ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old February 8th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #1
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

Gopro Mounting Placement and Mounts

I'm done smacking my helmet on my tank-mounted gopro. I usually only do front-facing, since there's rarely action behind me What and where? I'm considering the dude that sells the mirror-mount ones on WERA, anyone tried those? sticky-mount in the same place almost as good?

Discuss. ..

(and yeah, I searched, thinking this had already been flogged, but not much. . . )
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
there's rarely action behind me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
this had already been flogged, but not much. . . )

Ummmm... hahahahaha

Seriously, I just did the sticky mount you describe today at the track. I will let you know how it holds up for you.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #3
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Butt cam. Flat mount on the tail, camera pointing forward. Never gets in the way and you get to watch yourself like a pro.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #4
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Butt cam. Flat mount on the tail, camera pointing forward. Never gets in the way and you get to watch yourself like a pro.
Think I'm going to try this next time. Came back from the track today to find out the entire video was not shot to my liking
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #5
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Last thing in the world I'd want to look at is my rear end.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2014, 07:07 AM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You don't zoom in and look at just your butt. Silly! the camera will see all of you from there. It's a great way to see your BP and see exactly where you hit (or miss) apex.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #7
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

Name: Shane

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Fogle mounted a GoPro on the upper fairing of my bike Joel. Worked pretty good. It's just to the left of the windscreen and safety wired to my stay. Gave pretty good footage. If you wanted to get crazy you can always buy some mounts from the company "Ram Mount". They have a ton of cool setups that would mount to forks, clip-ons, frame, etc.
http://www.rammount.com
shane liberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #8
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane liberty View Post
If you wanted to get crazy you can always buy some mounts from the company "Ram Mount". They have a ton of cool setups that would mount to forks, clip-ons, frame, etc.
http://www.rammount.com
I LOVED their handlebar mount when I was using my contour. Held up in 3 different crashes too. Great stuff

Has anyone found a good point on the bike to mount a camera for a view of their forks? (Like in this video: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=164796) I've seen this view point used with a lot of the big bike racers, and it's probably one of my favorites. Not sure if there's room anywhere on the ninja though :/
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #9
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

I have my GoPro mounted on my triple. however part of my triple was cut too where the key ignition was.

I also mount my other camera, a Replay XD under my tail section facing backwards...works great showing riders behind you.

Other places I mounted a Go pro was on my swing arm get get footage of my rearset, foot, and when I dragged knee...however I think where I am at now I may lean it far enough and drag the camera. I may retry using a Replay XD on this position because it has a much smaller form factor.

I also mounted a Go Pro mount exactly where Josh and Shane did but I also want to see my RPMs.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #10
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): '04 R1 and '08 Ninja 250

Knock on wood, we have not had a failure of the mounts yet...

We have one on the windscreen mounted right below the Kawasaki sticker.

One mount right in front of the right clip-on on the outside of the fairing so the go-pro can face back looking at the brake lever/throttle hand movement.

The obligatory butt view that can also face backwards.

One on each side of the mid-faring area to get a view of the front wheel or inside of leg when facing the camera to the back.

The coolest one we have though was Draik's idea... it is on the left side passenger peg mounting point. This one we ran safety wire through to make sure it held on. It gives an awesome view of the rear tire/suspension travel/traffic behind him on the track.