ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

View Poll Results: What group do you run your ninjette in?
A group 8 32.00%
B group 7 28.00%
C group 2 8.00%
I've never done a track day. 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
What Group Do You Run Your Ninjette In?

I'm just wondering what group you guys run your ninjettes in and why. Are you a podium finisher who runs in B? Or a solid B grouper who runs in C? When did you switch from C to B or B to A and why?

I want to know how you guys choose the group you run in. I found a guide on a trackday org's site that gives an estimate to break the groups up by lap time. According to that guide I'm close to the minimum B group times, with some work on my BP and braking which I intend to do at the track school, I feel I would be able to surpass the minimum B group times. Would that be a good time to switch to B or should I stick in C group still? I wouldn't want to run in B unless I was confident I could keep up.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I would say for your benefit you should switch. You will get better loosing to better riders. Than beating slower riders. But you also don't want to be in the way. Or go in over your head.

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Well I can't lose if I'm not racing I think the biggest benefit of B would be the ability to pass on the inside. A lot of times I get stuck in C behind someone because the take the widest and slowest line and I can't pass on the inside. Of course if I went to B I'd be one of the (or THE) slower riders and so that needing to pass on the inside problem wouldn't exist anymore
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #4
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Solid C group and usually back of the pack.

I've seen several C's move up to B in the few days I've been there. When seems to be determined by communication between the rider and the coaches.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #5
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
I rode C group my first three track weekends (all different tracks). Once I get to know a track after doing it once or twice, I sign up for B group. Now that I've done every track around this area, I will stick with B group.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Get to B as soon as you safely can. Having a control rider follow you is the best way. And in general, your only as fast as the company you keep.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #7
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 899, 748, 250, 250, 70

You have to be careful with these kinds of generalizations. One organization's Intermediates may be as fast as another org's Advanced group. Even in the same org, one weekend's Novice group can be as quick as the next weekend's Int riders.

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #8
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): none yet

A, B and C?
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #9
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I start the day in C but after the first session they get to many complaints to they bump me to B.

After lunch they inform me that I'm scaring the B group riders so they moved me to A.

After the first session in A they ask me to leave because the other riders manhood is at risk of permanent damage so I pack my stuff up and leave since my rear tire is at the cords anyways.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #10
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
I start the day in C but after the first session they get to many complaints to they bump me to B.

After lunch they inform me that I'm scaring the B group riders so they moved me to A.

After the first session in A they ask me to leave because the other riders manhood is at risk of permanent damage so I pack my stuff up and leave since my rear tire is at the cords anyways.
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #11
rc-rick
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): '09 ZX6 (street), '04 RC51 (street/track), '08 Ninja 250 (race)

I control ride on my 250 in the novice group. I can also go run in the "I" group which I find really slows me down when I enter the corners. I can't get any hot laps in. The "A" group is the best for me on the 250 or a big bike for that matter. On the 250, if I need to, I'm not afraid to pass someone close to keep up my corner speed. It's fun passing big bikes in the corners after they passed you on the straight.
rc-rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #12
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Tracks I know is A, yesterday I went to my first new track in 3 years, I rode slow group because it was a race weekend and I had never been there before.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #13
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

In all honesty, now that I've ran in all groups I saw for myself that groups don't mean jack **** most of the time. I've seen mid aged dudes rocking their Panigale's in A group holding everyone up cause they run Low B to high C times. I had people own me in B group one day and no one catching up to me in A group another. B is usually the most clusterf*ck in my experience. So stick to C until you're faster and just jump to A lol. In the end it doesn't matter.

I know your question was 250 specific but I don't think it matters. Unless you're all over the place with your lines and keep f*cking up you can ride any group..

The other day I saw this dude's video. The guy's laptimes are running in a range of 6 friggin seconds because he pushes and ****s up and almost take others with him a couple times. That guy can run 1 fast lap all he wants. He's not good.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Gurk
Done here.

Jiggles one thing I gotta mention about passing.
We all know Nemesis is an idiot for the most part (<3) but he gave me one great advice which changed my attitude on track. I was complaining that so many slow people register for B group and ruin the experience for others. He told me I should treat before 1pm or so sessions as just passing practice.

Since then I have. I don't care about my lap times as much (sure i do but ya know) and just focus on clean passing opportunities or creating them myself with wiser choice of lines. I gotta say it really helps. And what's awesome is, sometimes my fastest laps can even come on laps that i pass people because I don't lose as much time passing them. It's all a part of the experience.

Old June 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #15
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
In all honesty, now that I've ran in all groups I saw for myself that groups don't mean jack **** most of the time. I've seen mid aged dudes rocking their Panigale's in A group holding everyone up cause they run Low B to high C times. I had people own me in B group one day and no one catching up to me in A group another. B is usually the most clusterf*ck in my experience. So stick to C until you're faster and just jump to A lol. In the end it doesn't matter.

I know your question was 250 specific but I don't think it matters. Unless you're all over the place with your lines and keep f*cking up you can ride any group..

The other day I saw this dude's video. The guy's laptimes are running in a range of 6 friggin seconds because he pushes and ****s up and almost take others with him a couple times. That guy can run 1 fast lap all he wants. He's not good.
God it wasn't one of my videos I hope

Passing practice is a good way to put it and that's exactly what I did this last time out. I remembered back when I was still racing I'd go to a trackday to learn a new course and work on suspension settings. Everyone in A group would be so slow I could never get a full clean lap to monitor lap time progression with different changes to the bike. I would get so frustrated I would be seeing red buy lunch time and even if I did chance upon a clean lap here and there my mental game was so screwed up I couldn't do anything with it.

It's hard to chill out and have fun when your on the other side of the country learning a new track that the very next day you have to beat the local track pro in every race just to make the trip profitable or your going to lose your ass and have no money for the next weeks race.

I have so much more fun at trackdays now that I no longer race
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
God it wasn't one of my videos I hope
Hahah nope. He was on a zx10r i believe