ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Daniel_Malloy
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Ever Catch a Random Person Sitting on Your Bike?

I was on campus this evening sitting in front of a class I'm as a student mentor for and was about to start teaching when I looked out the window at the back of the room to the parking lot across the street only to see a young lady sitting COMPLETELY on my bike while a guy proceeded to take pictures of her! I was stunned!!! Remembering that the Vice President of the university was right next to me, all I could manage to say was: "Odd. someone's on my bike in the parking lot taking pictures...". I just stood there with the whole class looking out the window watching them snap a few quick photos then disappear into the parking lot...

Has anyone else ever had this happen? If so, how'd you react? If not, now might be a good time to think of this possible scenario. I've had friends before send pictures of them on my bike, but I've never watched someone do it from afar... Let alone strangers...

To be honest, I think I was more worried that they'd steal my spare helmet I had mounted on my bike or that they'd accidentally knock it... Regardless, I'm glad I parked where I know two security cameras can see it .

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I understand that it feels intrusive but, as long as they meant no harm, I'd be flattered.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I'd flip out on whoever was doing it. I'd go up and say "That's a cool bike, is it yours?" then I'd cut off their response with a "No, it isn't so get the hell off of it. If I saw you had a convertible I wouldn't go jump in the driver's seat and have a friend take pics." Then I'd yell at them until they ran off in complete surprise. If they didn't run off and instead stayed and began mouthing off to me then I'd go ahead and allow them to physically touch me so I could mess them up. Just sayin...

If it was a nice girl then I'd go ahead and offer to let her ride 2up with me as long as she's in somewhat decent clothing and I have an extra helmet.

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #4
Live2ride

If someone were standing next to my bike having someone take their picture I wouldn't care but if they were sitting on my bike then I'd be pissed. I just wanted to clarify that.

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #5
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

This is one of the reasons that I'm a big fan of bike covers.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #6
Daniel_Malloy
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

What I find funny as hell is remembering that one guy once said I'd be better off with a go-kart, yet mine is the one getting all the attention . Beat that old 1400cc cruiser dude with am/fm radio!

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #7
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

I came out of a store once with my girlfriend to find some asshole sitting on the hood of my car talking to his buddies. I saw red and started towards him, obviously not ok with where he chose to plant his ass and yelled at him "get the **** off my car right now." In hindsight it probably wasn't the smartest way to approach the situation (being outnumbered), but it was very effective. He quietly apologized and walked away.

I think with the bike I might be a little cooler about it, and explain to them that it might not be in their best interest to be sitting on other people's bikes. Different because there's a lot less harm in sitting on the seat of a bike, than on the hood of a car.

Old October 11th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #8
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Is the person sitting on the bike male or female, and if she is female, how good looking is she? Is she being careful? If I'm honest, the answers to those questions make all the difference for small minded me. I read your title, and I came in ready to be angry. I'D BE PISSED! Then I read it was a girl on the bike, taking photos. And I thought, ooh cool, is she a model? How flattering. If she's being gentle, a good chance to chat her up . . .

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #9
MrEmmortal
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r pearl se

When I take my bike to work I keep it in my back storage room. So one time I go into the back room and find to little kids playing around on it. One sitting right on it like he was driving and the other one doing something on the front of it. I went from zero to pissed in a half a second. But calmly said to get off the bike and get out of back room. F n kids.
MrEmmortal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #10
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

But on the other hand... Regardless of how hot she is, the fact that she's sitting on someone's bike without permission shows a blatant lack of common sense and respect which is almost too big of a turn-off to overcome... Almost.

Old October 11th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #11
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

If you walked out and saw somebody sitting in your car/truck would you be mad? Even if they weren't going through all your stuff or doing any damage?

Doesn't matter if it's a bike or car/truck. It's not theirs, they shouldn't be touching it.

I dare you to go to a bike night and start sitting on people's bikes without their permission. See how fast they make you leave.

I would be very upset if I saw somebody sitting on my bike.

Now, I don't care if they want to sit on the bike and admire it. Just ask permission first. That way I can stand there and grab it if you start doing something stupid or look like you might fall over on it.

I'm a pretty calm and laid back person for the most part. But messing with my vehicles is a good way to piss me off fast.
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #12
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

I got an alarm system on my bike. Its got GPS and the whole 9 yards with a parimeter senser (which I dont use at school or any common parking lot because if people just walk too close, the alarm will sound) to a tilt sensor, which if someone lifts the bike, as in sits on it, they set off the alarm. It gives me peace at mind. I'll get a text saying what sensor has gone off.

I'll be honest like the other guys, if it were a cute girl, I would indeed be pissed and go down and watch, just because she'll be on my baby. But if she looks single, it'd be a great ice breaker Although... I cant see any girl sitting on a bike which has a siren going off.... *Goes and take off siren for the chance of a random girl to sit on the bike*
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #13
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
People have admired my bike, but not sat on it. If someone attempted to pick the bike off its stand then it would set off the disk-lock alarm.

I'd probably be more concerned if I saw a girl sat on my bike than a guy because most girls aren't as physically strong as guys and can't put their feet flat on the floor when sat on a motorcycle. This combination of things combined with inexperience is the perfect formula for bike drop and possibly a broken ankle.

I don't think I'd mind someone sitting on it as long as they didn't damage it. If I saw them doing it, I'd ask them to get off, but I don't think I'd be pissed off.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #14
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Don't have a bike yet but I still feel I'd probably react the same way as my car. I treat other cars like the plague when getting out of my car in a parking lot and try my hardest not to touch them in any way. I feel I wouldn't want someone touching or disturbing my car in any way, so I treat their's the same. The same would probably go for my bike. Keep your hands off if it's not yours.

To me, it all comes down to what others have said...A lack of common sense and a lack of respect for other people's stuff.

I'm also a bit surprised at how many people wouldn't mind a random person sitting on their bike...
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #15
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

The only person who was not a friend or family that sat on my bike was the guy trying to steal it. I walked over and struck up a conversation about how nice the bike was. Guy had the balls to act like he owned it and "lost his key." That put me over the edge, so I put him over the edge and face first into the blacktop. If my coworkers hadn't come out right then I don't know that I'd be a free man right now. Worst part was that the PD couldn't even arrest him becuase he hadn't broken anything or managed to steal it yet. Good thing I took a picture of his driver's license before they showed up.

And this is why you don't want people sitting on your bike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=386PedSaklM
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #16
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

It happened to me... but no harm no foul. that's why bike alarms are made, to scared people who wants to sit on our bikes.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #17
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post

Feel sorry for the owner of that bike she tipped It looks like a nice bike. It went down hard - probably 100s of pounds of damage.

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #18
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I would be livid. I'm currently working on getting a full whiz bang alarm for the RC. It sits a lot more vertical than the Ninja when on the stand and it takes next to nothing to lift it on the stand. Combine that with it's size and it makes for a very tipable bike in the wrong hands.

I try to park with extreme prejudice and if there are tie down spots I use those as well. Hopefully I never have to encounter this...
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #19
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

Name: Dash

Motorcycle(s): stolen :(

Even if it were a hot girl, I would still be a dick about her sitting on my bike. Someone behaving that inconsiderately has made the worst possible first impression. But if she were to offer to make it up to me in some way, I'd be down..
pop0tart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #20
Ninja Assassin
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 two-fiddy (red)

Yeah the truth is you're an inconsiderate ass if you just hop on someone bike like that. Even if you didn't mean any harm. It's just ignorance.

The situation you described wouldn't have me as upset as say you looked up and there were a group of punks just sitting around chilling and one was sitting on it though.
Ninja Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #21
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

mehh I dont care that much, but I still would never sit on another persons bike that I didnt know...

Hasnt anyone seen Sons of Anarchy
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #22
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
I'd flip out on whoever was doing it. I'd go up and say "That's a cool bike, is it yours?" then I'd cut off their response with a "No, it isn't so get the hell off of it. If I saw you had a convertible I wouldn't go jump in the driver's seat and have a friend take pics." Then I'd yell at them until they ran off in complete surprise. If they didn't run off and instead stayed and began mouthing off to me then I'd go ahead and allow them to physically touch me so I could mess them up. Just sayin...

If it was a nice girl then I'd go ahead and offer to let her ride 2up with me as long as she's in somewhat decent clothing and I have an extra helmet.
Lol I agree 100%

I'll punch an old man in public

There was one time at night I was at work late working on a mod for the 250. At my work we have camera set up outside so I can always monitor whats going on. I saw one person on my bike and another one ****ing with it, I was pissed. Grabbed my knife (pocket knife, it was folded up) busted out the door and said "back the **** up" then I realize it was my friends that happened to be in the area lol

Old October 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #23
MotoED
ninjette.org guru

Name: Edd

Motorcycle(s): 2011 SE Pearl/Ebony Ninja 250R

I think I would be pissed off if I ever catch or see someone sitting on my bike! I'm lucky I get to park my bike right infront of the store where I work at. I've seen people just looking at it, no harm in that. Once this lady outside the store was leaning on it!! and her kids were messing around with my bike!!! I had to go outside and tell her, to tell her kids, to not touch the bike and her to please stop leaning on my bike. I find that so disrespectful. That's why I dont even lean or sit on anyone's car.

I know, i'm probably an as*hole for doing that and constantly telling kids to NOT touch the bike. I'm just trying to protect my investment.
[#4]
MotoED is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #24
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoED View Post
I think I would be pissed off if I ever catch or see someone sitting on my bike! I'm lucky I get to park my bike right infront of the store where I work at. I've seen people just looking at it, no harm in that. Once this lady outside the store was leaning on it!! and her kids were messing around with my bike!!! I had to go outside and tell her, to tell her kids, to not touch the bike and her to please stop leaning on my bike. I find that so disrespectful. That's why I dont even lean or sit on anyone's car.

I know, i'm probably an as*hole for doing that and constantly telling kids to NOT touch the bike. I'm just trying to protect my investment.
Your not an asshole. I'd be pissed if someone was leaning against my car too; fortunately they can't knock over my car and cause a bunch of damage, but they could scratch my car with something or be trying to steal it. Either way it's just sooooooo disrespectful to touch someone elses vehicle at all. You can look but don't you touch.

Old October 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #25
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

i'd be pretty annoyed personally, but as long as no harm was done i guess it wouldn't be a huge deal.

it's smart to park in the view of a security camera though. i'd be afraid of putting a bike out all alone in a lot for such a long time. someone might touch it or breathe on it wrong. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post

damnit i would be pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
I'd flip out on whoever was doing it. I'd go up and say "That's a cool bike, is it yours?" .

this is my favorite approach so far
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #26
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoED View Post

Bike's have hot exhaust and engine parts exposed. All it takes is a second of touching one of the pipes and the kids could have severe burns. In today's society they would likely find you liable for the hot exhaust and sue you because they can.
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #27
Lurkable
250Arrrgh!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R, 2001 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
I got an alarm system on my bike. Its got GPS and the whole 9 yards with a parimeter senser (which I dont use at school or any common parking lot because if people just walk too close, the alarm will sound) to a tilt sensor, which if someone lifts the bike, as in sits on it, they set off the alarm. It gives me peace at mind. I'll get a text saying what sensor has gone off.
This sounds neat, more info please.
Lurkable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #28
MotoED
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazakawi View Post
Bike's have hot exhaust and engine parts exposed. All it takes is a second of touching one of the pipes and the kids could have severe burns. In today's society they would likely find you liable for the hot exhaust and sue you because they can.
LOL. Im sure these sue-happy folks would find me liable for even parking it infront of my store. It makes me want to put a "DO NOT TOUCH, HOT PARTS" sign
[#4]

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #29
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
You got to be careful not to make your bike security too... interesting. I remember walking home from secondary school; some guy had parked his car along the route that the majority of students from my school walk by on the way home. He had an alarm installed that played a voice message; something like: "step away from the vehicle". That car must have been punched about 200 times that evening as the kids walked by. They all wanted to hear it!

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #30
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

If i had a motorcycle id crack them upside the head with my helmet. :P

Old October 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #31
rusninja

If its a guy of course :S cant hit the girls. :]

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #32
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
If its a guy of course :S cant hit the girls. :]
Oh Id hit it.

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #33
MotoED
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Oh Id hit it.

[#4]

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #34
Bunker
ninjette.org member

Name: bunker

Motorcycle(s): gold wing 2008

No fat chicks please. bunker
Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #35
rusninja

Really fat chicks getting on a bike is embarresment enough. :P

Old October 11th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #36
sachinzeus
ninjette.org member

Name: sachin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Happens to me all the time.

Very often i find some random person sitting on the bike while his/her friend clicks pictures. Most of the time its very very annoying !

However, every now and then a hot chick sits on my bike, and i swear I can hear the bike say "oh yea...a little bit lower....thats the spot"! Ninjette getting some action
sachinzeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #37
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
No fat chicks please. bunker
put a sticker on it

Old October 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #38
infinitethrill
forever a n00b

Name: Billy

Motorcycle(s): 08 ex250J, 78 GL1000, 01 ex250f, 99 VFR800FI

Ok, story time!

I had crashed 4 days earlier, lowsided taking my first right of the day on cold tires. My overpants were actually in the mail to me at the time, so I got a nice mark on the right side of my hip/ass. Anyway, some craigslist dude was selling an exhaust braket/passenger peg a few towns over. He is a young dude like me who just had extras so anyway we meet at some street corner close to his school. Craigslist dude is nice, we chat up about bikes for a bit... and then dude #2 comes over. He is drunk/drugged/something at least. Asks both of us for some money. We both say no, and the confrontation does not end. Craigslist dude says peace and dashes off down the street and #2 chases him for a bit and disappears. So, I am gearing up, helmet isn't on yet when #2 comes back out of nowhere. He is much more agressive this time, still asking for money he needs it for the bus etc, I'm just annoyed and want to get out of there, until he makes the genius move of walking around and throwing a leg over the bike. He grabs the bars and I yank the keys out of it, while he is bouncing up and down saying where are we going where are we going? He stands it up and immediately tips WAY OVER and I grab it from the front fighting it not to fall. I had my gloves on, the only thing stopping me from punching him in the face (or swinging the broken passenger peg bracket at him) was my still hurting leg. I was limping at the time mostly. I screamed to get the **** off my bike, he does, and then proceeds to put his hand behind his back and say he has a gun. I didn't care, toss on my helmet, start bike, and revved to 13k and sped out of that parking lot. Didn't stop for a few blocks before I properly zipped up jacket and gloves and fastened helmet. Anyway yeah, there is my story :P

Besides that, sometimes I'll catch kids who will rev the throttle when I am walking out from work to the bike, thats chill, just don't **** with it as I said. lol
infinitethrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #39
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

well that sounds sketchy as ****...

bash that mother ****ers head with your helmet...

Old October 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #40
rusninja

why didnt you hit him :P