ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 20th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #41
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
My daughter got her first ticket last night, 69 in a 55. She was unhappy, especially with me teasing her. hahahahahha
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old November 20th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #42
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
damn, if she dropped her speed 4mph no cop would mess with her. At least around here, Idk how strict they are there.

Old November 20th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #43
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
But Jade is, like, 12 years old.

Man, the laws in Kentucky sure are lax.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #44
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
But Jade is, like, 12 years old.

Man, the laws in Kentucky sure are lax.
You can still marry your first cousin...

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #45
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #46
corksil

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Old November 20th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #47
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

If you're actually serious (I'm doubtful), you're researching the completely wrong things. All speed measuring devices that the police use are already court-approved. Arguing in a single speeding ticket case that LIDAR isn't accurate is going to get you laughed out of court. Actually, there won't be much laughing, but it will be an instant guilty finding.

Research how tickets are actually challenged. (Like the training requirements that the users need to maintain to use that speed measuring equipment, or the periodic certifications on the equipment). That said, in this case it will almost certainly be a pointless exercise; with a 74 in a 45 it will take quite a bit of luck for this to go away. To minimize the impact, the smarter course may be to agree to plead no contest and ask for leniency, and the fines/points might be reduced.

All that said, if you actually ride the way you describe the way you ride on this site, it begs the question why you're not racking these up on a monthly basis. I was beginning to wonder if they had any speed enforcement on the island.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old November 21st, 2014, 01:36 AM   #48
corksil

[Redacted]

Old November 21st, 2014, 07:54 AM   #49
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
You guys crack me up.
Attached Images
File Type: png achievement.stick.it.to.the.man.png (15.2 KB, 83 views)

Old November 21st, 2014, 09:12 AM   #50
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM   #51
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Its part of life. Play they game and sometimes you lose.

I used to have constant problems with police. I changed my lifestyle. I have gone from being on a first name basis with the DAs and judges (in a bad way) to being another mild mannered pion who just wants to conform to the system.

I agree with slow down and enjoy life. Going fast doesnt accomplish anything.

Hence my reckless driving ticket a week ago. I decided to wring the throttle out a little because traffic was exceptionally light. And now I am going to court at on December 23. Court is not optional for this offense I guess. And the police officer indicated that he will be there and pushing for suspension of my license. He wrote quite a story on the ticket too.... wheelies through intersections and the whole nine yards.

I am certainly going to talk to a lawyer.
@corksil
When you go to court just politely explain that

1.)You had a momentary lapse in judgement as you were in a hurry to fix your truck
2.)Your lively hood is dependent on your License
3.)You are very sorry and wont let said lapse in judgement ever occur again because your business and lively hood is far to important to let a distracted mind interfere with.

!! NEVER PLEA GUILTY. When they ask how you plea = answer not guilty. Then tell them you seek reduced charges and thats when you go ahead with the pleading your case. Then they might offer a point reduction, change the violation to a parking ticket.... and the like.

You will not leave there without paying.... so just know that off the bat. But not getting points on your license should be your goal.

Usually I ask to speak with the District attorney in private before court or politely ask to explain the three circumstances above with both the judge and attorney.

Every court runs a little differently depending on many different things.

The best option is to be respectful and likable. Even if the cop shows up and is a complete douche nozzel .... they still want you happily employed so that you can pay their fines
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2014, 09:50 AM   #52
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

I've lost count of the number of times I've been pulled over and gotten speeding tickets/moving violations (in cars, never on the bike).

The reason? Not because of bad roads, or asshole cops, or anything else. It's because I drive fast as hell, and it's illegal.

That's the name of the game. For me it's worth the risk and the inevitable inconvenience and cost. I have no problem dealing with and paying for the occasional ticket. Just part of the cost of doing business.

Life is all about risk/reward. I think the risks associated with driving my cars the way I do are worth the reward, because I sure do love driving fast.

Check out my music at http://www.proteusmusic.com
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2014, 10:08 AM   #53
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I've lost count of the number of times I've been pulled over and gotten speeding tickets/moving violations (in cars, never on the bike).

The reason? Not because of bad roads, or asshole cops, or anything else. It's because I drive fast as hell, and it's illegal.

That's the name of the game. For me it's worth the risk and the inevitable inconvenience and cost. I have no problem dealing with and paying for the occasional ticket. Just part of the cost of doing business.

Life is all about risk/reward. I think the risks associated with driving my cars the way I do are worth the reward, because I sure do love driving fast.
Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. ---
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2014, 10:30 PM   #54
corksil

[Redacted]

Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:34 AM   #55
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If you're actually serious (I'm doubtful), you're researching the completely wrong things. All speed measuring devices that the police use are already court-approved. Arguing in a single speeding ticket case that LIDAR isn't accurate is going to get you laughed out of court. Actually, there won't be much laughing, but it will be an instant guilty finding.

Research how tickets are actually challenged. (Like the training requirements that the users need to maintain to use that speed measuring equipment, or the periodic certifications on the equipment). That said, in this case it will almost certainly be a pointless exercise; with a 74 in a 45 it will take quite a bit of luck for this to go away. To minimize the impact, the smarter course may be to agree to plead no contest and ask for leniency, and the fines/points might be reduced.

All that said, if you actually ride the way you describe the way you ride on this site, it begs the question why you're not racking these up on a monthly basis. I was beginning to wonder if they had any speed enforcement on the island.
This is the main lesson to be learned from this event, Corksil.

The possible fine, the bad cop, the even worse roads, the radar device, all of them point to the same issue: you consistently speed in public roads.

That is a fact that has noting to do it the above, because it is your personal choice.
Whatever the outcome of this situation may be, the general advice is the same: you should do a sustained effort to stop speeding like you do.

You may not hurt anybody but yourself, but you can also kill or hurt others.
Being a marvelous creature, hurting yourself only is still sinful.
In essence, you have been disrespectful of the right that other persons have to share the road safely and of the duty to protect yourself.
You are a smart person and deserve that somebody makes you think rationally.

That abundant energy that induces you to speed up should be directed to more useful and rewarding activities and approaches to riding.
Rather than looking at external bad factors, look deeply inwards and find out how these needs for speed originate, move, operate and manifest inside your brain.

Proficient old riders are so because they have seen problems similar to yours in a different light: as a signal from the environment that it is time for fresh thinking.
For them it has not been just a matter of resolving the immediate issue, but using the problem to reassess the current way of enjoying motorcycling and to innovate.
If you seriously try, problems can open new worlds.

Like it or not, you are a social creature and harmonizing with the ones around you is the only way to live long and happily.
The cop, the radar, the judge are all trying to tell you that your public behavior is perceived as a nuisance and a thread to others sharing the roads.
They are also making clear that they have the power to make your life more difficult than it is in case that you persist on your current attitude.

Improving an auto-destructive pattern is the only intelligent way to go forward and upward from the present point.
It may seem difficult, but I assure you that it is not impossible.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:51 AM   #56
corksil

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

Old November 22nd, 2014, 11:34 AM   #57
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:

Found this interesting in the same vein -- "Osho" on "ego."

Not that it's relevant to riding motorcycles, rather humanity and how their behavior manifests through their perceived sense of self. The original text is unchanged, but someone got all new-age and decided to add their own pictures and ufck with the formatting. The words are all I am trying to share.

Thx hernan. Appreciate your involvement w/my plight.
Very interesting !!!

"Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem.

What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it.

When we talk about understanding, surely it takes place only when the mind listens completely - the mind being your heart, your nerves, your ears- when you give your whole attention to it.

In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

You are welcome
I posted because I wish you well, my friend.
Stop, think, re-adjust the course, live long and well.

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #58
corksil

Speeding ticket -- advice requested.

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #59
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
again?

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #60
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
again?
Unlikely, story sounds the same as previous thread. I feel a merge comin' on.

Good luck brudda!

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #61
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Ah, so he is finally coming clean on the incident.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old November 28th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #62
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
..........Am I wasting my time with this one?

It really rubs me the wrong way to have someone say "you can't do this" -- and then try and punish me for doing it anyways. It's my life, and if I want to kill myself by riding a motorcycle at high speed, that should be my problem. In the event of an accident, the motorcyclist is the one subject to greatest peril.

What gives.
Like any caught fish, you may have a slim chance to get off the hook before being fried.

Consider that the whole system is a set up to catch speeders: the speed signs, the traffic rules, the police officer, the judge.

Now, you have fallen into the trap and they are about to grab some money from you to pay for those salaries, speed signs, patrol car, etc.

Ask yourself: what could I do/say to make that judge change his/her mind (at the very end of the money collection process), release me form the hook and let me escape?

Old November 28th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #63
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
[Redacted]

Last futzed with by MrAtom; December 12th, 2014 at 10:27 PM.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #64
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Got to pay it! Next time don't pull over. Except that will end up worse since you're on an island. Don't do that.

What I recommend is to sell the ninja 250. It's obliviously too powerful for your location. Just get a Grom. It tops out around 55mph.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #65
flitecontrol
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Rebel 250s, Ninja 250s VN750s (currently nine total)

You exceeded the speed limit by a significant amount, you were caught doing it by the police, whose job it is to catch and charge speeders. Man up and pay the fine. Sell the bike if you need money to pay it because it's obvious you don't have a lot of self control when it comes to twisting the throttle.

If you want to beat the next speeding ticket, don't speed and it won't happen. Simple.
flitecontrol is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 28th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #66
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Just pay it.

Old November 28th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #67
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
For every ticket the courts have a program. Call and ask about the traffic program, it does cost about the same as the ticket but removes the points.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #68
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitecontrol View Post
Man up and pay the fine.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #69
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Tell them you thought the limit was 55 and after getting the ticket you noticed that your speedo was reading 5 mph off and you thought you were only going 68. Idk, I doubt that will really work out.. Just tell the judge that you didn't feel like you were going 70. you thought you were only going 60. Maybe emphasize to the judge that you ride a 250 and support safety, and try to tell her that since your engine is so small and quiet it's hard to tell.

Not sure if any of this will work, just thinking of things on top of my head.

Here's a site that may restore some hope to you: http://lifehacker.com/208611/how-to-...r-your-chances

Don't listen to the "man up and pay the fine" BS. Fight this with everything you've got man...

Old November 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #70
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
For every ticket the courts have a program. Call and ask about the traffic program, it does cost about the same as the ticket but removes the points.
That's a good idea too. Hell, even if the program costs more than the ticket, do it. You never want any points... not even 1...

@OP: Stay safe out there man, and try not to speed, I know it's hard. So do what I do, and only speed where you know cops hiding places are so you can slow down right before you get to them

Also. If you ever see a cop hiding, flash your lights at people who will be coming into his path, warn others. It's good karma. I had a guy save my ass the other day and I've saved other's asses too.

Last futzed with by Hero Danny; November 29th, 2014 at 09:06 AM.
Hero Danny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #71
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

I'd say I thought i saw smoke from the volcano and was trying to get away.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #72
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
$219?!?!?!?!

That's dirt cheap!

If you go 30mph above the limit around my neck of the woods, you're looking at easily $500 ticket + court fees + points + other fees.

My buddy was clocked at 80mph on a highway in NYC (Belt Parkway around exit 1...for those who know the area). He ended up spending around $800 total for it with lawyer fees and court fees.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #73
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
$219?!?!?!?!

That's dirt cheap!

If you go 30mph above the limit around my neck of the woods, you're looking at easily $500 ticket + court fees + points + other fees.

My buddy was clocked at 80mph on a highway in NYC (Belt Parkway around exit 1...for those who know the area). He ended up spending around $800 total for it with lawyer fees and court fees.
It's not the price of the speeding ticket... it's the points on your license...

Old November 28th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #74
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Quote:
It really rubs me the wrong way to have someone say "you can't do this" -- and then try and punish me for doing it anyways.
Wait a minute. You're upset that you're facing consequences for doing something you were told not to do? You have nobody to blame but yourself. Take responsibility for your actions and pay the fine.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #75
corksil

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #76
corksil

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #77
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
ah, someone got butt hurt from the truth. Your are your own worst enemy. here is a thought next time keep the ticket to your self.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old November 28th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #78
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
[Redacted]

Last futzed with by MrAtom; December 12th, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #79
corksil

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Old November 29th, 2014, 12:07 AM   #80
corksil

[Redacted]

Last futzed with by corksil; December 12th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.