ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 18th, 2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Race suit and gloves

Looks like my budget just shrunk since i bought some more paintball guns and an xbox 1 so my track budget is a little tighter than expected. Looking for some insight from you gear whores or seasoned guys.

I basically have 800 to spend on a suit and gloves. I got Sidi ST boots and a forcefield chest and spine protector.

Im looking at the alpinestar carver 1 piece suit since its on sale at sbtg for like 635, and i have a 30 credit to revzilla so i was looking at gloves for around 200. I can stretch the funds a little, but revzilla doesnt carry knox handroids, which is really the glove i would like. I fractured my palm when i went down last year, so im looking for some pretty stout gloves. I know everyone says Held is great, and you have A* and Dainese, but i dont have much experience with this stuff. Any help is appreciated.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Check out spartan leathers, you can design your own for 5 big faces. Can't wait to get mine!!! Other options are gently used from CL, WERA classifieds or local.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #3
Bigballsofpaint

Ill look at spartan, but lets say im somewhat picky when it comes to how the suit looks as well. I looked at Lionheart, but they are slightly over my budget for their OTR sizes, A* looks to fit me a little better.

The used market i havent found much, but i havent looked at too many forums. Im size 52 in A*. Ive search ebay and what not, but im not too up with good brands and all that. I dont want a beginner suit, id like this to last me a few years at least. Figure 2 trackdays this year, then it should go up from there from a use standpoint.

Old February 18th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
my last two suits have been used and i paid under 3 for them.

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #5
Bigballsofpaint

How would you rate the A* carver suit though? Starter suit? Mid Suit?

The Knox gloves? Or what other glove (not just brand, the model too) would you recommend for about 200.

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i've never liked alpinestar leathers. even my a* jacket i dont really like. i like a* gloves and boots. and dainese leathers. i don't like the knox gloves i've seen but my friends like them. i liked my kobe leathers but everyone told me they were ugly. i wear a* gp plus gloves and have no issues with them. i like them.

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #7
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Jay:

I HIGHLY recommend a road trip down to Philly if you can. Go visit Revzilla and try on some suits. Glad I did... the suit I was sure I'd like was not the one I bought. They match the web prices at the store and eat the tax for you.

Don't forget to leave room for a back protector and any other armor upgrades you've got in mind. Wear the armor when you try on the suit. Also wear an undersuit (or just long underwear).

See you in a month!

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Bigballsofpaint

i added 2 inches for the chest and back protector, revzilla's price is also a big chunk higher than sbtg. And getting the time to drive down to philly just to try on some suits...dont think that will be happening haha.

Im just mad i missed out, Motorcycle superstore had the suit on deal of the day for 500, but not in my size or the color i wanted.

Old February 21st, 2014, 07:33 AM   #9
Bigballsofpaint

Ordered the Knox Handroids, someone must have returned one because last week they had non left in large on closeout in any color. Yesterday they had one left, so i ordered it. Hopefully its not a mistake on their site, really want those gloves but cant spare the extra 100 for the new model.