Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 20th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Francis
ninjette.org newbie 2,000

Name: Francis

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Got My First Hate Crime (250r)

It was kinda awesome and funny.

On my way to my bike, I notice two grown men admiring my Ninja 250r.

Guy1: Ohhh.. Ninja!
Me: Yea hahaha
Guy1: Is it a 600?
Me: 250.
Guy1: Does it go over 80?
Me: Sometimes.

Anyways, the whole anecdote was pretty amusing imo. I just thought I'd share since most of you guys probably been in similar incidents.

But now it's your turn. Share your stories, guys.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #2
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Lol I get the same story myself.
"Is it fast" sort of, fine for me at least
"Can it do a wheelie" Nope I'm not gonna try, I'm not a friggin stunter
"Oh so you fly through traffic alot huh" Not really no reason to do 90mph on public roads lest you want to feel pain
"Is that a 600" answer no, and then you get silence lol
"Let's race" Why would I race your camry it would lose no need in wasting my time proving a fact of life

Ah sportbikes the things you make people wonder about lol.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #3
ladyrocket
ladyrocket

Name: Megan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

Almost every time I ride I get a compliment on my bike

Most people people ask if its a 600 and one sucker even asked if it was a 1000

I once had a guy argue with me over my OWN bike. He was convinced it was a 600 and I explained it was a 250, I started it up (I have a LOR slip on) and he walked back up and told me he knew I was lying! haha some people!

Another gentleman said he liked my bike, I politely thanked him and he proceded to ask if it goes 200 mph.

Crazy people

Old March 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #4
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrocket View Post

Another gentleman said he liked my bike, I politely thanked him and he proceded to ask if it goes 200 mph.
You should tell them that 250r means it can go 250mph.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #5
tapdiggy
Humble Observer

Name: Truong

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha XT250

I have had a few conversations like that. I haven't met anyone who dissed on my bikes so much as started a one-sided pissing contest like the following:

Guy in truck at Wendy's: hey is that a 600?

Me: No it's a 250.

GITAW: Oh. I got a 600. It's fast. Bet it can go faster through the twisties than yours. *grins proudly, as if he just stated an indisputable fact*

Me: Don't know. *start bike so my Area P drowns him out*

(FYI There are no twisty roads in the state of Maine. Stupid glaciers.)

Old March 21st, 2011, 12:02 AM   #6
Francis

He owns a 600 but can't recognize it? Jesus.

Anyways, I've gotten compliments too. I just thought it was funny. I think they were just teasing and don't actually tried to diss, but like I said, it was still a funny/lame incident.

Old March 21st, 2011, 12:16 AM   #7
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

humans..such sheep they are lol
ungluck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM   #8
thurt88
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CRF250L, 2010 ninja 250r

I get the scooter comments all day at work. Once I was even asked where the pedals were.
thurt88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 03:13 AM   #9
n_aditya
ninjette.org member

Name: Aditya

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (for the weekend's) and the Suzuki Fiero for office commute.

In my country when the Ninja 250R was launched here it cost as much as an entry level hatchback car and still does (liter class bikes such as busa's and R1's are very popular and more expensive, but Kawasaki's are very rare).

Even the locally manufactured 220cc and 500cc bikes (Royal Enfield) were cheaper than the ninjette (and still are).

Most of us used to get the usual comments when we were riding such as:

1. headlight is on (not many know about DRL)

2. 250 cc and costs almost 3.5 million Rupees? (more than double the cost of a locally manufactured premium segment bike)

3. Fuel efficiency? (the ninja delivers around 25-27 kilometers per liter (kmpl) of petrol, we calculate FE as kmpl not per gallon )

But this one takes the cake...

I was riding out on a cool evening and stopped after a bit of riding at a coffee shop on the highway for a coffee and smoke.

The usual questions as above were thrown at me by a group of youngsters (20 somethings) who were seated at an adjacent table. What i overheard had me in splits.

Guy1: I think he was lying about the FE. It wont deliver more than 8kms per liter of petrol

Guy2: Thats the suzuki ninja (this was really funny cos my bike was parked few feet away from my table and was in clear view)

Guy3: Do you know that bike has an air conditioner to keep the rider cool? Thats why its so expensive. He pointed to the radiator on the bike and said its the A/C condenser (cooling unit). I was ROFLMAO !!!
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:30 AM   #10
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
"One of your headlights is out."
"No, only one is on for lowbeams, two for highbeams. Its fine."
"No, one is broken."
Demonstration of high beams.
"Oh, well that is stupid."

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:51 AM   #11
singlecoillover
ninjette.org member

Name: Barak

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja EX250-J Special Edition

Friend: "What kind of bike did you get?"
Me: "A ninja 250"
Friend: "A 250!?!?! I didn't even know they made them that small. I've been on 800cc harleys that didn't have much power."
singlecoillover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 05:06 AM   #12
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

Yeah, I had some guy come up to me in the parking lot the other day who wanted to talk bikes. He asked if it was a 600 and was also surprised that it was a 250.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 06:28 AM   #13
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
"One of your headlights is out."
"No, only one is on for lowbeams, two for highbeams. Its fine."
"No, one is broken."
Demonstration of high beams.
"Oh, well that is stupid."

Oh yeah Floyd. get that all the time. Last week it was a woman in a lexus SUV flagging me down. I had my helmet on and bike running so I just yelled thanks!
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM   #14
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Went riding with a few guys that had 650-900 cruisers, they saw mine, and said thats the 600 right...
Me : No, its the 250
Them: Hope you can keep up
Me: Hope you can.
Them : laughing saying "yeah right"

After cruising with them for about 10 miles, and taking every turn in typical slow cruiser form down a two lane road, i was getting bored, and we were wasting some nice twisties.....it went to four lanes..me and a guy on a ducati in the rear, hopped out of the group into the other lane.....and we were gone.....

After we regrouped up the road, they all were saying, you joker,we knew that was a 600. I literally had to show them the displacement sticker on the side
to prove it was 250.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:00 AM   #15
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Most of the time it's people that don't ride. I have yet to meet a real rider who talked **** about the 250's. Squids and people that don't ride are the ones. I have a guy from work who has crashed 6 bikes and had his m1 taken away who talks mad crap about it not having enough power. This Friday I had enough so in front of a group of people I asked him what his average speed on ACH was and he pulled and obvious bullshit number of 80 mph so I looked at him and said my bike goes well over that and turns better then a 750 looked him in the eye and said so how is power an issue? That was te end of that lol.

Every time I go out riding and run into guys in bigger bikes they have nothing but good things to say about the 250s. So shrug the noobs and squids off.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:02 AM   #16
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

I got in a conversation on a non-bike forum where a guy attacked me for "endangering others on the road" by "trying to ride a 250 bike on the freeway". I mean, he really went off on me like I was going to kill someone, told me to get off the road and stay off. I tried to tell him that my lil' 250 would go fast enough to get me arrested and that I had no problems matching or beating everyone else's speed, but he couldn't hear it.

It was like talking to a bag of hammers.

The sad part was that he was responding to another member's post seeking advice on a first bike, and was recommending a new 600cc bike to the new rider.

I can't help but wonder if there's another dead new rider in the making thanks to this guy.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM   #17
trex
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 250r '08 Candy Plasma (best) Blue

forum discussion

me: for a new rider i suggest the 250
other guy: yea i had one of those but got bored in a week and jumped up to a 600
me: what was the problem
other guy: not enough power
me: did you do anything else but ride in straight lines?
other guy: whatever man 250's are slow

lol
trex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:43 AM   #18
Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Most of the time it's people that don't ride. I have yet to meet a real rider who talked **** about the 250's. Squids and people that don't ride are the ones. I have a guy from work who has crashed 6 bikes and had his m1 taken away who talks mad crap about it not having enough power. This Friday I had enough so in front of a group of people I asked him what his average speed on ACH was and he pulled and obvious bullshit number of 80 mph so I looked at him and said my bike goes well over that and turns better then a 750 looked him in the eye and said so how is power an issue? That was te end of that lol.

Every time I go out riding and run into guys in bigger bikes they have nothing but good things to say about the 250s. So shrug the noobs and squids off.

That's what I figured too. I didn't think they were riders themselves. I've talked to a few people that are riders, and they've always complimented my choice of getting the 250r as a beginner bike.

Hell, a local racer that's an 8-9 time Supersport Champion is deciding to race on a 250 this year.

I just can't wait till Summer is officially here. I've been on the bike since Dec unless it's pissing rain, so I'm kinda looking forward to all kinda talks with people about bikes. It's amazing, there's a lot of riders out there and you just wouldn't think they rode.

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM   #19
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Some idiot in my calc class who rides an R6 makes fun of it. I was talking about the new zx10R. "Yeah and it has 4x the engine yours does" (snicker snicker (idiot))

Took him along with me for a ride in the fall. He thought it was a waste of his time to ride with such a worthless bike. So, I left him in the dust cuz he can't turn and is afraid to lean very far. His response was beating me home (straight roads), and not talking to me for a week.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:55 AM   #20
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Oh and the first month I had the bike, some lady flagged me down and told me I had tubes sticking out the bottom of my bike (breather tube). I told her it was supposed to be that way. But she kept telling me there was something wrong with my bike and I should get it checked out at a shop lol

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM   #21
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

These are funny posts. I get the same thing, looks like the marketing department guy in charge of selling 600's has done a good job in the US. LOL

"hey, that a 600"
no, it's a 250
"really, so it's pretty slow then huh"
is it? tell me about it.
"well I don't know but (insert name/friend/co-worker, etc here) has a 600 and it's fast, has the power you need for the street"
is it? tell me about it.
"oh, well I'm not too sure about the details (then stares funny)"
really, so what kind of bike do you ride
"well I don't ride but..."
have a nice day

Many experienced riders and guys that have been on a track really like the 250 for a beginner or experienced rider.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:23 AM   #22
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by slolane View Post
has a 600 and it's fast, has the power you need for the street"
Funny thing about the street, there's 2 constants: speed limits and traffic. A Ninja 250 can go fast enough on any street to get pulled over and most of the time I get stuck behind some slow car (happens when I'm in my own car as well). So power really isn't an issue. I'm going into my 3rd summer with my 250 and have yet to hit it's limit "on the street".

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM   #23
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR View Post
Funny thing about the street, there's 2 constants: speed limits and traffic. A Ninja 250 can go fast enough on any street to get pulled over and most of the time I get stuck behind some slow car (happens when I'm in my own car as well). So power really isn't an issue. I'm going into my 3rd summer with my 250 and have yet to hit it's limit "on the street".
Exactly, and add road conditions (pot holes, sand, gravel, etc) and police to that mix and forget it.

I have been riding many years and am not interested in pushing the limits of my 250, if I did I would be on the track.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 08:39 AM   #24
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Yeah, there are a lot of these stories out there. You can't explain it to someone who either has no experiance with bikes or is some kind of power mad squid.

My first bike was a '69 Honda CB-350. At the time, it was the second largest displacement bike that Honda sold in the U.S. (the 450 was the largest). It had a claimed 36HP, a 10,500RPM redline, a 5 speed transmission, and it could outrun almost any other bike (and most cars) on the road to 70mph. The current 250R has an almost identical performance envelope as the CB-350 as far as acceleration and top speed, and will out corner and outbrake it by a huge margin (the CB-350 had drum brakes!).

In my opinion, the thrill level offered by a 250R is only slightly lower than that offered by a 600, but the negative aspects of the larger machine quickly eat into that extra thrill. Higher initial cost, insurance, gas, maintenance, and possible legal fees can make the high performance motorcycle an albatross around your neck.

You need to ask yourself why you want to ride a bike in the first place.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:43 AM   #25
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb48 View Post
Possibley the greatest question to ask before getting into the club/sport/hobby/lifestyle. I remember I first got the bug when I was a passenger on a friend's cruiser while in the Army. Didn't do anything about it for years. Then in 2007 I found out that PA drivers could take the MSF course for free in PA and that brought that bug out of hibernation in a major way. I got my permit, got some gear, signed up for the course being done on the Army depot I was working as a civilian at and went from there. I looked online, did my research on starter bikes and quickly came to the conclusion that the ninja 250 was the best option as it met all my requirements for what I wanted in a bike.

Then in 2008 during the 4th of July I went out to Chicago for a friend's wedding (he and his Norwegian wife had gotten married in Norway and were doing a second wedding in the USA for his family that couldn't go to Norway). They had it and the reception at one of his aunt and uncle's place. His uncle had in the garage a Kawasaki Nomad 2000, big ol cruiser with everything weighing a good 800+. Me, his uncle, a friend of theirs that rode a V-Max, and another friend of ours (who had a boyfriend that rode a 750 cruiser) got into talking about bikes.

I told them I was looking to get my first bike and I hadn't road before other then the msf course so I wanted to start small. My friend's uncle said, and I quote, "Yeah you want to start small, something like a 1200-1300."

I looked at him like he was an alien that just grew 4 new heads or something. I proceeded to tell them about the ninja 250 and what it was capable of. And of course all 3 of them kept trying to downtalk the 250. Trying to tell me how it wouldn't be highway capable (countered with it's performance specs), how I wouldn't be able to ride with anyone else because I wouldn't be able to keep up (again countered with how the 250 was king of the twisties and that PA had more twisties then they did). Oh and also that if I did get to ride with others that I'd be stopping for gas way more then them. This was based on the boyfriend's 750 cruiser having to stop for gas all the time. I've looked at the type of bike he had and it has about half the size tank the 250 does and get's lower mpg.

I just stopped arguing with them cause they were completely clueless about the 250. But I followed through, got my 1994 Ninja 250 and have been completely happy with it since. I've logged over 12k miles on it and plan to log in many more. Now that I have a stable good paying job I can afford to go on longer trips then just in the Orlando area with a couple trips to Daytona. Once I do a few more things to it to get it into better shape then when I bought it I plan on going for much longer trips. I love my 250, it's my favorite (and currently only ) mode of transportation.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:04 AM   #26
maxwellca21
ninjette.org member

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250

hey braw, is that a 600?
no, its a 710. later....braw.

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM   #27
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

I had a friend come over for a bbq and he just began riding last year. He has a ducati monster. When the party decided to go check out my car and bike, he commented that the 250 didn't have a lot of power and I told him that I have no problems on the freeway. He then said what I hear a lot "You'll out grow it really fast." To which I said "You don't really out grow a 250, your ego out grows your 250 ." He shut up after that. lol

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:23 AM   #28
speedgsx98
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja 2002, 2008 ZX10-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb48 View Post

In my opinion, the thrill level offered by a 250R is only slightly lower than that offered by a 600, but the negative aspects of the larger machine quickly eat into that extra thrill. Higher initial cost, insurance, gas, maintenance, and possible legal fees can make the high performance motorcycle an albatross around your neck.

Chris
I'll argue that a modern 600 is tons more fun. However, a properly setup 250 ninja iin the corners will hang with any 600 and very possibly go faster with a good rider and sticky tires.

As far as costs...no comparison. My 250 ninja can get 10-15k on a set of touring tires that are $100 for the set. My 2008 ZX-10R got only 3k miles and the tires are much more expensive and are really only confidence inspiring for the first 1500 miles or so. After that, I needed to back off in the corners a bit.

For me, the point of the 250 nija is commuting. So, I think I bought one of the best bikes available. I got a nice tank bag and cargo net, and I get 70mpg going 70mph. It's perfect =)

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:45 AM   #29
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

It's been almost four months since I've been riding the bike daily and the only comments I've gotten is that the bike looks nice and fast. The fact that it's a 250cc is usually the first thing I mention, but they go on about how nice it looks or that it's still very fast. Proof that Pearl White is the new Green this year?

The only negative attention so far would have be a stupid girl in a car following and tailgating the hell out of me. Stopped at a light, I saw her grinning in my side mirror, and I honestly thought she was messing with me driving so closely. At the next stop light, I stopped three-cars length from the car in front of me and turned back at her, and she starts smiling and waving. I stared at her for a moment realizing that the girl thinks I'm flirting with her. I pointed at the foot of space between us and waved her off before taking off. I hope she got it.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM   #30
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post

I just stopped arguing with them cause they were completely clueless about the 250.
It's not cluelessness. Their desire to not learn any new facts outside of their preconceived notions was deliberate. There's a big difference between "don't know" and "don't want to know".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
But I followed through, got my 1994 Ninja 250 and have been completely happy with it since. I've logged over 12k miles on it and plan to log in many more. Now that I have a stable good paying job I can afford to go on longer trips then just in the Orlando area with a couple trips to Daytona. Once I do a few more things to it to get it into better shape then when I bought it I plan on going for much longer trips. I love my 250, it's my favorite (and currently only ) mode of transportation.
Good for you! I still like my '06 and it's coming up on 26k miles. My last long trip was 800+miles, bike handled it like a champ. Even after all this time that bike is still my first choice for a bike.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM   #31
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

I haven't really had any dis me per say but people always ask silly questions. Now that I think about this one older guy with his wife in their car asked how many tickets I had and I said none. At that moment they kinda pissed me off with that question but they pulled off before I could say anymore. Peoples preconceptions just don't die; seems as though it just gets passed on and on.

Seriously though I think the bikes capabilities are fine for any regular use. Its faster that most of the cars on the road and it isn't like you are ever going to really use the bikes full potential on the street with cars, traffic signals, watching for dangerous parts of the road, etc.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM   #32
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Other guy (asking me as I sit outside local coffee shop in full gear): Is that a bullet bike?
Me: No, it's a Ninja 250.
Other guy: Looks at me like I have three eyes then says why do you wear all that gear?
Me: Asphalt does not care if it is a 250 or 1300.

Like others have said, seems that those who practice the art of riding vs. posing get it. I have had lots of complements on my 250 from the non posers (Harley, GXSR, etc., doesn't matter what the bike type is).

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM   #33
Powerlogix
ninjette.org member

Name: Binh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

Friend: Why do you want to modify your bike its only a 250.

Me: Why does it matter if I have a 250?

Friend: It's not worth it might as well save it up for a 600

Me:Wasn't your fist bike a 600 and you crashed it within 6 months?

Friend: Silent**

I didn't have a explanation on why I wanted to mod it other then I just wanted to so I just sucker punch him with what happen to his bike. Made me feel better inside a little bit. LOL
Powerlogix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM   #34
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

It's a 600 right. Been asked that about a dozen times. Most comments are very complimentry tho.
I have 3 bikes in the garage, the 250 a 1100 and a 1300 sport tourer. Guess one is getting the most miles? Yep the 250. Why? Because it is a great commuter that averages just under 60 MPG in city traffic and oil changes are cheap. Pushes out the garage like a bicycle, is easy on tires, brake pads and drive chain. Corners like a dream, has a serious fun factor and is very good looking. The bigger bikes are for the long camping trips and I love them too...but the Ninjette is my hands down favored bike for daily use.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:43 PM   #35
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I like to go right to the psychology at the root of the issue because it's not about reality, it's people (guys mainly) imagining themselves being very, very manly men.

Here's a quote from one of my own responses to another "it's only a 250" thread on another motorcycle forum:

Quote:
Oh great, here we go again, imagining ourselves mixing it up on the nation's highways with squadrons of marauding Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

And while we're indulging in "personal mythology" we might as well imagine a scene inside the Original Poster's local Kawasaki dealership...... "Sorry, Sir. We can't sell you this little 250." "Why? Well, because your penis is simply too enormous. It would be against the law for you to ride such a small bike. I'll have to show you some of our Liter-bikes instead."
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:44 PM   #36
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Lmao
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM   #37
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinorbit View Post
Proof that Pearl White is the new Green this year?
what is this blasphemy?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinorbit View Post
The only negative attention so far would have be a stupid girl in a car following and tailgating the hell out of me. Stopped at a light, I saw her grinning in my side mirror, and I honestly thought she was messing with me driving so closely. At the next stop light, I stopped three-cars length from the car in front of me and turned back at her, and she starts smiling and waving. I stared at her for a moment realizing that the girl thinks I'm flirting with her. I pointed at the foot of space between us and waved her off before taking off. I hope she got it.
hahaha lots of girls who dont ride know nothing about bikes. haha

Old March 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM   #38
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

My supervisor at work yesterday "You totally got that bike just for the cool factor, didn't you?"

I didn't really know what to say to that but found it kind of an ironic statement when placed next to some of the quotes in this thread. Seemed a bit offensive to me though, honestly.

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM   #39
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

"we'll wait for you at the (stop sign, light, station, restaurant, etc....)" on local sport-bike group rides.

LOL South Florida it's all straight :(
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:53 PM   #40
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I get the "blown headlight!" and "is that a 600?" thing all the time but only some punk auto-parts store employee ever dissed it (Autozone or Advanced Auto Part... whichever in is CA).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote