ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1
arnoldc6
ninjette.org member

Name: Arnold

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

bad battery or simply bad posture?

I have this habit or starting the engine before I retract the kickstand and let it warm up for a bit. But when i was starting it up yesterday (with kickstand down), it gave absolutely no respond. None of the indicator lights lite up , and the push start button wasn't responding either. However when i sat on it and straighten it up, everything works like normal again.

Prior to this, once in a while when i am starting it up, the lights (headlight and indicators) sometimes do flash a bit.

I always keep my gas tank at least 1/4 full so it should has anything to do with gas level.

Does it sounds like a battery problem to you guys? I am very new to riding so right now i have no idea what to do.
arnoldc6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #2
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

You sure you didn't just forget to disengage the engine kill switch?

Old June 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Check the connections to the battery. Loose?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #4
arnoldc6
ninjette.org member

Name: Arnold

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
You sure you didn't just forget to disengage the engine kill switch?
lol i did do that a few time but that shouldn't be long enough to drain the battery..

thanks for the advice cs. I am gonna go work on the connections when i receive my tool kit- wouldn't get it till two weeks later.
arnoldc6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM   #5
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldc6 View Post
lol i did do that a few time but that shouldn't be long enough to drain the battery..

thanks for the advice cs. I am gonna go work on the connections when i receive my tool kit- wouldn't get it till two weeks later.
Im not sure what a drained battery has to do with anything. All you said is that when you try to turn it on without sitting on it it won't start, while if you sit on it it start up fine. If the battery was drained it wouldnt turn on no matter what.

You either have a faulty contact of forgot to to disengage the kill switch. Also, the headlights dimming while you try to turn it on is normal to a certain extent and the current draw is greater than when the bike is running.

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Check the connections to the battery. Loose?
This