Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r FI

Red face Took a drive to Lochness yesterday for you guys

Didn't see Nessie though! :P

Link to original page on YouTube.

Jason5885 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Old November 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #2
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

I am sooooooo f-ing jealous right now. Have wanted to go there since I was a wee lad
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninjette

took a *ride*

Very nice!! Thanks for the upload

Old November 9th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #5
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Nice vid. Just curious: do you wear ear plugs? Hearing all that wind noise through your camera reminded me of why I wear mine for any ride where I'm travelling upwards of 50mph.

Also: is your bike really as clean as it looked in that video, or was that just a trick of the camera? I live in a rural area and after a single winter ride my bike is caked in tar, cow sh*t, horse sh*t, sheep sh*t, mud, grime (where does grime come from?!) and pretty much everything else the beautiful outdoors has to offer!

akima is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 9th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
I am sooooooo f-ing jealous right now. Have wanted to go there since I was a wee lad
Such a lovely little spot, the single track that goes around it is amazing too. Unfortunately it was too wet to go on that day whereabouts is la Porte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
took a *ride*

Very nice!! Thanks for the upload
Haha that's what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Nice vid. Just curious: do you wear ear plugs? Hearing all that wind noise through your camera reminded me of why I wear mine for any ride where I'm travelling upwards of 50mph.

Also: is your bike really as clean as it looked in that video, or was that just a trick of the camera? I live in a rural area and after a single winter ride my bike is caked in tar, cow sh*t, horse sh*t, sheep sh*t, mud, grime (where does grime come from?!) and pretty much everything else the beautiful outdoors has to offer!

I do wear earplugs actually, they help me concentrate when the wind is too loud, but I've been weary of using them ever since I pushed one in wayyy too far and scratched the inner ear lol.

No trick of the camera , I wash that thing before and after every ride I go on, I enjoy it! (I'm OCD with it too haha) It was caked in all manner of **** and mud when I got home

Old November 9th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #7
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5885 View Post
Such a lovely little spot, the single track that goes around it is amazing too. Unfortunately it was too wet to go on that day whereabouts is la porte
Its about 30 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico in Texas. I moved here two years ago from Denver, Colorado. I prefer colorado

Old November 9th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #8
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

Super Cool

Old November 9th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #9
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninjette

Earplugs are the way to go!

Old November 9th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #10
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Very nice, an acceptable video to meet the terms of service for continued membership. Though you've set the bar high, furture videos mist be equally as cool.

Careful beeping at sheep, might get a territorial ram mixed in.

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #11
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Its about 30 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico in Texas. I moved here two years ago from Denver, Colorado. I prefer colorado
I'd love to visit America, i've never been before but i dream of driving route 66 at some point in my life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Very nice, an acceptable video to meet the terms of service for continued membership. Though you've set the bar high, furture videos mist be equally as cool.

Careful beeping at sheep, might get a territorial ram mixed in.

lmao that sheep was NOT happy!

Old November 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #12
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
I'd love to visit America, i've never been before but i dream of driving route 66 at some point in my life !
I've been pleasantly surprised at the number of tour companies that offer trips from various points in Europe to the States. One I like following is The Lost Adventure (who have an EagleRider tour of Route 66)

Plus, if you can swing down to London, there is plans of having non-stop flights from London to Reno, NV beginning Dec 2015 which opens up all sorts of fun roads to ride/drive throughout the Sierra Nevada and Northern California. I am so tempted to save up the funds to go to London and visit all my online friends in England, Wales, and Scotland.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #13
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I am so tempted to save up the funds to go to London and visit all my online friends in England, Wales, and Scotland.
I live within comfortable riding distance of London. If you come this way I'd love to meet up for a coffee. There's a famous biker meetup place in London called the Ace Cafe. I haven't actually been yet, but that's a destination.

There's also a really cool cyclist orientated cafe/food-stop you should check out called Look Mum No Hands: http://www.lookmumnohands.com/ The food there is SOOOOooo good. If you're not into cycling, it's still fun to go in and soak up the cyclist sub-culture.

Old November 10th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Nice vid Jason, I dig it! I would love to ride out there one day..... /wishes
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:05 PM   #15
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I've been to the UK and Scotland a few times.

I LOVE driving there. Except for the price of fuel. Americans really should stop whining.

I did a fantastic run from the Bath area up to the borderlands of Scotland - 90 mph in a Fiat Punto, screaming its little Italian lungs out....

Here in the U.S. we're told that the left (right for you in Scotland) lane is for passing, during driver training. That is then immediately forgotten by everyone.

Not so in the UK. You park your slow butt in the passing lane and you DEFINITELY know it's the wrong thing to do.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #16
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
I have been on it a few times. When I was 7 I was taking trip with my mom to california and on the map I saw that we were about to pass area 57 (Just says "restricted area", on the map), so I had her turn down a dirt road. We drove on that until we go to a gate that said military installation TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ON SITE. As we were about to take a picture in front of it two military jeeps came out of nowhere and informed us that we need to immediately get back in our car and turn around. They were pretty nice about it since they could see that we were not there with criminal intent, but needless to say they were pretty adamant about us not taking a picture and leaving very quickly. Was a cool experience I will never forget

Old November 11th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #17
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Here in the U.S. we're told that the left (right for you in Scotland) lane is for passing, during driver training. That is then immediately forgotten by everyone.

Not so in the UK. You park your slow butt in the passing lane and you DEFINITELY know it's the wrong thing to do.
I think the two main causes of that are cruise-control: too lazy to put your foot on the throttle and WAAAaaay~ to lazy to switch back and forth between the slow and the fast lane as and when you need too. The other reason, is people stubbornly deciding that because they are driving at the speed limit in the fast lane, no-one should be overtaking them. Both people can be summed up with this image:

I tend to wait behind them for a while (not tailgating) and if they don't budge I do a calculated undertake, which involves creeping up to them in the slow lane, positioning myself as far away from them as I can and then pinning the throttle... which on a 2fiddy equates to a slow creep past them in full tuck looking like a doofus... a bright green and very noisy doofus

Old November 11th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #18
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Having pounded out nearly 7k of miles this year hauling my bike to the track and back I can speak with some amount of experience on this subject.

Changing lanes every min or so for every sl0w arse driver becomes somewhat just as unsafe and aggravating as just cruising 5-10 over in the fast lane.
Haul a load for 600+ miles each way, the non passing lane is sh*t in some areas. I would rather get my load to it's destination without being beat to death.
Construction sucks, the non passing lane is sometimes in a less than optimum location on the tarmac that is safe for towing due to the seams in the road. Ever run up on a swaying trailer that cant track straight because of seams and uneven pavement?

Overall, I have learned there are "real" legit reasons to be in the passing lane. However, it is better to be going "at pace or better" while there, but.... it's better to go slow in the fast lane than to be stopped on all lanes because you lost your load due to messed up pavement.

ijs....
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #19
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I live within comfortable riding distance of London. If you come this way I'd love to meet up for a coffee. There's a famous biker meetup place in London called the Ace Cafe. I haven't actually been yet, but that's a destination.

There's also a really cool cyclist orientated cafe/food-stop you should check out called Look Mum No Hands: http://www.lookmumnohands.com/ The food there is SOOOOooo good. If you're not into cycling, it's still fun to go in and soak up the cyclist sub-culture.
For sure man, me and my girl are actually planning Europe next year , we'd be staying a night in England before the ferry/euro tunnel, if/when we are near il definatley hit you up. I've only ever been to the centre of London and stayed on Luton for about a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Nice vid Jason, I dig it! I would love to ride out there one day..... /wishes
If ever you do be sure to let me know your in the area! , there's some awesome twisty roads the whole way around the loch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I've been to the UK and Scotland a few times.

I LOVE driving there. Except for the price of fuel. Americans really should stop whining.

I did a fantastic run from the Bath area up to the borderlands of Scotland - 90 mph in a Fiat Punto, screaming its little Italian lungs out....

yeah fuel is not cheap at all. Lucky for us with our high mpg bikes though right

Haha yeah if you go the speed limit in the passing lane your in trouble. I'm quite bad for staying in the passing lane at speed for longer than I should, but they've put up average speed cameras so you can't really do it anymore.

Quote:
I have been on it a few times. When I was 7 I was taking trip with my mom to california and on the map I saw that we were about to pass area 57 (Just says "restricted area", on the map), so I had her turn down a dirt road. We drove on that until we go to a gate that said military installation TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT ON SITE. As we were about to take a picture in front of it two military jeeps came out of nowhere and informed us that we need to immediately get back in our car and turn around. They were pretty nice about it since they could see that we were not there with criminal intent, but needless to say they were pretty adamant about us not taking a picture and leaving very quickly. Was a cool experience I will never forget
UFO? :O haha

Quote:
I think the two main causes of that are cruise-control: too lazy to put your foot on the throttle and WAAAaaay~ to lazy to switch back and forth between the slow and the fast lane as and when you need too. The other reason, is people stubbornly deciding that because they are driving at the speed limit in the fast lane, no-one should be overtaking them. Both people can be summed up with this image:

I tend to wait behind them for a while (not tailgating) and if they don't budge I do a calculated undertake, which involves creeping up to them in the slow lane, positioning myself as far away from them as I can and then pinning the throttle... which on a 2fiddy equates to a slow creep past them in full tuck looking like a doofus... a bright green and very noisy doofus

"which on a 2fiddy equates to a slow creep past them in full tuck looking like a doofus... a bright green and very noisy doofus "

Had a good giggle at this

Old November 12th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #20
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@csmith12: sounds like you have to deal with a lot of **** roads. Over here, it's very rare for a motorway to be in bad condition. There's plenty of poor condition country roads and inner city roads, but our motorways are extremely well maintained. I haven't ridden as far up as Scotland though, so I can't speak for them. I'd be surprised if it was any different up there. So over here: dude in a big/slow vehicle hanging out in the only available pass lane doesn't have any good excuse for it. Except maybe if you're this guy: