Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Frank Thomas XTIii race suit 50EU/40US

Link to CL ad with photos

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/4275324382.html

AS-NEW CONDITION. Never on track, never down, only worn on the street a couple of times.

Always worn with a full undersuit. Absolutely clean.

Includes all armor that came with it -- as with any race suit, it does not include a back protector, only a foam pad. Comes with the original knee pucks, which are untouched.

Suit is fully perforated front and back, and has a speed hump.

The full story: I bought this in preparation for my first track day and wore it around the house to break it in. The leather did stretch, but it did not stretch enough to be comfortable with my chosen armor -- a Forcefield vest that protects both back and chest.

I can get the zipper up, but it's literally a breathtaking experience with that armor on!

I wear a Frank Thomas jacket in the same size, but this suit is cut a bit more slim. I'd say that it would give a "race snug" fit on a 40" chest with a back protector only, or a similar fit on a 38" chest with an added chest protector. I need to go up one size.

For reference, I'm 5'7" and about 170. The suit will fit someone quite a bit taller but not someone bigger around than me.

Price $250 SHIPPED for Ninjette members only. $225 for local pickup. I'm in SW Connecticut.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.

Old January 12th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Sweet!!!

Old January 13th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Do you think the suit would fit someone 5'9" with a 38" chest (just shy of 40 with my back protector) 30" waist? if so I'm interested since I feel the need for something that will protect me a little better when I go out on joy rides to west virginia and when I head over to the track (someday...ideally soon) and the price is a stretch but doable for me.

edit: nvm I just read the bottom half and it sounds like my fit. PMing

Old January 13th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Go for it Ben! I think it has a good chance of fitting you pretty good. I used to have one of these and liked it well enough. I needed something that was cut more for my build or I would still have it. These suits are big in the knee area, no clue why and there isn't much you can do about it aside of where knee armor under the suit.

I used it for a track day where the temp was 107 degrees with high humidity. I was surprised at how well it breathed with the perforation locations.
ps. I was wearing it for one of my avatar pics for a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _KLH2247 (Mobile).JPG (94.3 KB, 8 views)

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #5
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Your suit looks a little bit different, it seems like you have shoulder sliders.

As for purchasing it, once I have my paypal set up tomorrow (just need to contact the bank for my acct/routing numbers since their website is glitching and won't show them to me) I have both the ability and intention of purchasing it.

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Yea, mine is just a newer model. I personally think the FT brand gets a bad rap but their older stuff, like what your interested in and what I had was good. The leather is actually thick and the seams are well tailored. The new stuff.... not so much.

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #7
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Yeah, I noticed that FT has a bad rap reading around but I figure that I don't have the financial ability to purchase a full price a* or dianese suit and it will definitely be a huge upgrade over what I currently use on the street along with being able to go to the track without renting leathers makes it worth it. worst case scenario I'll turn around and put it on CL but I doubt that I'll need to since it seems like it's the right size for me.

Old January 14th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #8
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Purchased and already giddy with excitement waiting for it to arrive

Old January 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Old January 17th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #10
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Product arrived, precisely as described and in a timely manner. adouglas was right there giving updates on when the product went out and did a great job getting the product to me.

Now, as for fit. it fits nicely without my icon stryker vest on and then it fits perfectly (slightly snug but not tight) with the vest on underneath. I went on a quick 5minute ride immediately and the suit felt great (though there was a slight cardboard/sandpaper feel on the knees but I can deal with that by wearing very thin pants instead of just boxers.

The build quality, if people see this as a low quality budget brand then A* and Dianese suits should be out of this world. There is one minor point where the stitching is nicked but it's a non issue since it's not in a place where it doesn't matter and it is double/triple stitched throughout anyway. There is not a single doubt in my mind that this suit will hold up in a crash far better than anything else that I own or have worn.

Great product, Great price, and adouglas did a great job getting it to me in a timely manner. A true pleasure doing business and purchasing this suit was definitely a good idea. I'm looking forward to riding spiritedly with it particularly at my local track shenandoah raceway, summit point wv.

Closed Thread