ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 24th, 2015, 07:59 AM   #1
the jelly man
ninjette.org member

Name: stefan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250 blue

Rear swing arm spools?

What are the things called that go by the rear tire for picking the bike up on the stand? I think they are swing arm spools I tried googling it. My friend bought a sv650 and it came with a stand. I was wondering if u can just buy those pieces for my 2012 250 and use the stand he has? Or do they come specific with the stand?
the jelly man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2015, 08:05 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
They are rear spools, swingarm sliders or swingarm spools. You can buy them seperate from the stand.

Click Here to buy now. lol

You can get some cheap ones at Harbor Freight. If you go that route, you will want the 10mm ones. They have a rear stand there as well that is fine for most uses. Get a coupon and save about $30 too. The total was $22 for both my set of spools and stand with the super coupon for %40 off. And I beat the ever livin' sh*t out of mine.

When you get a set, work them in slowly and back it out some when it gets tight. The swingarm has paint in the threads of the spool mount tab. Makes it a pain to install them. And put some blue locktite on them as well.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2015, 08:08 AM   #3
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

I personally like the pitbull spools. I feel better having them on since they are thicker and are made of delrin plastic, which means they won't scratch over time. A little pricier though, but you get what you pay for and these are good quality. $25
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/p...10mm-spool-kit

Old April 24th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #4
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
They are rear spools, swingarm sliders or swingarm spools. You can buy them seperate from the stand.

Click Here to buy now. lol

You can get some cheap ones at Harbor Freight. If you go that route, you will want the 10mm ones. They have a rear stand there as well that is fine for most uses. Get a coupon and save about $30 too. The total was $22 for both my set of spools and stand with the super coupon for %40 off. And I beat the ever livin' sh*t out of mine.

When you get a set, work them in slowly and back it out some when it gets tight. The swingarm has paint in the threads of the spool mount tab. Makes it a pain to install them. And put some blue locktite on them as well.
+1

But for some reason, HF stopped sending me coupons. My buddy is looking for a cheap stand and spools as well. I told him HF. But haven't seen any coupons lately.

But for the install, listen to csmith. Slowly work them in and out. Lots of flakes from the paint on the swingarm threads will fall off.