ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM   #1
TylersEM2
TylersEM2

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Washington Reppin'

Hello everyone! I live in Olympia Washington, I'm 17, I'm a running start student attending SPS, and I've been into bikes for a while.
I used to ride dirt bikes a little, just around my grandpa's property, and last year I really wanted a motorcycle. I love the new gen 250r's and they seem like the most perfect beginner, and eventually commuter bike. I remember when I first got into looking at bikes I was like, 'I CAN'T WAIT TO GET AN R6, GSXR, ZX6R, OR CBR600RR.'
But, being the researcher that I am, I concluded that I would be completely insane to try and control a bike that is way way too much for me. I stumbled upon ninja's, and I fell in love. I'm a researcher, and I looked at motorcycleusa, bestbeginnermotorcycles, and other online sites like those.

And just a side note! I'm on a ton of forums, and people tend to think that whenever their is a new member, it is the first forum they have ever used, but don't worry! I know my way around! I don't plan on asking a ton of questions that can easily be found by the magical 'search' button, and I will most likely just lurk around. Just wanted to make an account to view some pics have more lurking privileges. I'll try not to troll either.
TylersEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM   #2
thurt88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CRF250L, 2010 ninja 250r

thurt88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM   #3
TylersEM2
TylersEM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurt88 View Post

Old April 21st, 2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Trash Can Man
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, 87 & 99 Concours, Buell 1125CR

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Bumpty,bumpty, bump
Trash Can Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM   #5
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Welcome bro and I have to say, the wisdom you exhibited by having an understanding of your capabilities and doing your research is very commendable! Kudos to you and hope you get your ninjette soon
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:38 AM   #6
TylersEM2
TylersEM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can Man View Post
Howdy and welcome to the forum.
I'm excited to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Welcome bro and I have to say, the wisdom you exhibited by having an understanding of your capabilities and doing your research is very commendable! Kudos to you and hope you get your ninjette soon
Thanks man! People I know are being douches about it though. They are all like, 'why don't you just get a 600cc supersport, you can get like an 04 for like 4k.' i just simply say, 'you do you, I'll do me, we will see who lives longer, and who is a better rider next year'

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:44 AM   #7
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Thanks man! People I know are being douches about it though. They are all like, 'why don't you just get a 600cc supersport, you can get like an 04 for like 4k.' i just simply say, 'you do you, I'll do me, we will see who lives longer, and who is a better rider next year'
I like your logic, and it's solid in itself, but here's the problem that we all (EX-250 riders) have to deal with: You're not going to hear macho trash-talk from the guys who ran out and got a 600cc supersport as their first bike and wrecked it. Those guys tend to keep their mouths shut on the subject. The ones that will continuously try to make you miserable are the guys who ran out and got a 600cc supersport as their first bike and somehow managed (dumb luck, guardian angels, actual skill, who knows?) not to wreck it or lose their liscense for speeding tickets. They think they're God on two wheels, and they're full of "good advice".
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM   #8
TylersEM2
TylersEM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
I like your logic, and it's solid in itself, but here's the problem that we all (EX-250 riders) have to deal with: You're not going to hear macho trash-talk from the guys who ran out and got a 600cc supersport as their first bike and wrecked it. Those guys tend to keep their mouths shut on the subject. The ones that will continuously try to make you miserable are the guys who ran out and got a 600cc supersport as their first bike and somehow managed (dumb luck, guardian angels, actual skill, who knows?) not to wreck it or lose their liscense for speeding tickets. They think they're God on two wheels, and they're full of "good advice".
Thanks man! I'm just happy there is a community that isn't going to judge me for taking the safer route!

Old April 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #9
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #10
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote