View Poll Results: right or wrong
right 25 92.59%
wrong 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #1
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Right or wrong??

Got this link in my email today. Looks like the "bullys" parents are going to sue.

Link to original page on YouTube.

If you ask me. After the first punch its self-defense. I vote right. Self-defense

almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #2
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Voted "right" also. You should clarify the question though. meaning it was self defense. The kid didn't snap, he just defended himself. This video should be all the proof needed.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/03/cas...fighter-remix/
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Link to more of the story. Both suspended, the bodyslammee for a longer term than the bodyslammer.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #4
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Link to more of the story. Both suspended, the bodyslammee for a longer term than the bodyslammer.
That's good. In my opinion it should end at that. No lawsuits or anything. The school's job is done and now it's up to the parents to discipline their own kids as they see fit.

IMO the skinny little bastard got what he deserved - a valuable lesson.

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #5
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

That kid was so small compared to that other kid. Lol What was he thinking?? It's like hitting on that hot girl at the bar, but her boy friend looks like he lifts school buses for fun. You just don't do it!!

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #6
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

The kid deserved what he got. If I was in casey's position I would have done something similar. He does not deserve to be punished, his actions were completely reasonable because no one should have to face that kind of abuse.

p.s. That first confession from the link was unreal...

Old March 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #7
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

school fights......not quite as entertaining as Denny's fights
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #8
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

No right nor wrong, just kids being kids, what's the big deal?

Viewers of this video need to realize neither of these kids have the knowledge to solve problems without violence. That's why kids need to be taught examples from their parents and later in schools. Hopefully, both kids learned a lesson or two, not only they should realize their learnings, but repeat their lessons with recitation and writing over and over until it is enbeddd in their minds that violence is not the way to solve problems.

Suing the school or each other do not help kids learn lessons..

Last futzed with by "A"; March 17th, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 03:52 AM   #9
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I voted right. The kid was clearly provoked into defending himself. The bully got exactly what he deserved. What do you expect after taking a punch to the face. You can only take so much until you have to take action to make the bully stop.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:36 AM   #10
Eva689
ninjette.org member

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

It was wrong. The larger kid brought a gun to a knife fight. I wouldn't condone the aggressor's actions for a second, but they weren't going to maim anyone. It was lucky that he landed on his front. If that slam had impacted his head, he'd be somewhere between brain damage and death. There were better options.
Eva689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM   #11
tiggen
ninjette.org guru

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2003 250

Hope the bird-legged kid learns something.
tiggen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #12
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva689 View Post
It was wrong. The larger kid brought a gun to a knife fight. I wouldn't condone the aggressor's actions for a second, but they weren't going to maim anyone. It was lucky that he landed on his front. If that slam had impacted his head, he'd be somewhere between brain damage and death. There were better options.
You can't expect a kid to know about consequences like concussions or brain injuries. He just knew he was getting punched in the face and in the stomach, and being humiliated in front of everyone and he'd had about enough of it. It was painfully obvious he didn't want to fight at all, but did so out of necessity. After he pounded the kid, he could have easily kicked his ribs and head in while he was on the ground but he didn't.

What are his choices? Run away? Tell a teacher? That will only get you picked on more the next day. It's unrealistic to think that there were other options. Poor kid has probably been picked on like this for years, and I'm willing to bet it won't happen again.

Old March 17th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #13
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Looked like self defense to me.
The kid got punched in the face, turned the other cheek, and let the little punk hit him a bunch of times before he finally had enough.

Once he slammed the little brat, it was over. He didnt continue. He only used enough force to end the assault.

Good for him.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #14
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): '08 and 09 Ninja 250R

I say the little punk got what he asked for. EVERY animal including humans has a built in defense mechanism, and once provoked, the urge to act is undeniable.. I will bet a hundred dollars that skinny kid never touches or even gives a funny look the bigger one, ever again!
KawiRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #15
trex
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 250r '08 Candy Plasma (best) Blue

self defense

no wrong here....running and telling the teacher can only do so much...sometimes you have to stand up for yourself...if the kid would have gotten seriously hurt? so what...he took the risk on himself the second he became the aggressor...its not "kids being kids" it is an attacker attacking a victim...in this case the victim defended himself....if you go on letting these things slides because "kids are kids" then it is sending the message that because they are youth they are exempt from the rules we adults must live by and they sure as hell better start learning now because if that kid would have tried this on the street he probably would have been killed
trex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #16
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
The little punk got what he deserved (maybe not even enough). They both get suspended because of the zero tolerance rule (Americans are being trained to be pussies and never stick up for themselves). If the law suit continues I think the big kid's parents should press aggravated assault charges and claim emotional distress with a counter suit. I would then sue the school system for operating an unsafe environment (bullying) on the big kid's behave.

I had this happen to my older son when he was in middle school. While playing softball a kid hit my son in the head with his fist (which had the ball in it). My son dropped the kid. When the kid got up and tried to hit him again my son dropped him again. They were both suspended for fighting (zero tolerance). This was at the end of the school year and they were not going to be able to take their finals. I got in touch with the principal and when that didn't go well I went to the Superintendent of the school system. I only lucked out because the kid had a ball in his fist which made the charge striking with an object (you can defend yourself on this account). My son was allowed to take his finals (although the teachers were still assholes about it). We teach our kids to defend themselves and the school system teaches them to be finks and run to a teacher or the office and tattletale. In the real world you better be able to handle situations on your own. There might not be someone around to tattle to.

My son and the other kid are now friends.

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #17
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

As a guy who was picked on in high school because I was so skinny, I know what the bigger kid is going through. One guy kept pressuring me to fight. All because I joked around with his girlfriend. Unknown to him, but told to him by his GF, we had been friends for years before he even knew her. We aren't going to change overnight just because he is jealous of us getting a few laughs. So he kept trying to start a fight. I talked my way out of it for months, giving every excuse in the book I could think of. Then one day, I said screw it, I'm tired of it, if he wants to fight, we can fight...but he can throw the first punch. The guy knew I was on varsity soccer, knew my legs were my strong point, so I wore steel toed boots. He talked smack, I said I got my A** kicking boots on, he looked down, and started backing down. Days after I taunted him while wearing my boots, asking him why he was all bashful now, asked him how it feels to be bugged relentlessly. Lucky for him, he apologized and we talked it out.

Honestly, there is a line you cross where you just can't take it anymore. The bigger kid didn't know how to fight, all he knew is that he was strong and the bully was small, so he did what he could to diffuse the situation as fast as possible. I'm all for his actions. He wanted it to stop and nothing more, so he did just enough to permanently stop it for good. Yeah, the small kid could have gotten hurt, but when you get punched in your face and gut, you just want it to stop and will do what you can to make it stop.

Lucky I'm a black belt in TKD...makes me feel better about encounters, but I know several grappling moves to stop a fight as well.

I like knowing I have yet to use what I know on anyone, but can defend myself if required.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #18
PsychoNinja
Ninja Dog

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

Holy crap, that little punk got Pwn'd big time! Serves the little a****** right!

I'm not condoning violence, but you gotta do what you gotta do to defend yourself.

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #19
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

The big kid was 100% justified. I don't know why people love predators so much, but the skinny one got off easy. No reason to expel the kid defending himself, looks like he got violated twice.
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #20
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Viewers of this video need to realize neither of these kids have the knowledge to solve problems without violence.
Sure, I'd say Casey knows how to, but sometimes a good ass-kicking solves the problem a lot faster, and permanently. "Talking it out" as a kid doesn't work when the other kid is an idiot.

Old March 17th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #21
trex
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 250r '08 Candy Plasma (best) Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlarorc View Post
Sure, I'd say Casey knows how to, but sometimes a good ass-kicking solves the problem a lot faster, and permanently. "Talking it out" as a kid doesn't work when the other kid is an idiot.
EXACTLY....you can try all you want to talk intelligently to someone...but if they are too stupid or unwilling to listen...sometimes you have to speak to them in the primordial language of violence...no way around it...i personally feel that if used in self defense and with other options exhausted....an acceptable level of violence is a viable method to diffuse a situation
trex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #22
Live2ride

I was bullied a lot in elementary thru the end of middle school, that is, until a kid decided to punch me in the stomach and broke 2 of his fingers while I stood there smiling at him. I have never fought back in a fight. I had been in a handful of "fights" during school and never fought back...I never had to, I was one of the lucky ones. Every time anyone has ever attempted to hurt me in a fight they end up hurting themselves by hitting me. Also, one of my best friends in middle school had to suffer when his mother committed suicide. Every single day there was a bully who made fun of his mother saying such things as "Haha, your mom killed herself to get away from your ugly face", and this went on for months and months. Finally one day my friend snapped and sent the kid to the hospital in critical condition(the bully did hit him first). It took 3 teachers to pull him off the bully and subdue him, no harm done to the teachers. My friend was suspended for about a week because everyone knew he was being bullied and never did anything about it. He had talked to school counselors, the principle, his teachers and no one would help him. There is much to be learned from instances like this. Fighting is generally not the answer but at certain points it is more than justified. The fact that this fight was video taped suggests the kid, Casey, had been bullied constantly by that insignificant little shell of a human being.

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #23
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I hope the judge sends this little **** a lesson. The big guy took two shots to the face .before he educated the punk.the face that his friends filmed it makkes it premeditated.I hope the big guy sues the punk and his **** parrents into next week
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #24
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

if the parents of that lil bastard sue and win, i'm starting a petition!! Not too long ago I started a thread about bullying and how kids are today blah blah blah...here we finally have a kid that stood up for himself, its SELF DEFENSE. regardless if his leg broke or he could have had brain damage, the lil punk should have thought about that before picking on someone bigger then him. So at this point, what that little punks parents are doing is showing him that bullying is ok...pathetic!!!

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #25
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

What's a little rough housing among ol' chums? Slim Shady was clearly demonstrating his slap boxing skills and Biggie was illustrating the latest backyard wrestling move. Anybody ever play that rough?
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #26
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Either you've never been bullied, or you've got no concept of hte way the world really works. Not a single staff member at any school I am aware of has EVER done anything to help out a bullying victim until after someone gets hurt. WHat better options were there? A kid goes and tells staff, they do nothing. ANd then the bullying gets worse cause now you're a snitch too. You can only take so much. The fat kid got bullied and showed amazing restraint by not kicking the ever living s**t out of the little punk once he was on the ground.

I used to get bullied, all the way up to high school. That's when I learned that the only way to stop a builly is to make them hurt or bleed. These are the options for dealing with a bully:

1. Accept being bullied and do nothing
2. Handle business
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #27
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

You know what they say. You mess with a bull, You get the horns.
Ive told my son that "fighting is never the answer."
Ive also told my son that "sometimes its the only solution when theres no question."
My son has only been in 1 fight. He slamed a kid up against the lockers and gut punched a classmate for rough handling his little sister. This boy obviously learned that behavior at home.
My son just let him know that his behavior was unacceptale.
Lucky for that kid, and me.
If I would have found out before this kid got served by my son there no telling what my reaction would have been. (Thats my baby girl. Dont mess with daddys baby.)
I spent 4 hours at his high school explaining how my son could have seriously hurt this boy and choose not too. Hes taken Jiu-Jitsu for 2 years and Judo for a year. He can kick my ass. (Id never tell him that) Im on my third year of Jiu-jits (blue belt) and refuse to "roll" with him anymore. He outweighs me by 40 pounds and is in way better shape than I am.
After a half a day at the high school it was determined that there would be no suspension for either student. The boy who rough handled my daughter had to, and still does attend counseling sessions for anger management.
I commended my son for taking care of his little sister. He said at the time he thought. What would my dad do? Good thing he didnt know what Id REALLY do if I witnessed such behavior.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #28
Snake

That school clearly needs to teach its students to respect each others differences. The little kid took a gamble thinking the big kid would just sit there and take it and he lost.

Old March 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #29
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
Being punched in the face can kill you. The big kid did nor BRING anything. The small kid picked a knife fight with someone that had a gun . Yes you are correct that both kids where lucky. If the small kid was killed the victom would be charged. It is a no win for anyone. The school had better use this for an educational tool or it may get sued.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
That school clearly needs to teach its students to respect each others differences. The little kid took a gamble thinking the big kid would just sit there and take it and he lost.
The little kid is from a different school, which makes me wonder how they were able to take action and suspend him for something he did outside of their jurisdiction.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #31
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
The little kid is from a different school, which makes me wonder how they were able to take action and suspend him for something he did outside of their jurisdiction.
It wouldn't matter, as long as you are on school property they have jurisdiction. If he was from a different school then it would be taken up with that school to handle the punishment in agreement with the school upon which it took place.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #32
Snake

Whochever way you look at it both kids will be mentaly scarred by this for the rst of my life.

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #33
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Quote:
Whochever way you look at it both kids will be mentaly scarred by this for the rst of my life.
The mental scar of being hailed a hero to the weak, and on a GLOBAL stage.

Yeah that kid is scared... the bully maybe.

Casey is going to be a winner in life! You can bet on it.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #34
Blackwidow

Quote:
how so?

Old March 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #35
Blackwidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Being punched in the face can kill you.
My future mother in law is a principle at a jr high school. Two boys that were friends got into some arguement and started fighting. Well one of the boys through a punch at the other boy and hit him pretty hard in the head. The boy stepped back and stopped fighting...fast forward...the two boys were taken into the her office and of course she suspended them both. Later in the night, the boy that got hit in the head fainted, so the parents took him to the hospital. A few hours later he passed away. 12 year old kid that was accidently hit in the head passed away...pretty sad shyt if you ask me...so to your point Racer, I agree 110%...you can definitely kill someone by getting a good punch in the face.

Old March 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #36
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Having been bullied as a kid, I can fully understand Casey's reaction. I was a bit slow to grow into my body, so I was the kid in the "husky" sized clothes throughout middle school. I wasn't bullied horribly on a regular basis, but I was picked on for being a bit chunky, not having nice clothes like the rich kids that went to my school. Stuff like that.

I was always taught to walk away if I got hit once. But I was told if I ever got hit twice, to bust some ass. No one ever bothered to hit me twice. Even being a bit chunky back then, I was as strong as an ox. Once I hit ninth grade I lost any little bit of the "husky" from my middle school years and grew another inch or two. Then I started playing football. One day a few kids who used to pick on me in eighth grade ran into me after school in the halls going to practice. They stopped and looked at me and were acting oddly. After an awkward silence, one of them asked, "What's up?" I replied, "Not much," and went on my way. As they walked away in the opposite direction, I heard one of them ask the "leader", "I thought we were gonna beat his ass man?" "Nah, not worth it he said." Amazing what being a walking tree does for you.

The only thing that concerns me about Casey is the fact he didn't attempt to walk away. He was most definitely provoked, and I feel he was right in his reaction. For all we know, he was picked on by this boy before on any number of occasions. Still, I would have no problem justifying what he did to the bully, if only we knew he had told him to stop hitting him, or he walked away. As it is, being that I work in a school system as an ISS (In-School Suspension) instructor, I tell students all the time to find an adult in the building if they are ever in trouble. So many of those kids are too worried about what others might think if they don't fight. So, while I fully support Casey, and believe the aggressor got off too easily, and Casey got punished too heavily, there is video evidence that doesn't exactly show Casey trying to avoid fighting at all costs. I see him getting hit twice in the face, and then the bully goes into a taunting dance. Casey never once tried to walk away from this.
Xoulrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #37
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Having been bullied as a kid, I can fully understand Casey's reaction. I was a bit slow to grow into my body, so I was the kid in the "husky" sized clothes throughout middle school. I wasn't bullied horribly on a regular basis, but I was picked on for being a bit chunky, not having nice clothes like the rich kids that went to my school. Stuff like that.

I was always taught to walk away if I got hit once. But I was told if I ever got hit twice, to bust some ass. No one ever bothered to hit me twice. Even being a bit chunky back then, I was as strong as an ox. Once I hit ninth grade I lost any little bit of the "husky" from my middle school years and grew another inch or two. Then I started playing football. One day a few kids who used to pick on me in eighth grade ran into me after school in the halls going to practice. They stopped and looked at me and were acting oddly. After an awkward silence, one of them asked, "What's up?" I replied, "Not much," and went on my way. As they walked away in the opposite direction, I heard one of them ask the "leader", "I thought we were gonna beat his ass man?" "Nah, not worth it he said." Amazing what being a walking tree does for you.

The only thing that concerns me about Casey is the fact he didn't attempt to walk away. He was most definitely provoked, and I feel he was right in his reaction. For all we know, he was picked on by this boy before on any number of occasions. Still, I would have no problem justifying what he did to the bully, if only we knew he had told him to stop hitting him, or he walked away. As it is, being that I work in a school system as an ISS (In-School Suspension) instructor, I tell students all the time to find an adult in the building if they are ever in trouble. So many of those kids are too worried about what others might think if they don't fight. So, while I fully support Casey, and believe the aggressor got off too easily, and Casey got punished too heavily, there is video evidence that doesn't exactly show Casey trying to avoid fighting at all costs. I see him getting hit twice in the face, and then the bully goes into a taunting dance. Casey never once tried to walk away from this.
It's not even fathomable to me how you can say you relate to being bullied but you think "walking away" or "telling the other kid to stop hitting you" are actually an option. It's not like you can say "stop hitting me" and he's just gonna go "oh sorry I didn't know it was bothering you" and stop hitting you. And walking away while being attacked is just inviting yourself to be attacked from the rear, knocked down and immediately being put in an even worse position. I find it pretty hard to believe that you've ever actually been bullied if you think these methods have any chance at diffusing a situation. That or you just forgot where you came from...

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #38
Live2ride

I saw this on national news today at work. The reporters were laughing at the situation and mocking both boys...yes, on national television. They brought in an "expert" who said that the kid that was being bullied (Casey) had horrible body language and brought it on him self. That a$$hole "expert" must have never watched the video because the kid stood their and just took the first two punches without even attempting to defend himself. In no way whatsoever did Casey attempt to defend himself or even bring his hands above his waist until the 3rd punch which was only to block it. I have experienced situations like this first hand and the news can kiss my keester. This should have never made national news and should have never been posted on youtube. It's outrageous how an elementary grade school fight can cause a national disruption. I bet you if I made a video of me picking my nose and eating boogers it would be on national news within 12 hours. It's outrageous...ok, rant over

Old March 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #39
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

If the big kid wouldn't have stepped up, the bullying would have kept going on. The little punk needed his ass handed to him and got it. Maybe this is a good lesson for him, one that may save his ass later in life.