Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old August 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #1
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Ninjetter finds GSXR squid lying in the road

Apparently the guy was doing a 90MPH wheelie.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Here is the youtube description from the guy who filmed and uploaded the video:

Quote:
Wear your gear kids, and don't do 90mph wheelies in traffic.

I don't know the guy I just happened to be riding along right behind where the accident happened. I also did not see the accident itself, just a big cloud of smoke, then bits of GSXR littering the freeway so the description of the crash is what I heard from other drivers. He definitely rammed into the back of the car he hit very hard, it looked pretty well damaged. At first he was twitching like crazy and started barfing in his mouth so one of the people who stopped and said he was a nurse had people help him roll the guy on his side while he held his head as still as possible. After awhile he regained consciousness and began moaning, making horrible wounded animal noises, and saying "mother****er" a lot. I don't know what kind of internal injuries he might have or if he has any spinal injuries but it seemed like he would survive at least. I haven't been able to find anything about the accident on the local news.

Accident happened June 8, 2013 on the Glenn Jackson bridge between OR and WA Northbound
Here is the back of the car he hit:

Someone claiming to be the mother of the crashed rider posted this comment beneath the video:
Quote:
My son Nathan is doing very well as of today and has no major lasting injuries. I thank God for him daily that he is still with us and am also so happy for his son's sake. His daddy is still around to be in his life. I also wanted to say THANK YOU and God Bless everyone who helped with his care that day. The fact that you all stopped and took the time out to care for another human being and didn't just continue on driving past him is a testimate to the wonderful caring person you all are.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Lucky guy
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

We Ninjetters are kind souls.

Here is a good article for those who want to be prepared for a similar event: