ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM   #1
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
New Jacket Sift Air Avenger

Got my new hot weather jacket today.

Now... since this is my first mesh jacket. What is the key to keeping it looking and feeling new? (not going down is a given )
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Nice jacket. It was on my list when I was looking at a mesh jacket but from the reviews, everyone says the arms are really long which actually works out for those of long limb. Make sure you post a quick review after wearing it out on some rides.

I don't do anything special with my mesh jacket. Just hang it on a chair to air it out after a hot ride and wipe off any destroyed bugs with some soap and water.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Yea, you heard right. From the "try on" out of the box, the arms are long. Works out well for my monkey arms.

Will post a review after my group ride on Sunday, 200 miles planned trip.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:13 PM   #4
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

I've been looking at this for a while, let us know please =]
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Sorry for late reply,

So first is with the liner in.
Weather 82 degrees, low humidity. This is really not the type of HOT weather I bought this jacket for, so I thought I would do a shorter ride with the liner in since it wasn’t 92+ degrees with high humidity.

Fit is good (has long arms), but loose enough that lets the air flow nicely. Air feels like it comes from the shoulders and arms. Those areas are well cooled by the air at speed. The lower torso has somewhat lower than expected air circulation, but the well ventilated top more than makes up for it. The wrist area is not all that great with a velcro straps, I guess it’s to allow further air flow, but I would like this area to be a bit tighter. Personal preference I guess.

The built in CE rated armor feels good and stays in place well. It also instills some extra confidence if you’re used to riding non-armored jackets. I personally don't think it gets in the way enough for it to be a real issue for comfort. It is definitely no replacement for the under armor of higher quality and CE rating. If you want to ride hard, buy a size that will allow you to put on the under armor and still be comfortable.

It looks pretty good, but my wife thinks it says “sh*t” on the front... hahahahahaha, the zipper goes through the word SHIFT in the middle. I don’t see it like that, it’s in the eye of the beholder type of thing I presume.

Now for when the liner is out.

Wow! It's great. Nice air flow all around. It's a mental thing, but I don't really like looking down and seeing skin under the mesh. I feel naked in those areas. But it sure is cool. I wouldn't wear this without the liner on a group ride where the limits will be pushed.

It’s a nice overall balance between coverage, feel, fit, armor and air flow. For a $99 jacket, I don’t see it getting much better.

Last futzed with by csmith12; June 29th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.

Old June 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #6
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Cool. Thanks for the review. I looked at that jacket about a month ago when it went on closeout and at $100, it is a great deal. Hope others are able to take advantage of this.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote