ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old June 25th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Thunder in the Valley...anyone...come on, just 1? no?

No helmet fest is fast upon us here in Pennsyltucky, the hospitals are excited as this is this the black friday of organ donor business and it's time to play catch up.

http://visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderi...l-information/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thund...24673794270492

http://www.lightningcustoms.com/thunderinthevalley.html

Been there twice, not once since i have had a bike though. It has its moments though you can generally avoid the hooligans and actually have a good time if you want to with out getting into much trouble, and if you are a hooligan then look no further, bring your tent and all the Iron City beer you can fit on the bike

Lots of drunk people & shenanigans all bets are off no one can predict what could happen, Pennsyltucky at it's best!!

**** catches on fire and no one cares

Link to original page on YouTube.

The one year 2 chicks from the Miss Thunder in the Valley competition got naked and made out on stage, i still don't know who won?

I would go during the day to see bikes and grab some food but i ain'tz gotz no time fo dat

If anyone is in the area let me know though.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I just reaffirmed that I will never buy a can-am
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

I remember living in Bedford and hearing the bikes rolling through the mountain. When they say Thunder in the Valley, they aren't kidding. Never been though

Old June 26th, 2014, 05:49 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
thinking I might try and get out of work a little early tomorrow to check out some of the demo bikes, should be fun.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old June 26th, 2014, 06:04 AM   #5
kdogg2077
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Yamaha FZ07, Ninja 250r 2012 Limited Edition (Sold)

Foghat is going to be there people FOG HAT! Slow Ride anyone?????

I'm just not that enthused to see a bunch of middle aged Harley riders get drunk...

Old June 26th, 2014, 08:16 AM   #6
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

I hate crowds. I'd be much happier going on the road alone.

Old June 26th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #7
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^ can't say I'd be going to meet up for any group rides. Riding with a bunch of drunk people is not high on my priority list

Old June 26th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #8
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
List of Yamy demo bikes.

FJR, R1, R6, FZ6R, FZ09, Bolt,and Bolt R-Spec, VStar 1300 Deluxe, VStar 950, Stratoliner Deluxe, Raider, Stryker, VMax and 2014 Super Tenere.

If weather is good ill definitely throw a leg over the Fz-09 and R6, can't imagine the test ride area is very big or interesting at that but better than nothing.

I'll be honest, i'm a little nervous, never really road a larger cc street bike. But i'm not nervous about being able to handle it, i'm more nervous about how much i'm going to enjoy all the extra ponies Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

it's no secret to anyone i know that i... well, i like to go fast. I know i would love a little more power but i also know it is not necessary for 99% of my riding and that there would be no way in hell i could keep it even close to the speed limit on a daily basis. The 250 keeps me honest... to an extent

What i really need to do is get my damn dirt bike back together so i can get all the power wheelies out of my system, it's been to long.

Old June 26th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #9
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

@subxero I won't be able to make it but if you could do me a huge favor. Get a camera rolling and pick the appropriate bike for your final demo ride. Then wheelie it (just a lil). Can you do that for me? A fellow PA brother?

Old June 27th, 2014, 05:41 AM   #10
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
I haven't rigged my camera up to my helmet yet but regardless I can make no promises. knowing the area of the demo I can't imagine there is going to be much room to stretch any legs, they probably have a designated route that is stupid to say the least.

Old June 27th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #11
Desmoluci
Threadkiller

Name: Mick

Motorcycle(s): Yellow '04 stocker, '89 FJ1200, '87 Ducati Paso, '71 Yamaha XS1b, '99 KLR650, '81 FXE 80, '97 KTM 200EXC , etc

Going up and down on the incline was my favorite part of the day when I went there.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Desmoluci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #12
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^ doesn't do the city justice... it's a real **** hole lol That video makes it look someone nice

I think the Jtown inclined plane is actually one of the steepest if not the steepest. just a fun fact for y'all

Old June 27th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #13
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Stop by quick today to check out some some yamy demo bikes with @kdogg2077

He rode an FZ-07, and did a little write up in that thread in general.

I took an FZ-09 out the first time. I liked it for the most part. Mechanics all felt pretty good to me other than the initial off throttle to on throttle position. It was very clunky feeling like their was play in the gears/sprocket chain whatever then when you finally got to where the engine was getting some more fuel it would all catch up and click in. (this is just best way i can describe how it felt, not actually what was happening) Once you were on the throttle everything felt pretty good. I like how the triple sounded when you got the revs up a bit and the low end grunt was nice. I had the throttle in A mode (sport mode) it was non issue other than the clunky feel from off to on but i think that was there for all settings.

Ride was decent route, speed limit was mainly 35, i got up to 55 60ish at one point. The power comes on pretty smooth and steady, getting the front end to paw at the road would be non issue if you wanted. You could easily put this thing in 3rd and just go and not worry about shifting... ever if you are into that kind of thing

Everything else felt decent enough, nothing terrible, nothing amazing. I didn't like the tack, i couldn't read much of it very easily but in reality it doesn't matter much, who needs a tach? Ergos were good, not much different than 250, but handle bars i felt more comfortable with as opposed to the close stocker 250 bars.

For anything but a long distance highway commuter i could see this bike being a blast. It would handle just about anything you throw at it and ask for more.

In short, cool fun bike, amazing? ehhh probably not, but for 7990 msrp? pretty sweet package! You could remedy the suspension pretty easily for a little cash.

R6 - liked it, the throttle was butter smooth everywhere, non of that clunky feeling of the FZ-09, unfortunately only going 50-55mph is like a D tease on this thing. Even in second gear for the entire route the bike wasn't even on the verge of waking up. That being said its hard to say much about it, i didn't mind the ergos, i kind of like a more aggressive position anyway, i like getting behind the screen ect... Could see myself really liking this bike if i had a chance to get on it a bit. Obviously with out saying it doesn't have the low/mid range grunt of the FZ-09 but that is not why you get an 4cylinder

Had a good time, wish i had more time to hang out and check out some more booths, food ect... but i'm a busy man and its the wifie's Bday, gotta prioritize right?

Getting back on the 250 was a little lack luster at first as i had some highway riding to do. but after i got off the highway onto some back roads i rung it's little neck and had a swell time, a little more power to pull coming out of the turns would be nice but i'm generally going faster than i should at that point anyway so i can live with out it.

Ok, Crash one, keep one, never own one GO!!!

Crash the FZ-09, hell yeah, it comes off as a hooligan bike which means you have to crash it or your not doing it right

Never own... well, i could probably do with out the R6 although this was a touch choice between the ninja and the R6.... like i said before, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Keep the 250 , well we all know i ain't getting **** for it if i sell it and it is cheap to upkeep all around and makes a great cheap track bike if you want to go that route so might as well keep the POS!

Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:38 AM   #14
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
It's that time of year again! If anyone is making a trip to crap town PA for this hit me up.

@Dano you gonna make a trip in?

http://visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderi...l-information/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 24th, 2015, 08:25 AM   #15
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
R6 - liked it, the throttle was butter smooth everywhere, non of that clunky feeling of the FZ-09, unfortunately only going 50-55mph is like a D tease on this thing. Even in second gear for the entire route the bike wasn't even on the verge of waking up. That being said its hard to say much about it, i didn't mind the ergos, i kind of like a more aggressive position anyway, i like getting behind the screen ect... Could see myself really liking this bike if i had a chance to get on it a bit. Obviously with out saying it doesn't have the low/mid range grunt of the FZ-09 but that is not why you get an 4cylinder
The beast best is yet to come... Dat shift from 2nd to 3rd @ about a buck 10, near redline and the front wheel lifts is intoxicating.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 24th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #16
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^ strangely this is exactly why I "need" one and why I don't need one at the same time

Old June 26th, 2015, 11:46 AM   #17
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

@subxero I was just up in Jtown for a HS Grad party(wifey's cousin) and thats my Jtown trip of the year!. I hate organized bike crap, if I had the time to ride out there I would just keep going and hit the backroads.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2016, 07:07 PM   #18
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Yes... again http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thunder-valley

Thunder... thunder, Thunder Cats! Hooo!

Old June 23rd, 2016, 06:47 AM   #19
kdogg2077
ninjette.org sage

Well the weather looks like it's gonna be way better than last year.

Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:53 AM   #20
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^you going to wheels and wings? I won't make it, I would like to but just not gonna happen. Looks like rain on Friday, regardless I won't be able to go down town after work that day anyway. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty busy all weekend as well I doubt I will get down there at all, Saturday evening is the only chance if at all

Old June 24th, 2016, 09:23 AM   #21
kdogg2077
ninjette.org sage

I was eating dinner and getting ready to go when it started to pour outside. So rain killed Wheels and Wings for me. Debating going to Thunder since it looks pretty nice today.

Text me if you're heading to Thunder on Sat.