ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 25th, 2016, 04:40 AM   #1
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

250 not fast enough?

Anyone else feel like people who ride "faster" bikes like a 600 or a 1000 dont think a 250 is a "real bike?" It gets a little annoying when I tell people I have a 250 and I LIKE IT, they tell me "oh you'll want something faster" or "You'll get there." Do you really NEED a bigger bike? I dont think so. I got up to 65 in 5th gear, how much faster do you need to go?
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:05 AM   #2
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
I used to ride a CBR1100XX, in the Australian Outback where there was no speed limits. It was a lot of fun. I saw 305 Kph on the speedometer several times. Commuted 27 KM to work at about 250 Kph. Rode with a group of guys that all had sport bikes.

That was a lot of fun, but now I live in the Washington DC metro area. There is no big wide open spaces for me to open up the throttle and really wring out a big bike. In the tight twisties the little 250's hold their own.

As others have said, and I'm sure more will chime in with the same. "It's a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"

The only reason I have for wanting a bigger bike is if my wife wants to ride on the back with me. The two of us combined are over the recommended weight limit of 350 lbs. But my wife isn't showing much interest (at least not enough interest to justify spending more money on a bike) in riding with me.

I'm old enough to not care what other people think.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:08 AM   #3
kfilla
ninjette.org member

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

People like top speed. I know a guy whose first bike was a Buell Blast. With the temp plate still on it he told me it wasn't fast enough for him. I proceeded to tell him he didn't know how to ride. Don't let anyone tell you that your bike isn't enough. If you truly enjoy riding you can have fun on anything with two wheels.
kfilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:11 AM   #4
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

The main difference is the bigger bikes can get up to speed quicker. Past that, a 250 can hit the same speeds bigger bikes can (the speed limit). I am ready to upgrade but have responsibilities that come first so for now the 250 stays, but yes you may reach a point that a 250 was fun but just doesn't suite your fancy anymore.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 05:53 AM   #5
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Is a Honda Civic not a real car? Speed and power are non-issues in the street.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:05 AM   #6
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Old story, and yeah... it's true. Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone's got one, and the only one that matters is yours. No, you don't need a bigger bike. You might never want a bigger bike. So why worry about getting a bigger bike?

Eventually you might start casting your eye elsewhere and feel the itch to move on. Nothing wrong with that... bikes are a lifestyle choice. But you might discover that you want to get another 250 someday because it's so much fun. I sure do miss mine.

Put a 250 in the hands of a good rider and it can do amazing things. Sure it lacks outright acceleration and top speed, but those aren't everything. Any chimpanzee can twist a throttle. Top speed is vastly overrated... maneuvering is where the fun lies. It takes skill to get a bike to truly perform.

Last track day a better rider was in the same group as me, absolutely destroying me on a newgen. I was riding an R6.

Bottom line: It's not the bike. It's the rider. People who tell you you'll be moving up, or that you have to, or that yours is just a "beginner" bike, don't understand that.

Go take a look at the body position thread and you tell me if this bike isn't the real deal.

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127839

The secret of the 250 is that the party starts at 9,000 rpm. Ride it hard and it comes alive. New riders tend to putter around at 4 or 5,000 rpm and short-shift it, so it acts like a scooter.

Wring its neck. The bike likes it.

PS: Your bike can top 100 mph. Basically, it's got the same performance as a typical small car. A supersport like my GSX-R has performance about like that of a Ferrari. Yeah, it's thrilling. Yeah, it handles really well. But NECESSARY? No.

PPS: My (new, leftover) GSX-R cost four times what I paid for my (used, low miles) Ninjette. It has five times the horsepower. It costs seven times as much to insure. Food for thought.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:16 AM   #7
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 01 Ninja 250

You actually care what others think about the size of bike you ride?

I'm a pretty blunt person, it's gets me into trouble, so don't get offended with what follows....

You're 27(?) Right? Time to put your big girl undies on. Stop worrying about what others think or do. Do you, and only you. When you stop giving a crap about strangers opinions, that's when you'll realize that you spend too much time worrying about others opinions that mean nothing to you in the grand scheme of things.

Next, based on many of your posts and threads that you start, it's obvious to many of us that you need more seat time and the msf before you continue and end up hurting yourself or others, your mother's opinion, is likely warranted, and one of the voices of reason in your life that you should listen to. How many times have you dropped your bike now? We, on this forum, only know what you tell us, and we have a different mindset than your mother, but your mother knows you better than anyone else on here.

Please, for your safety and others people on and near a road you might travel, get some more practice in and take the msf
MyTriggaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 06:22 AM   #8
ZeroGravity360

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTriggaz View Post
You actually care what others think about the size of bike you ride?

I'm a pretty blunt person, it's gets me into trouble, so don't get offended with what follows....

You're 27(?) Right? Time to put your big girl undies on. Stop worrying about what others think or do. Do you, and only you. When you stop giving a crap about strangers opinions, that's when you'll realize that you spend too much time worrying about others opinions that mean nothing to you in the grand scheme of things.

Next, based on many of your posts and threads that you start, it's obvious to many of us that you need more seat time and the msf before you continue and end up hurting yourself or others, your mother's opinion, is likely warranted, and one of the voices of reason in your life that you should listen to. How many times have you dropped your bike now? We, on this forum, only know what you tell us, and we have a different mindset than your mother, but your mother knows you better than anyone else on here.

Please, for your safety and others people on and near a road you might travel, get some more practice in and take the msf
I have dropped my bike once, the other time I ran into the grass because my friend tried to teach me on very narrow side street. I mainly started this thread as a conversation piece. Yes yes, the MSF course being shoved down my throat every thread is getting to be a little too much.

Old May 25th, 2016, 06:39 AM   #9
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
I have dropped my bike once, the other time I ran into the grass because my friend tried to teach me on very narrow side street. I mainly started this thread as a conversation piece. Yes yes, the MSF course being shoved down my throat every thread is getting to be a little too much.
It is always going to be a pretty standard reply (the MSF) to new riders, especially ones with confidence issues, or issues keeping the bike upright. Do not take offense. The reasons for that are simple, it is an effective way to know you have gotten sound training in a safe environment.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 06:44 AM   #10
ZeroGravity360

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
It is always going to be a pretty standard reply (the MSF) to new riders, especially ones with confidence issues, or issues keeping the bike upright. Do not take offense. The reasons for that are simple, it is an effective way to know you have gotten sound training in a safe environment.
I have 0 issues controlling the bike, It has come pretty natural to me. The only problems I have had is underestimating the weight of the bike and accidentally hitting the front break too hard while turning in my parking lot. And the clutch issue, but I found out that it is not me it is the clutch. When I put my hand on the handle bars and stick my fingers out straight, my middle finger barley reaches the clutch. Because the clutch engages so close to the top, I cant reach that far and just let go. Which causes me to stall or accidentally pop wheelies ( like I did Monday!)

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:00 AM   #11
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
I have 0 issues controlling the bike, It has come pretty natural to me. The only problems I have had is underestimating the weight of the bike and accidentally hitting the front break too hard while turning in my parking lot. And the clutch issue, but I found out that it is not me it is the clutch. When I put my hand on the handle bars and stick my fingers out straight, my middle finger barley reaches the clutch. Because the clutch engages so close to the top, I cant reach that far and just let go. Which causes me to stall or accidentally pop wheelies ( like I did Monday!)
That's a bit more than 0 issues, you should look into adjustable levers, they make a big difference

as for the hitting the front brake while turning, you shouldn't really need it at all in that situation. I usually tap the rear for really low speed stuff but that's just me, not sure how normal that is

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:07 AM   #12
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Look, its an internet forum so its easy to read into connotation that may or may not be there; as such I am going to again reiterate "do not take offense" or "become defensive". When I read your reply - it comes off as a very defensive response.

The reality is you have issues controlling the bike. Basic clutch, brake, and throttle control is "controlling the bike". The reasons are not necessarily you are not capable. You very may well be very capable. But the limited information you have provided thus far leads others to recommend training to make sure you are safe.

IF you were to have attended a course with your bike, the instructors would have no doubt look at the situation with your control and helped try and adjust them (if possible, obviously the non adjustable levers on the 250 make that difficult). They would have explained to you the need to be very careful when applying the brakes while turning, and getting your braking done as much as possible upright. They would have gone through a clutch friction zone and starting exercise that addresses those very issues you mentioned.

The reality is that we don't know who, how, and where you have been exposed to practice and training. We do know that a course like the MSF provides a common structured program that addresses these items.

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:25 AM   #13
Suki2003
Ninjette Lurker

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja EX250 (Cafe, Naked, Wreckurrected)

Seems like everyone said the usual main points about the 250. The thing about speed is it is a number (100mph, 150mph) but it's also a sensation. A feeling. I'm sure going 65mph in 5th like you said felt fast and a little scary even. In a car that probable isn't going to be scary, same speed, different feeling.

But the light, sensitive, rev happy ninja feels FAST to me still. Pinning it out of a turn in third feels FAST.

Sure, I want more power often, but then I down shift and am ok. :P

Don't worry about people's opinions, if you like the ninja then you have the right bike.
Suki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #14
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
That's a bit more than 0 issues, you should look into adjustable levers, they make a big difference

as for the hitting the front brake while turning, you shouldn't really need it at all in that situation. I usually tap the rear for really low speed stuff but that's just me, not sure how normal that is
+1 on the rear brake for slow speed braking while turning.

That's about the only time I use it, but that's just me.

Take everyone's hints, tips, suggestions, comments as constructive criticism. It's all worth considering when you are a newer rider. They are a helpful bunch, and really are just trying to get you headed in the right direction.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:31 AM   #15
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Kind of a loaded thought IMO. Fast and quick are 2 different things and both are relevant to individuals, environments among other factors.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #16
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Kind of a loaded thought IMO. Fast and quick are 2 different things and both are relevant to individuals, environments among other factors.
This is so true. Anyone that has ridden a dirt bike through the woods can attest to the environment having a major influence on the sensation of speed lol.

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:38 AM   #17
kdogg2077
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Yamaha FZ07, Ninja 250r 2012 Limited Edition (Sold)

Quote:
Get an adjustable clutch lever. You can get them for a Ninja for $20 on eBay. Will make shifting much easier.

As for speed, the Ninja has everything except acceleration. If you can deal with that it's fine, if not, you'll get another bike. I got a faster bike after starting on a Ninja, but I could see myself going back to a Ninja.

Last futzed with by kdogg2077; May 25th, 2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo
kdogg2077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:41 AM   #18
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:

slow speed turns especially around town, I tend to ride the rear brake ever so slightly before and into the turn while preloading the throttle at the same time. Typically coming off the rear brake just before apex give or take.

It is a way to be on the throttle the entire time through the turn and this preloading of the throttle eliminates the slight on off jerkiness of the throttle that comes from the cable slack and breaking the static cable free. This technique can be useful for torque monster bikes with poor on off throttle such as an fz-09 it also allows you to control the speed/angle of the bike through the turn by dragging the brake a bit if need be. It does require a delicate foot though

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old May 25th, 2016, 07:47 AM   #19
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
whenever someone says a 250 isn't enough I show them this video, made by one of our quicker members. Sure it's not the fastest around but you don't need more than a 250-300 until you can ride like this, at least I don't

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:08 AM   #20
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
whenever someone says a 250 isn't enough I show them this video, made by one of our quicker members. Sure it's not the fastest around but you don't need more than a 250-300 until you can ride like this, at least I don't

[YOUTUBE ]h8fD0A-50kU[/YOUTUBE]
I do love this video along with the rest of Jason's videos.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:11 AM   #21
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

You may not need a bigger bike, but you might want to try something else eventually... and why not. Ninja is fast enough, but is lacking acceleration and is tiring on long trips. Depending on your wants / needs, there may be better bikes out there.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:24 AM   #22
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

Amanda, Lots of motorcyclists probably feel that way, that is why there are so many large displacement motorcycles on the road. The reality is that your Ninjette is perfectly capable of exceeding the speed limit of any roads you will find in America ( 85 mph ) and in most of the world ( Autobahn, no limits). I've ridden larger motos and they are faster, quicker and better suited for riding with a passenger but I find the Ninjette matches my interests better and I still find it a fun and safe ride on public streets. Some of the things I love about riding 250s besides their light weight , nimbleness and great fuel economy is that the limited power ( but adequate ) keeps temptation to ride too fast under better control. As others have said it is more fun to ride a small moto hard than to ride a large moto " slow". Large motos are so quick and powerful that riding them safely and within the constraints of traffic laws uses only a small portion of their speed and acceleration capabilities.
So, enjoy your Ninjette, we are here to help you!
best wishes GA

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:37 AM   #23
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
/real sh*t

YES! Sometimes a 250 is not fast enough, it's true. While coaching yesterday a rider's lower fairing was coming off @ 97mph heading toward turn 1. I dropped a gear, pinned my r6 to a 130 to catch and slow the rider before entering the corner. The 2 riders I passed to get to the rider said...

Quote:
Dude... you were on an serious intercept mission.
So there you go, sometimes you just need more power to put yourself in the best place for the best outcome and the primary reason I do not coach on a 250. You will not hear reasons like this from the "peanut gallery" or rider's that just don't know.

But....

Unless you have a specific job to do, your only job is to make yourself happy. Ride the bike you want, no matter what it is. Old school vintage, small cc, large cc, customs, hd's, trail bikes, dirt, scooters. To those who have the experience and opinions you will really want to care about, know that image is just simply not as important as the measure of fun and memories made at the end of the day.

Lastly...

"Don't work hard to fit in, work hard to stand out!"
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:47 AM   #24
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:

I wish they had a Forest Whitaker eye emoji, because that would be the perfect reply to your reply.

Please do not let your pride, ego, etc. get in the way here. Everything after you said 0 issues are actually issues that are on you, not the bike, not anyone else, but on you, and are correctable. You are not in control of the bike yet obviously.

You need to take a step back, slow down, rethink what you want to accomplish, get proper training, and damn it be patient!

I'm truly not trying to be an ass, it's my years of being in the army. Lots of times you don't have time to pussyfoot around and need to get the message across. I'm not from the new army either, so i don't do the pc crap, and just get to the point.

No one here wants to open this site to see a post from you in the hospital, or worse a friend or family member coming here and posting details where we can send flowers for your services. I've been part of a car forum where a beloved member passed away in a car crash and his mother was the one who notified us. It's not a great feeling.

You have many members telling you to so and go to the msf, there's a reason for this, you seriously need additional training that a web forum, you tube, and some guy you know can't give you, and that you really need.

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #25
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 SE 'Booger'

Turn in your clutch adjustment screw 1 turn and see if it helps. Loosen the lockcollar first, then turn in the adjuster, then tighten the collar. It shouldnt be enough to mess up the clutch safety switch operation but give ut a test - make sure the clutch needs a good squeeze before it will start in gear (when your switch is fixed if it isnt yet).
Dave Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:14 AM   #26
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
I wish they had a Forest Whitaker eye emoji, because that would be the perfect reply to your reply.

Please do not let your pride, ego, etc. get in the way here. Everything after you said 0 issues are actually issues that are on you, not the bike, not anyone else, but on you, and are correctable. You are not in control of the bike yet obviously.

You need to take a step back, slow down, rethink what you want to accomplish, get proper training, and damn it be patient!

I'm truly not trying to be an ass, it's my years of being in the army. Lots of times you don't have time to pussyfoot around and need to get the message across. I'm not from the new army either, so i don't do the pc crap, and just get to the point.

No one here wants to open this site to see a post from you in the hospital, or worse a friend or family member coming here and posting details where we can send flowers for your services. I've been part of a car forum where a beloved member passed away in a car crash and his mother was the one who notified us. It's not a great feeling.

You have many members telling you to so and go to the msf, there's a reason for this, you seriously need additional training that a web forum, you tube, and some guy you know can't give you, and that you really need.
You people are beating a dead horse. Telling her to take a class she is already signed up for. That is the internets for you. Pile on boys.

I think her head is in a good place.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:28 AM   #27
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
You people are beating a dead horse. Telling her to take a class she is already signed up for. That is the internets for you. Pile on boys.

I think her head is in a good place.
Signed up for and actually taking it are two different stories.

Maybe it's beating a dead horse, but she obviously wants to continue riding prior to taking it, thus instilling bad habits that are causing issues and are harder to correct.

Not sure how telling her to stop and take a step back and take the course before she continues is a bad thing.

Her head is obviously not in the right place if she thinks she has 0 issues as she stated.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #28
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Signed up for and actually taking it are two different stories.

Maybe it's beating a dead horse, but she obviously wants to continue riding prior to taking it, thus instilling bad habits that are causing issues and are harder to correct.

Not sure how telling her to stop and take a step back and take the course before she continues is a bad thing.

Her head is obviously not in the right place if she thinks she has 0 issues as she stated.
1) I think this is the wrong thread for this discussion. Maybe her overcoming fear thread is more appropriate but not this one, for sure.
2) You are wrong.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:52 AM   #29
ZeroGravity360

wow, you know, I am just going to leave with forum, you guys are ass holes truly.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:57 AM   #30
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
wow, you know, I am just going to leave with forum, you guys are ass holes truly.
Hmm...sorry you feel that way.

I really thought the vast majority of the replies were helpful.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:59 AM   #31
ZeroGravity360

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Hmm...sorry you feel that way.

I really thought the majority of the replies were helpful.
there are many who get TOO f**king personal. Yes there is a chance for death in everything you do, but to basically tell me they dont want to have to send me flowers? **** off. seriously. I drive the speed limit, I follow 2 car lengths behind people, I dont merge unless there is ALOT of room I am not out here road racing, seriously DONE with this ****. YES I AM SIGNED UP FOR MSF COURSE! But PLENTY of people got riding time in before taking a course! you guys just think you can **** with me because i am a girl who is a beginner.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:06 AM   #32
jkv45
Rev Limiter

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
there are many who get TOO f**king personal. Yes there is a chance for death in everything you do, but to basically tell me they dont want to have to send me flowers? **** off. seriously. I drive the speed limit, I follow 2 car lengths behind people, I dont merge unless there is ALOT of room I am not out here road racing, seriously DONE with this ****. YES I AM SIGNED UP FOR MSF COURSE! But PLENTY of people got riding time in before taking a course! you guys just think you can **** with me because i am a girl who is a beginner.
Most of it was good advice.

Ride safe. Come back when you cool off.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:09 AM   #33
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Assholes for looking out for your safety? Wtf? Seriously???

Take it as me being an asshole for being blunt and telling you to be safe, that's fine, i AM an asshole, but i wasn't being one in this thread. Had i been, you would know it.

Sorry, i didn't do sensitivity training in the army for people that dislike honesty. I won't coddle anyone. Especially when they're taking a risk and putting there life out there on two wheels.

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:11 AM   #34
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
1) I think this is the wrong thread for this discussion. Maybe her overcoming fear thread is more appropriate but not this one, for sure.
2) You are wrong.
Quote:
2) You are wrong.

1) possibly so, but that's the direction the thread took.

2) that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. My opinion is that if you think I'm wrong on this, future opinions and advice of yours will seriously be questioned by me.

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:12 AM   #35
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Welcome to the biking world. It can be like that sometimes. There is an ignore button to make your experience here better for those who rub you the wrong way.

Honestly, your doing all the right things. Asking questions, participating in discussions and learning. I see it all the time, a female rider with a strong sense of self, must develop a thick skin and a high tolerance for the silly part of the male ego.

If you do leave, I wish you the best.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:15 AM   #36
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
250 not fast enough... for what?

not fast enough to win in a race without needing skill...

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #37
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg theatre-630x390.jpg (52.2 KB, 0 views)

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:22 AM   #38
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:

No one is ****ing with you because you're a beginner, and you can just drop that bullshit about being a girl here and now. Don't even pull that card.

Either take the advise or not, your choice, your an adult.

As for my example about sending flowers, take that as you wish, but obviously one you don't care to think about or accept, or even see the meaning behind me telling you.

As far as the personal ****, it's all from what YOU have posted and told us about yourself, your family, and situation. You're the one putting yourself out there for us to see and read about. Wtf do you want us to do? Just read your post and click the like button and post you on the back and say "go gettum gurl!"?

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:30 AM   #39
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
1) possibly so, but that's the direction the thread took.

2) that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. My opinion is that if you think I'm wrong on this, future opinions and advice of yours will seriously be questioned by me.

Old May 25th, 2016, 10:49 AM   #40
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Glad i could make you laugh, but it's still my opinion