ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 7th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #1
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Red/SOLD), 2008 Ninja 250R (Black/SOLD), 2005 ZX6R (Black)

Danmoto exhaust illegal in CA?!

According to the danmoto website for US it is illegal to have one apparently and the website even said that it WILL NOT SHIP TO CA. Anyone care to aware me on that rule? Wats up with that?!
RandomPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

didnt you know?

this is an Area P only forum.

anything else and you must buy a growler and stay in the pregen section.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #3
boomer187um
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R CLG

damn DOT!!!
boomer187um is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #4
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Does not surprise me really:

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews...assani-danmoto
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
They got fined over selling 12 exhaust cans?? Is the intent of CARB to reduce emissions or reduce noise?

If it's to reduce emissions, it seems like piss in the ocean. Look at how much freighter ships contribute to global emissions.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Good
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #7
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Red/SOLD), 2008 Ninja 250R (Black/SOLD), 2005 ZX6R (Black)

shesh now aint that lame -.- i liked the design of that can so much too....

Old September 7th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

You could always head east and pick one up out of state?

It's quite fun going on a big trip to buy something, in this world of quick satisfaction, it's nice to go on a bit of a pilgrimage.

I am renting a van in a few months and taking it on the car ferry to england to pick up a kitchen from Ikea, can't wait!
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #9
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
You could always head east and pick one up out of state?

It's quite fun going on a big trip to buy something, in this world of quick satisfaction, it's nice to go on a bit of a pilgrimage.

I am renting a van in a few months and taking it on the car ferry to england to pick up a kitchen from Ikea, can't wait!
my god that sounds awesome. but i would need to set aside time and then figure out where im going to even pick up this exhaust at. Then i would have to take my ninja and go on a quest! xD wouldnt b too fun for my back

Old September 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Is this can sold online?

Quite a lot of english companies won't ship to my island due to complicated reasons, postage and sales tax mainly.

When i order stuff online, it often comes up with an error after failing destination validation saying "Sorry, we are unable to ship to CI & IOM" or something like that.

What I do first is remove the key word "guernsey" from the shipping and replace with "UK", that normally works, and my product still gets to me because of the post code being in a black list or "zip code" for the mericans. If that fails, enter a zip code just out of state as well as removing state name, if you have enough information such as building, street, town, area it is likely to get to you.

I always do insured delivery with tracking, if something doesn't turn up I get my money back, win win.

If all of the above fails, you could find loop holes, I am sure the emmisions laws will be exempt for racing vehicles, you could protest that you're competing in a race and you need a new can and maybe if they're lucky you'll put a brand sticker of theirs on your side fairing for the next race at wherever, blag it.

Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #11
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

@josh looks like i should start simple and go through craigslist to see what i can find then lol

Old September 11th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #12
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Looks like there might b hope for me yet! Looks like i can attempt to order the exhaust via international danmoto website. Its even 3 bucks cheaper! now i just gotta see if it works mwahaha

Old September 12th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Awful lot of trouble to make your bike sound terrible
AFM #676

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #14
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Awful lot of trouble to make your bike sound terrible
Sound and aesthetics can be subjective my friend i honestly like the design and the sound this lil can produces so im kinda set on getting it

Old September 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #15
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
JardineGP1

Old February 16th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #16
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

It's legal for off-road and track bikes. Technically we order our jet-kits for our "race bikes" out here. My AreaP doesn't have a stamp, and they're from CA. Who knows.... CA is stupid.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #17
misfitsailor
Ninjette Jockey

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 2 Honda Monkeys, Polini & GRC mini GP

No laws here in CA benefit anyone but the state government. The only purpose of our laws here is to generate taxes, fees and fines.

I run a Yoshi pipe on my Ninja, and shotguns with baffles on my Harley. I have never known anybody who got in trouble for having aftermarket exhaust.
misfitsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #18
dino74

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Honestly, I'm glad California is cracking down on loud exhausts. Nothing more annoying than a loud ass bike rev'ing through the neighborhood at 2am.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #19
dino74

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitsailor View Post
I run a Yoshi pipe on my Ninja, and shotguns with baffles on my Harley. I have never known anybody who got in trouble for having aftermarket exhaust.
SB 435 just recently gone into effect.

Quote:
This bill would make it a crime for a person to park, use, or operate a motorcycle, registered in the state, that is manufactured on and after January 1, 2013, or a motorcycle, registered in the state, with aftermarket exhaust system equipment that is manufactured on or after January 1, 2013, that does not have the above label, and would make a violation of this provision punishable by a specified fine, thereby imposing a state-mandated local program by creating a new crime. The bill would require the person to whom a notice to appear is issued, or against whom a complaint is filed, for the above violation, to provide proof of correction. The bill would authorize a court to dismiss the penalty imposed for a first violation if the person produces proof of correction to the satisfaction of the court.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #20
misfitsailor
Ninjette Jockey

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 2 Honda Monkeys, Polini & GRC mini GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
SB 435 just recently gone into effect.
Oh, that is unfortunate.

Some of us don't want to make lots of noise, we just want our engines to breathe decently and not sound like a lawn mower.

Last futzed with by misfitsailor; February 19th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.
misfitsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #21
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
I got mine on Amazon if that helps.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #22
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
So according to that law (and many others like it) it's better to live on the other side of the rockies and head over for the beaches from time to time. If ever hahaha. It seems that if I ever move west it'll be to colorado. Cali just has way to much bullshit going on that I don't know how people put up with it. Seriously, what if down the line your oem pipes rust and fall off and you have to replace them but can't because that would be illegal? Why can't cali just do a DB law if sound is the problem? stock harley pipes are pretty damned loud and those will be legal under that because they're stock.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #23
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
So according to that law (and many others like it) it's better to live on the other side of the rockies and head over for the beaches from time to time. If ever hahaha. It seems that if I ever move west it'll be to colorado. Cali just has way to much bullshit going on that I don't know how people put up with it. Seriously, what if down the line your oem pipes rust and fall off and you have to replace them but can't because that would be illegal? Why can't cali just do a DB law if sound is the problem? stock harley pipes are pretty damned loud and those will be legal under that because they're stock.
your making it sound like politicians are on the peoples side. I mean..afterall, there is such thing as legal bribes, commonly referred to as campaign contributions..so lose/lose for the working folk.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #24
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
your making it sound like politicians are on the peoples side. I mean..afterall, there is such thing as legal bribes, commonly referred to as campaign contributions..so lose/lose for the working folk.
I'd like to imagine that I live in a world where those in charge actually give a damn about the people but that's really not the case
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #25
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Stock harley pipes are not very loud, the owners swap them out for straight pipes.

And if you're pipes rust and fall off then the rest of your bike is probably in ****** enough condition that it wouldn't be worth replacing
AFM #676

Old February 19th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #26
chugs
Schönen Tag noch

Name: c

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250 race bike, 02 gixxer 600 telefonica

Almost every exhaust is illegal in Cali, it's just not enforced.
chugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #27
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
Honestly, I'm glad California is cracking down on loud exhausts. Nothing more annoying than a loud ass bike rev'ing through the neighborhood at 2am.

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #28
headshrink

Quote:
As far as I know we do have a db law, so this new one is just another redundancy.

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #29
Brian
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

:\ eek. Didn't know so many riders were against loud pipes. It personally doesn't bug me at all but I put the growler on even before I knew how to ride and it's hilariously loud. Again the sound doesn't bug me, but right now it scares me whenever I turn the bike on which is not what I want when I'm just learning how to ride.

Once I get enough money I'm going to get a yoshi / two bro's pipe (which I should have done in the first place) The $200 price tag of the hotbodies pipe and the sound really tempted me to buy it as to the $450+ price tag of the yoshi or two bro's, which is what influenced me to buy it the most.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2014, 03:08 AM   #30
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
My is the danmoto sounded good with the baffle in. It was a bit loud still but the baffle gave it a better tone.
If you want a loud pipe this one fits the bill.
I have a two brothers on the 300 and that one sounds better and a bit quieter. (At least as my boyfriend rode off on it for a test ride).

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote