Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #81
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I bid 2 bills! Who is gunna beat me?
I would if I was allowed to use it, but I race in a production class where we have to use the stock rear shock.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:39 PM   #82
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
So @sprinter how do I find you if your there at the same time I am?

I am #511 red 250, or ask anyone that has an assfaultjunkie.com sticker on their bike. How can I pick you out of the crowd?

EDIT: lol, like there is gunna be a bunch of 300's there. lol nm, I will find you.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #83
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2018 Ninja 400 Race Bike (in progress...)

Quote:
So @sprinter how do I find you if your there at the same time I am?

I am #511 red 250, or ask anyone that has an assfaultjunkie.com sticker on their bike. How can I pick you out of the crowd?

EDIT: lol, like there is gunna be a bunch of 300's there. lol nm, I will find you.
We have one of the garages rented, so I'll be over in one of those. I'll definitely have my Ducati there, still hoping I can find room to squeeze the 300 in. I have red/white leathers with TrackAddix logo on the back and my last name "Jensen" at the top. Here's what my Ducati looks like:

sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #84
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^

Question: aren't you required at most tracks to have a functional kill switch?
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #85
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
^^

Question: aren't you required at most tracks to have a functional kill switch?
It will have a kill switch, that toggle will kill the ignition by just flipping it off. They just don't want you to have nothing but a key to kill the ignition, and this won't even have a key, so no problem.

Old August 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #86
sprinter
ninjette.org member

I realized we hadn't weighed the bike yet, so we threw it on the scales Saturday, it came out to 331 lbs. with just about 1 gal of gas in it, so about 325 with no gas. Not bad, but I'd like to have it closer to 300 after it goes on a winter diet. Also the weight was slightly biased toward the rear of the bike which is not ideal, so I'll be working on getting a little more weight removed from the rear and moving it forward. Hopefully hacking off the subframe takes off a chunk of weight, and the same with the fairing bracket. Other plans are removing the remaining unused tabs and brackets from the frame (kickstand bracket, etc.), lightening up the engine internals, getting the Marchesini wheels on, and replacing some of the bigger/heavier steel bolts with titanium ones. Then we'll see, if I can get it to 300 lbs. and squeeze 10 more HP out of it then I might be able to keep up with those 450's, which is the goal!

Old August 6th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #87
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Here's a lap around Mid-America Motorplex on the 300. I didn't get any exciting video footage, was a pretty small crowd at this one, so ran lots of solo laps. My buddy on his 450 developed a mechanical problem after the first session, so we didn't get to ride together much. I spent most of the day chasing an SV650 around.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old August 6th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #88
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Cool Video! I prescribe some butt cam. Something you are doing is causing the bike to be unstable in chicanes and on corner entry/exit. By the looks of the video, it's when you slide across the seat. Using the bars as leverage maybe? Check out the knee to knee drill. I bet you a 10 spot it will smooth that out.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #89
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Cool Video! I prescribe some butt cam. Something you are doing is causing the bike to be unstable in chicanes and on corner entry/exit. By the looks of the video, it's when you slide across the seat. Using the bars as leverage maybe? Check out the knee to knee drill. I bet you a 10 spot it will smooth that out.
Yeah, I have a tendency to stand up on the pegs and make a harsh transition from side to side, rather than a smooth slide over. I don't think my camera would stick to the tail right now because the bodywork isn't painted yet, but after it's painted I can do that. Guess I have to get my name stitched across the ass of my leathers like the GP guys first though! ha ha!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #90
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
@sprinter, any updates for us on the build?

New bling? Awesome videos? Trackday stories?

Old October 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #91
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
@sprinter, any updates for us on the build?

New bling? Awesome videos? Trackday stories?
Not much new, I've pretty much left it as it is for now. I actually sold my Ducati last month, so the 300 is my only track bike right now, still having a blast on it! I'll be getting another Ducati in the spring, 899 Panigale this time. Kind of funny when I'm doing riding instruction for newer riders and taking video of them, and they ask me how I can do that on a 300 when they're on a 1000, how will I ever be able to keep up to take video of them?? I say " You'll use your brakes, I won't!" Ha ha!

I'll be getting the fairings painted soon, our track day season ends in a couple weeks so after that I'll strip them off and give them to our painter. Once the bodywork is off I can start my Winter project to remove more weight from the bike. Should be getting those Marchesini wheels some time over the winter as well.

Old October 10th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #92
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Cool! I'll be watching for updates. I just want more track time, then a fancy bike.

Old October 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #93
sprinter
ninjette.org member

I caved to peer pressure and will be painting the bike Kawi Green instead of Ducati Red. That will actually be easier too since I won't need to paint the tank. Oh, and Wiseco is going to make some high-comp pistons for the 300! I just need to get them one of my stock 300 pistons after we tear the engine down in a couple of weeks hopefully. Going to get the heads ported too

Old December 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #94
sprinter
ninjette.org member

I sent one of my Ninja 300's cylinder, head and piston to the engineers at Wiseco to see what they can do. They're finishing up the engineering now, looks like we'll have a high-comp standard bore piston kit, +2mm overbore high-comp kit (315cc) and a +4mm sleeve-in high-comp kit (335cc) available for next season! Can't wait, I'm definitely going to do the +4mm kit in mine, and also getting the heads ported, and then we'll put it on the dyno and make a power commander map for the changes. One of my buddies ordered a KTM RC390, so I gotta make sure I can keep up with that thing now also!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #95
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I sent one of my Ninja 300's cylinder, head and piston to the engineers at Wiseco to see what they can do. They're finishing up the engineering now, looks like we'll have a high-comp standard bore piston kit, +2mm overbore high-comp kit (315cc) and a +4mm sleeve-in high-comp kit (335cc) available for next season! Can't wait, I'm definitely going to do the +4mm kit in mine, and also getting the heads ported, and then we'll put it on the dyno and make a power commander map for the changes. One of my buddies ordered a KTM RC390, so I gotta make sure I can keep up with that thing now also!
A Ducati red 300??? No sir

Hooray for more powers!!!

Old January 31st, 2014, 02:48 PM   #96
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Got my stock parts back from Wiseco, the piston kits should be available retail in March it sounds like. I decided to stick with 300cc on mine to keep it CCS-legal since I plan to race it this year. But for those without such restrictions, +2mm and +4mm overbore kits will be available. Now I'm sending the heads off for porting, after those come back hopefully we'll have the piston kit in hand and can get it all back together and off to the dyno for a new map. Bodywork is at the painter now, getting glorious Kawasaki Green paint applied. Got a note from Marchesini that the Ninja 300 oversize wheels are going into production now, looks like April for arrival on those, then I can run my preferred race tires, the Bridestone 250GP Slicks!

Is the season here yet? Is it here yet?? Is it here yet????

Old February 2nd, 2014, 03:22 AM   #97
mania
ninjette.org member

Name: mania

Motorcycle(s): 2013 250

I'm really looking forward to your impressions after all your work is done.
Good job & Thanks for the updates
mania is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:59 PM   #98
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

@sprinter where did you get the caliper and rotor from?
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:23 AM   #99
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

need vids of 300 sbk build vs 390 on track asap lol
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #100
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
@sprinter where did you get the caliper and rotor from?
Our shop is a premiere Brembo dealer since we do so much Ducati stuff, so I just had my parts guy get it for me. Once caveat, the rotor is a larger diameter from the stock rotor, so you can't use the Brembo master and caliper without also replacing the rotor. The brake lines need to be replaced as well since the fittings are completely different angles from the stock master and calipers.

Old February 4th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #101
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

What master are you using?
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #102
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
What master are you using?
It's the Brembo 15RCS.

Old February 27th, 2014, 03:12 AM   #103
kavo
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitch

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250 Racer

Have you changed the geometry of the bike? ie pushing the forks through raising the rear ride height?

kavo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #104
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavo View Post
Have you changed the geometry of the bike? ie pushing the forks through raising the rear ride height?
Yes, I think my last setting was with 15mm of fork tube showing above the top triple clamp, and 326mm eye-to-eye shock length.

Old February 27th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #105
kavo
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitch

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250 Racer

Quote:
Yes, I think my last setting was with 15mm of fork tube showing above the top triple clamp, and 326mm eye-to-eye shock length.
Whats your feedback on this change?

kavo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #106
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavo View Post
Whats your feedback on this change?
Well, I never did much with the bike before those changes so I can't really compare too accurately. But overall that setup worked well for the Pirelli 120/150 SC2 race tires. When I switch to the Brigestone slicks I may need to make additional changes.

Old March 11th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #107
DeltaFoxtrotZulu
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

This is pretty cool. Loving the kind of stuff you're doing.

The new pistons thing sounds pretty cool as a way to get even more performance out of this great little bikes. How much do you think it would cost to rebuild the motor for one of these things? The +4mm sleeves sounds like significant engine modifications. Already got the PC V.
DeltaFoxtrotZulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:22 PM   #108
sprinter
ninjette.org member

It's been almost 2 months with nothing happening, but that all changed today! I got word that my Marchesini wheels are in the U.S. and will be here next week, along with Brembo HP rotor. Also, things are taking FOREVER with Wiseco to get the piston kits out, and my engine is still torn apart waiting, so I sent the head and other parts to JE and they're going to make me a set of custom pistons so I can get it put back together. I got the heads ported by Fox Performance over the winter so those are all ready to roll.

It hasn't been all bad, since I did get a new Ducati 899 Panigale track bike built for this year, so that's what I've been riding at our first two track events so far. But I need to get the 300 finished so I can go race it somewhere! Looking at dates for an MRA round at High Plains and/or a CRA round at Brainerd. Hopefully I can make both work out!

Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:48 PM   #109
DeltaFoxtrotZulu
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Good to see this is still in progress.

Any concerns about going with much bigger wheels front and a bit bigger rear? I imagine they are still less weight, and give you better tire options.

I sent e-mails to JE and Wiseco and neither have responded yet. Did you decide on some cams or are you using stock cams with the ported head?
DeltaFoxtrotZulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:57 PM   #110
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I want some sleeves an pistons with the quickness! Not sacrificing quality though.
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2014, 06:58 AM   #111
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFoxtrotZulu View Post
Good to see this is still in progress.

Any concerns about going with much bigger wheels front and a bit bigger rear? I imagine they are still less weight, and give you better tire options.

I sent e-mails to JE and Wiseco and neither have responded yet. Did you decide on some cams or are you using stock cams with the ported head?
Wiseco already did the design earlier this year when I sent them my head and piston, just haven't gone to production yet and said probably a month or two out on that due to so many of the 600's and 1000's getting new piston designs this year, they're way behind. JE has my head and piston now, they said 2-3 weeks to get custom pistons made, but I'm sure once they have the scans in their system they can pop more out for you as well.

I haven't done anything with the cams, haven't had any time to research what might work, so I guess they're staying stock for now unless someone else has already tackled that and can recommend what other cams might work?

Old May 4th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #112
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Wiseco already did the design earlier this year when I sent them my head and piston, just haven't gone to production yet and said probably a month or two out on that due to so many of the 600's and 1000's getting new piston designs this year, they're way behind. JE has my head and piston now, they said 2-3 weeks to get custom pistons made, but I'm sure once they have the scans in their system they can pop more out for you as well.

I haven't done anything with the cams, haven't had any time to research what might work, so I guess they're staying stock for now unless someone else has already tackled that and can recommend what other cams might work?
Maybe the cams from Nassert Beet would be the best selection for racing purpose, because they offer with 280 degrees the widest working angle (the others have 264). But for them its required to change the valve springs.
Link: http://japan.webike.net/products/9363706.html

Update:
Also if you serious look for racing parts, you could ask the guys at Scuderia Platini in Italy (their 250's got more then 45 hp at the crank and the weight is down by app. 30 kg = 65 lbs.), the website is: www.scuderiaplatini.it
Here's the partslist from the 250 - http://www.scuderiaplatini.it/immagi...O_250_2013.pdf
Look for:
Albero a camme aspirazione nuovo preparato Super Sport = Cam Inlet
Albero a camme scarico nuovo preparato Super Sport = Cam Exhaust

And here's the racing parts list: http://www.scuderiaplatini.it/250_racing.html

Wish you good success

Last futzed with by Somchai; May 5th, 2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Update
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #113
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
It's the Brembo 15RCS.
sweet, how do you rate the upgrade? was wondering when someone would slap one of these on

Old May 5th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #114
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

Hey Sprinter, can you 'splain the fork internal upgrade you did? Was it worth it? I have racetech emulators in my 300, and its waay too mushy, need to stiffen up my front during the off-season, and looking for options (I'm 220 lbs with gear).
Thanx man, hope you're enjoying the bike(s).
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #115
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Hey Sprinter, can you 'splain the fork internal upgrade you did? Was it worth it? I have racetech emulators in my 300, and its waay too mushy, need to stiffen up my front during the off-season, and looking for options (I'm 220 lbs with gear).
JBinSD, what's your setup with the front suspension?
I also have the emulators with oem-springs and from what I felt my front is way too stiff, but two experienced riders told me it is good the way it is.
So why don't you change your setup before looking for anything else?
In the case of fork oil the Kinematic Viscosity@40 degree C (not the weight) is the most important point to look for, i.e. SHOWA SS-8 10W (Kwaki OEM) has 36.8 mmS/s. So i.e. go with Motul 15 Medium what has 57.1 mmS/s and you get the front much stiffer - then go test ride.
The height of the oil (Kwaki 300 standard = 100 +/- 2mm) is what Wilbers for a 37 mm fork says: 140 mm = soft / 125 mm = medium / 110 mm = stiff.
For the emulators you got the blue (40 lbs.) and the yellow (64 lbs.) spring - test them for your best setup.
There's many you can do before spending more money.
PS: For the Kinematic Viscosity some say cSt@40C (centistokes).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motul forkoil blend chart.pdf (122.7 KB, 8 views)
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #116
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Maybe a stupid question but do you have the right springs and are the preloaded a proper amount? What viscosity fork oil and level do you have? What springs and how many turns on the emulators?

Old May 7th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #117
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

Lol, OK, I have to admit, I have no idea whats going on inside my forks. Tige at Cyclemall "built' them but I don't even know what he did. Since its not race season anymore I have plenty of time to figure it out I guess. Haven't even started the bike in over a month, its due to shake out the cobwebs. I'll have to study up a bit on suspension too, but thanks for the input guys.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2014, 04:36 AM   #118
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
sweet, how do you rate the upgrade? was wondering when someone would slap one of these on
It's great, much more power and better feel. Way more power than you really need on this bike actually.

Old May 8th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #119
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I have the Andreani cartridge inserts, which convert the forks to a full cartridge design rather than the damping rod stock design. Rebound damping is in one fork, and compression damping in the other. Emulators, springs and oil are a "bandaid" solution, you can get them to work better than the stock forks, but nowhere near the way they work with the full cartridge in them. Much more like a traditional sport bike fork, other than the tubes are still a little flex, but there's not much you can do about that. The damping control is much more precise, particularly on rebound damping, which is always still an issue with the emulators because you have to control it with fork oil weight only and it creates a straight damping curve because it's just oil through an orifice, whereas cartridge forks use a shim stack to shape the curve to be more functional. We've installed three sets of them now, everyone has been very happy with the upgrade on 300's / 250's.

Here they are:
http://www.motospecialties.com/store...temNum=105/K06

Old May 8th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #120
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
It's great, much more power and better feel. Way more power than you really need on this bike actually.
Very cool, I bet its a crazy difference. I am always shocked at how bad the brakes feel when I get off the 6R and back on the Ninjette.