ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old November 1st, 2012, 03:05 AM   #1
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Black Friday/Cyber Monday gear deals?

Not quite sure if this is the place for such a thread but im extremely curious.

To all the people that have been riding for years, how good/bad are the black friday/cyber monday deals? Generally ive always taken advantage of those 2 days by getting PC components and movies, this year i plan on buying ALOT of motorcycle stuff and just wanted to know if i should continue saving, wait it out and spend it all then or just get the gear now.

What are you experiences when it came to sales on/around black friday? Any sites i should pay extra attention to? I look at revzilla/STG/MSS pretty much every day.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM   #2
rjones91
Pro Newbie

Name: Shanii

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Honda CBR 250r......2007 Ninja 250R (sold)

Since this is my first year riding I am looking forward to seeing the black Friday deals for bikers. Hope to buy another helmet and a leather jacket. Should be interesting.
rjones91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I haven't been impressed by the deals in a long time.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
january and early febuary is the best time for motorcycle stuff. nobody is buying anything since they spent too much on the holidays, nobody is riding because its snowing most places... prices are low because demand is 6 feet under.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM   #5
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
january and early febuary is the best time for motorcycle stuff. nobody is buying anything since they spent too much on the holidays, nobody is riding because its snowing most places... prices are low because demand is 6 feet under.
Are the deals REALLY worth it during that time though? I'm lookin to buy 2 helmets, 2 back protectors, 1 possibly 2 leather jackets, another pair of gloves and boots and 2pairs of riding pants. Right now im rockin some 5.11 taclight pro pants wich would do absolutely nothing for me in a crash

I probably have the funds to purchase it all now (havent actually added it up, too scared!) I dont think i can wait till jan/feb!
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
Are the deals REALLY worth it during that time though? I'm lookin to buy 2 helmets, 2 back protectors, 1 possibly 2 leather jackets, another pair of gloves and boots and 2pairs of riding pants. Right now im rockin some 5.11 taclight pro pants wich would do absolutely nothing for me in a crash

I probably have the funds to purchase it all now (havent actually added it up, too scared!) I dont think i can wait till jan/feb!
Down boy!
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post

ebay