out...

Old February 4th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #17
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Or not... i keep getting "502 bad gateway" wtf

Old February 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #18
CynicalC

Oh this is one of the best free games I've played. Allods was a good one that just needed a little polishing, but the North American distributor (gPotato) screwed it up and made it completely pay to win. Aside from a few minor things, you can barely tell this game is in beta. The game is compact, only a 5gb download with dl speeds > 4mbps, and they did a server side patch last night with only one minute of downtime, and a 40mb client side patch that downloaded and installed and had you back in the game within 3 minutes. The most streamlined patching in any game I've ever played.

Shadow is considered a hybrid class. That's what uses that dex + int gear you mentioned.

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #19
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

My templar/summoner is coming along nicely. lvl 20 already and into act 2. Looting is a pain in the arse when I have 3 zombies and 4 skellies up, they constantly stand on the loot. lol

Add me if you want - ReactorX

Old February 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #20
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

My screen is a bloody mess. Me, 6 zombies, 7 skellies with glowing rings around each and fire raining down from above. I am almost an army of undead. It's funny watching party members try to kill my minions. hahahahahhaha

I am into act 3 now and a few of those bosses along the way are actually pretty hard.

Old February 8th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #21
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
When are game developers going to wake up to the fact that a lot of people use Macs?

It's one of those idiotic self-fulfilling marketing decisions. Gamers don't use Macs so why develop for the Mac OS?

The reason gamers don't use macs is because there are no good games for the platform, doofus. The reason I don't play games is mostly because I've been a Mac guy since 1985 and I'm not going to go buy a PC just for gaming.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #22
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
When are game developers going to wake up to the fact that a lot of people use Macs?

It's one of those idiotic self-fulfilling marketing decisions. Gamers don't use Macs so why develop for the Mac OS?

The reason gamers don't use macs is because there are no good games for the platform, doofus. The reason I don't play games is mostly because I've been a Mac guy since 1985 and I'm not going to go buy a PC just for gaming.
It's you who needs to get with the program, not the developers. If you've been complaining that there's no good games for macs since 1985 but still refuse to buy a pc, I think mensa standards might be slipping. 99% of would-be gamer mac users are most likely to play something like the sims 3, which coincidentally, is available on the platform. Go figure.

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #23
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Blizzard games are on mac but a real gamer chooses a game thats capable of receiving upgrades
AFM #676

Old February 11th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #24
CynicalC

Still playing? I got my marauder to 35 and started losing interest. I made a mistake and didn't take the 40 base health from the bandit quest, but also the game is getting much much harder at this point over the past 3 levels or so and I'm not sure why. Lunaris temple absolutely kicks my ass, and I feel like I have to farm for a while before moving on to the next area? That's one thing I can't get into. A straight grind for gear / exp.

I'd really like to make a witch for HC mode but I can't find a beginners build that doesn't rely on summoning... Any ideas?

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #25
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I haven't played in a while simply because I haven't had time. I'm also getting raped at the beginning of act 3 lol.

The witch seems really squishy without summons and the summons apparently start getting raped and one hit later in the game. The witches basic attack also does zero damage so you have to constantly have mana, kind of a pain. I'd say try a shadow that is heavier on the int path. The nice thing about the shadow is that your main weapon claws all have innate life steal which also affects spells. If you are heavy on the int you can be a caster that also does some actual damage and the life leech will keep you alive.

My shadow is heavy on dex/str even though its supposed to be dex/int
AFM #676

Old February 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #26
CynicalC

I'm doing a frost witch (hc mode) and plowing through pretty nicely considering every damn thing in act 1 has cold resist. Act 2 should be a breeze. I expect to rip in act 3 though. :/

Old February 12th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #27
CynicalC

Bullshit. Got stuck on bad geodata with witch in the ship graveyard. Couldn't kite. RIP.

Old February 12th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #28
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

In this game, you cannot neglect your defense or resists to elements. I carry around 3 rings for resists for the 3 elements. I can stand in a room full of sparks from the lightning mages and not get hurt.

Also, when you get higher level, you need to think about a specialization. Such as my templar summers a small army and burns everything (passive skills, elemental dmg nodes). I also curse them to lower/kill the mobs resists.

And sometimes you have to use the environment to help you. For example, I filter mobs though doors to kill them one at a time. You can shoot/cast through windows and closed doors. And.... for those pesky archers, stand behind a pole or around a corner so they cant hit you.

I watched a few youtube vids from the devs on this game. They are pretty hardcore, this isn't diablo, so you have to think outside the box sometimes.

Old February 12th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #29
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
So I died in hardcore, I was killed by other players doing the bandits quest in a2

Apparently if you pick different options you fight to the death
AFM #676

Old February 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #30
Continuous
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

This game is pretty fun, I have been playing for a few months now. Hardcore is the only way to go. I have a lvl 30 something Marauder in Act 3 currently.
Continuous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #31
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuous View Post
This game is pretty fun, I have been playing for a few months now. Hardcore is the only way to go. I have a lvl 30 something Marauder in Act 3 currently.
Marauder is probably the safest way to go in hc. I only started dying on my marauder in the mid 30s.

Old February 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #32
Continuous
ninjette.org member

Yeah I recently had a HC Shadow that I thought was well built and ready for Vaal....went in and got killed in about 5 sec.
Continuous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #33
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

softcore isn't so bad

Old February 18th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #34
CynicalC

Don't feel bad. I think the consensus is that it's impossible to hc with shadow until they tweak the class a bit more.

Old February 20th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #35
CynicalC

Ait I'm trying HC again with a nice elemental ranger build now that I have a clue what I'm doing. I've got a handful of lowbie rares for other classes if anyone wants to trade some stuff.

Old February 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #36
Continuous
ninjette.org member

Add me if you want. I mostly play on weekends, and I am currently trying to improve my riding so I might not be on that much. My marauder is "ShovelHeadedKillMachine"

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #37
Z-Trob
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 99 250, 06 Speed Triple, 2009 husky 510SMR

Ugh, the game is so laggy i can barely select enemies... i got killed as soon as i ran into some zombies after getting up because it wouldn't register that i was clicking on them and i just ran around in circles... after watching youtube video's this game looks amazing, smooth and nothing like the mess i have running on my computer.

Edit: turned down some graphics options and its better, till a little off but playable enough to be fun. awesome game for a free download!

Old February 20th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #38
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
sometimes I have trouble clicking the enemies too. So I use shift to help out
AFM #676

Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM   #39
CynicalC

RIP FluffyNuts - 28 Marauder. Died on normal Vaal. I suppose I'll continue in scrubcore. :/

Old March 4th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #40
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
My Characters
  • Lvl 10 Witch
  • Shankroid
D'Awwwwwwwww. thats so cute.