ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 5th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #1
Cra1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Trail Tech Vapor Odometer

So I've been trying to figure out how to transfer the odometer reading from the stock gauges over to my new Trail Tech Vapor and couldn't find anything on this forum, but I did some Googling and figured it out.

So when you get the Vapor, the odometer starts at 0 and the manual doesn't tell you how to change this, which makes sense because it's illegal to tamper with odometer readings. However, 9.9 times out of 10 anyone who buys a Vapor isn't putting it on a bike with 0 miles on it.

So here's how to change the odometer reading to match the odometer on the stock gauges. Remember: this is only for transferring over the current odometer reading and shouldn't be used to tamper with the mileage and change it to an inaccurate number, because that's illegal!

1. Press all three buttons at the same time for 3 seconds until you enter data settings mode.

2. Press the mode button until you get to the tire size screen. Enter in 9110 for the tire size and then hold down the right button for three seconds (don't worry; your true tire size will still be saved and used).

3. If done correctly, you'll see the 12/24 hr screen. Keep pressing the mode button until you get to the Odometer set screen. From here, you can change the odometer reading.

4. Once set, you can wait for it to automatically exit the data settings mode or keep pressing the mode button until you exit.

To see the odometer reading, press the mode button until you get to the max speed and max RPM screen. Then press the right button, which will show you the odometer.
Cra1g is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old September 7th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #2
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cra1g View Post
So I've been trying to figure out how to transfer the odometer reading from the stock gauges over to my new Trail Tech Vapor and couldn't find anything on this forum, but I did some Googling and figured it out.

So when you get the Vapor, the odometer starts at 0 and the manual doesn't tell you how to change this, which makes sense because it's illegal to tamper with odometer readings. However, 9.9 times out of 10 anyone who buys a Vapor isn't putting it on a bike with 0 miles on it.

So here's how to change the odometer reading to match the odometer on the stock gauges. Remember: this is only for transferring over the current odometer reading and shouldn't be used to tamper with the mileage and change it to an inaccurate number, because that's illegal!

1. Press all three buttons at the same time for 3 seconds until you enter data settings mode.

2. Press the mode button until you get to the tire size screen. Enter in 9110 for the tire size and then hold down the right button for three seconds (don't worry; your true tire size will still be saved and used).

3. If done correctly, you'll see the 12/24 hr screen. Keep pressing the mode button until you get to the Odometer set screen. From here, you can change the odometer reading.

4. Once set, you can wait for it to automatically exit the data settings mode or keep pressing the mode button until you exit.

To see the odometer reading, press the mode button until you get to the max speed and max RPM screen. Then press the right button, which will show you the odometer.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 7th, 2016, 11:28 PM   #3
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

MOTM - Jan '17
geez.. i thought the thumbs up is for "found this post helpful".

What button to click if i want to rate that??

Old September 8th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #4
Singh2jz
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

Wish I knew this before!!! Thanks though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post

Old September 8th, 2016, 07:02 AM   #5
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post

Need more posts! Then you can click the thumbs up. For now, just say thank you!

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 8th, 2016, 07:06 AM   #6
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
To rate the post helpful or unhelpful you need a certain amount of time and posts on forum @Abu_Mishary

Old September 8th, 2016, 07:37 PM   #7
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

MOTM - Jan '17
i need to be a post whore. aahhh.....