akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
BikersPOV Confronts Driver On Phone

Link to original page on YouTube.

Well put dude!

Personally I wouldn't confront a driver while on a motorcycle unless it was completely safe to do so (eg traffic is stationary and I'm safely in-between 2 stopped vehicles). My focus on my bike is to stay safe and enjoy my ride (in that order).

Educating/shaming other drivers, although important (for the reasons @BikersPOV pointed out) is something I restrict myself to doing while on foot or in a cage.

It's hard to do, but I think if you're close to someone who you know doesn't pay attention while driving, it's worth speaking to them. It may save someone's life. Not to mention the effect it would have on most people if they were the one responsible for injuring someone.

Note: I'm not talking about people stopped in traffic, using their phone. I don't think @BikersPOV is either. If your handbrake is on and you're using your phone there is a world of difference between that and the guy in the video who is cruising down a heavily congested street surrounded by bikers, cyclists and pedestrians.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old February 16th, 2015, 08:35 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I made it 34 sec. into the video before I had the feeling.... why hang around someone how is clearly not in it to win it.

I normally like the POV vids, but not this one.

Last futzed with by csmith12; February 17th, 2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
^ agreed, that dude was pissed. Potentially deadly situation, get the hell out of it first thing

Old February 17th, 2015, 01:43 AM   #4
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I made it 34 sec. into the video before I had the feeling.... why hang around someone how is clearly not in it to win it.
Do you mean: it's not a good idea to spend time with people who are loosers or that are of low quality as that will bring down you and your quality? So in this instance: BikersPOV is choosing to spend his time on this guy who is a looser instead of continuing to his destination and focusing on his own actions and focusing on winning (doing well for himself and the people he cares about).

(Just trying to understand your point )

Old February 17th, 2015, 05:07 AM   #5
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

Didn't make it too long into the video either.

Wrong time and place. Your not going to change anyone's mind or habits in the middle of the road. Biker is always at a disadvantage if things go wrong. Handle these types of people away from the bike/vehicle.

(Cams make people think they are bada$$es)

Old February 17th, 2015, 08:22 AM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Do you mean: it's not a good idea to spend time with people who are loosers or that are of low quality as that will bring down you and your quality? So in this instance: BikersPOV is choosing to spend his time on this guy who is a looser instead of continuing to his destination and focusing on his own actions and focusing on winning (doing well for himself and the people he cares about).

(Just trying to understand your point )
Sorry, didn't mean for my comment to make people think of someone being a "loser". Tigerpaw says it pretty clearly where as I did not.

Honestly, I found it kinda hypocritical. He is splitting, yet not paying attention because his focus is derailed by another not paying attention, thus compounding the problem or creating a new problem.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
my opinion: don't try to teach cagers anything while you're on a bike. they will take it the wrong way and do the opposite.

Old February 17th, 2015, 12:05 PM   #8
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Between this one and the next video where he actually does chase down a cager*, I stopped watching his vids.

There is a time and a place to make sure all road users understand their responsibility to keeping everyone safe. On a bike, in the road, and arguing with the other person is not it.

*I got as far as him turning down the street and saying they'll be having a chat before I stopped the video. So not sure the conclusion and don't really care.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote