ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 17th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

What do you love the most about your bike

This thread is for all bikes (I know this is a Ninja 250 site but many of us have other bikes also). I know we all love our bikes but what is the best part of the bikes total experience. Please tell us what you ride, where you ride IE twisties, commuting, track or racing and what part of the bike thrills your soul the most. There are a lot of ninja owners so I am looking forward to see what they love and why.

My love of the ninja stems from the motor mostly but it is more than that alone. I have pretty much given the little ninja to my wife as of now but I still get to ride it a few times a month during the summer. The fact that you can really wind out the gears and push the bike as hard as it will go, then look down and realize that you have not yet broken the speed limit. We have a 2012 Black Ninja 250 and I cant stop smiling when I take it for a shake down run after I clean it or change the oil. Shifting at nearly redline in the first four gears and pinning the throttle while on main street and not worrying about the police knocking on my door is the best part of that bike. The old saying about riding a slow bike fast really applies to the ninja! When we ride most of the time we are on twisty back farm roads and my wife has no problem keeping up with our group. I have geared the bike up quite a lot over stock so it will not have to rev quite so high to run on the high way and I hollowed out the stock exhaust can with proper jetting in the carbs so it pulls better down low yet it still screams up top. I could not ask for a much better run around bike than this little bike.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Something sounds very familiar about this question... Ah yeah, I liked my answer on a similar question so quoting myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I love my Ninjette because she is fully capable of doing everything I want. Commuting, touring, track riding, canyon carving, and off roading. Along with that, I've invested too much into her for her to just be any old bike, considering I've totaled and rebuilt her.

My bike is my key to a unique kind of adventure. I look at her and see all the possibilities of roads yet explored.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #3
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
What do you love the most about your bike. The rider!

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #4
NinjaCowgirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Liz

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I love my bike 'cause I can go away and nobody can bother me while I'm on it. I love that I can go 170 + miles on a tank (could probably get more miles if I went slower, but, nah..). He's (yes, he's a he and not a she) survived my beginner mistakes, performs fantastically and still has his looks. Finally, his 24 horses are ahella lot easier to get along with than my 1 horse...

Old February 18th, 2014, 02:25 AM   #5
jenkem
ninjette.org member

Name: really

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

It broke my wrench cherry. I'd always wanted to do my own mechanical work, but working on my car was too intimidating. Something about the bike was much more approachable. My tool set has gotten huge and I'm waay more confident/comfortable with a wrench. And I feel as if I'll be able to take that confidence to any car I own in the future.
jenkem is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 18th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #6
Rogue
Hooligan

Name: Robin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja EX300

Gosh, I have to pick just one thing about my sweet litte N-300? I will say it's ability to deliver sheer joy - doesn't matter what kind of rotten day I'm having, just sitting on it knowing it's all mine makes me smile and all the other crap in my life just melts away.

Now, if I need to pick something tactile, I would say it's overall size. I'm rather vertically challenged, and this is my first bike. It's the perfect size for me and the engine has enough power for me to keep up with the big boys when I need to, but not so much that riding around the suburbs feels like work.

Qui patiens est, teres. Teres est, ieiunare. | Twitter: @Rogue_300
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #7
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkem View Post
It broke my wrench cherry. My tool set has gotten huge and I'm waay more confident/comfortable with my wrench.
What are you talking about?

Old February 18th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #8
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkem View Post
It broke my wrench cherry. I'd always wanted to do my own mechanical work, but working on my car was too intimidating. Something about the bike was much more approachable. My tool set has gotten huge and I'm waay more confident/comfortable with a wrench. And I feel as if I'll be able to take that confidence to any car I own in the future.
Best username ever

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #9
corksil

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I like the fact that I can't hear my cell phone, can't hear anyone talking to me, and tend to not think as much when I'm on the bike.

Go away, world.
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #10
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

I love the fact that I can(have) customized it to my exact specs for very cheap.

I love how fun it is to ride and the fact that I can actually have that fun on the street without going to jail like in my car.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #11
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
In love the freedom and adventure of riding. I love getting lost on purpose and finding new places. I can wait to get back out there with the new ride. Its been like i'm missing an arm...
And you're always happy on a bike. Cuz who the hell can cry on a motorcycle??

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #12
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
What do you love the most about your bike. The rider!
Well Cowboy, if you don't love yourself you can't love your bike.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #13
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

That it's sale paid for my mustang

Jk wish I could've kept my F4i. I loved my F4i the most because it fit me as if the ergos were tailored for me. Even with a rock hard supersport seat I could go all day on it and be fine. I also loved it's sound, its power and it's ride/handling. And the looks, not the best CBR design IMO but nonetheless she was a looker.

As for my Ninja... I love that despite being a utilitarian, reliable, practical standard dressed up like a sport bike (soon to change), it's still incredibly fun to ride. I also love that it has a nice amount of power over a 250 but you can still flog it fairly well without getting illegal and it's still pretty flickable (130 rear woo) and light feeling, though the 440lb wet weight wouldn't make it seem that way. I still wish I had gotten an 08+ 250 instead and I would like to own one, or a 300 one day. The 08 250 is honestly what made me want a motorcycle...
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #14
misfitsailor
Ninjette Jockey

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 2 Honda Monkeys, Polini & GRC mini GP

Ninja 250R: It is a spirited, intense ride. I love that it is so light and nimble, and can put in 300-400 mile day rides. It's the little bike that could. I could have bought a Buell, or some liter bike, but going fast and far on a small bike is more adventurous and more fun!

Harley Heritage Softail: It's a relaxed ride, and a great way to see America. This one I love because it is so heavy, strong, comfortable, and cool. I don't take the Ipod on this one, as the big engine already plays my favorite song.

My 2 bikes are as opposite as they get, and I love 'em both!

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?.
misfitsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #15
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
I love the freedom from communication, media, job, and useless thought. I love the zen and the focus I find when in control of a machine that terrifies more people than not. Did I mention the indescribable zone I find myself in when riding a perfect corner on a racetrack?

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #16
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

250 - Overall low cost, insurance, gas, tracking it, etc.

1000 - Comfort, engine, and being able to ride everywhere with my GF. She wasnt comfortable on the 250, and taking trips with her is why i upgraded.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #17
ez12a
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold), 2007 SV650S

i know motorcycles arent necessarily that much cheaper to own after insurance and gear costs... but even so taking a leisurely ride on the bike is cheaper than going out in my car. Double the gas mileage and regular gas to boot? yeah. I'll ride it just to put miles on it.
ez12a is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #18
CaptainPlatypus
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '86 Honda VFR700

When I'm on my bike, I'm happy.
CaptainPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote