ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old March 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
a bad day

There are a few other things that happened today that sucked but this one takes the cake. So I rode my ninja to school because my car wouldn't start (electrical problem, I figured it out but missed my first class (turned out to be a exam that I didn't know about) and decided that finishing the repair would take too long and I may as well get to one class in the day) I get to campus to learn that my second class was canceled due to the professor being sick...I head home to go fix my car when I arrive at the edge of campus a road that has two parking lot entrances on it (one on each side at the same place) and I didn't think twice about the nissan altima that was on the left. The driver didn't think once about me though and pulled out in front of me, my first reaction was to swerve right. This was a logical response on my part because it put me farther away from the car as it completed it's left turn. The problem was though that the car wasn't turning left it was going straight into the other parking lot. All I had left to try was braking, but I applied the brakes slightly too early and wasn't fully upright, the front tire maxed out and I ended up on the hood of his car with my bike a few feet behind me.
Somehow I had luck on my side though and got out of it with only some damage to my right knee and right side around the hip is swollen but nothing severe. The student claimed fault and offered to pay the cost of repairs after checking the bike it seems that all it needs is turn signals on the right side (both of them) and a new brake lever as it's bent. It runs just fine and I know that because I rode it the remaining 10 minute ride home
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #2
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
There are a few other things that happened today that sucked but this one takes the cake. So I rode my ninja to school because my car wouldn't start (electrical problem, I figured it out but missed my first class (turned out to be a exam that I didn't know about) and decided that finishing the repair would take too long and I may as well get to one class in the day) I get to campus to learn that my second class was canceled due to the professor being sick...I head home to go fix my car when I arrive at the edge of campus a road that has two parking lot entrances on it (one on each side at the same place) and I didn't think twice about the nissan altima that was on the left. The driver didn't think once about me though and pulled out in front of me, my first reaction was to swerve right. This was a logical response on my part because it put me farther away from the car as it completed it's left turn. The problem was though that the car wasn't turning left it was going straight into the other parking lot. All I had left to try was braking, but I applied the brakes slightly too early and wasn't fully upright, the front tire maxed out and I ended up on the hood of his car with my bike a few feet behind me.
Somehow I had luck on my side though and got out of it with only some damage to my right knee and right side around the hip is swollen but nothing severe. The student claimed fault and offered to pay the cost of repairs after checking the bike it seems that all it needs is turn signals on the right side (both of them) and a new brake lever as it's bent. It runs just fine and I know that because I rode it the remaining 10 minute ride home
Like I always say, misery loves company... Heal quick! Good luck getting your bike fixed up...

Old March 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #3
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Crappy day indeed, hopefully it will turn around.

I was riding around campus last night and put my blinker on to make a right turn and two douchebags coming towards me cut in front of me (they turned left). I can't stand teenage/young drivers...they don't know wtf they're doing and don't pay attention.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Glad the day wasn't worse, Ben !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #5
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Did you get a zero on the test you missed?

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Did you get a zero on the test you missed?
I ended up getting a "all things considered" allowance to take it tomorrow but I do automatically get my grade lowered by 10% on it, but that's nowhere near as bad

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Rotten luck Ben.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #8
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Glad you're ok, but I think you had some pretty good luck on the crash. If all that needs replacing are blinkers and a lever, you got out golden. I'd check to see if the fairings got cracked.

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #9
cookiebug79
n00b with the b00bs

Name: Jen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250, 2008 EX250, 2001 ZR-7S, 2010 ZX-6R

Sorry about your sucky day! Hope it goes better tomorrow!
cookiebug79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #10
kmcdonald5500
ninjette.org member

Name: Kenny

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Ouch sorry to hear about the accident man. Do you go to Towson University? I graduated from there in 2011.
kmcdonald5500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Nope, UMBC for me. the engineering departments are so much better. I just work in towson and lived in towson for the longest time, that should probably be updated to catonsville lol

Old March 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
You should sing a sad song just to turn it around
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #13
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #14
RollTide-LDub
ninjette.org member

Name: Logan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

I encounter situations like this one almost everyday on campus down here. Noone is focused on the roads only on whether there's an open parking space ahead.

Anyways hope you heal quickly man!

Last futzed with by RollTide-LDub; March 9th, 2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
RollTide-LDub is offline   Reply With Quote