ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM   #1
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Name: Sim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Exclamation Wrecked yesterday...so time for new paint.

So I wrecked yesterday, yeah it sucked. Anyway, ended up laying it on the same side (left) that already had a hole punched through it (dumb turn signals).

I like my aftermarket silver color, but instead of going through the hassle of color match for the ONE fairing (and paying just as much as the entire bike being painted), might as well get it ALLLLL repainted! Got a place charging me $400 to paint the entire bike. Need some suggestions though...I want to go with a Gunmetal Silver color. Does anyone have any recommendations on colors/color codes that they've seen done? This is what my bike currently looks like:

SSANGHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Are you OK?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

I'd go for a more titanium or champagne sorta palegoldenrod but metalic with a touch of grey
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM   #4
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Are you OK?
Yeah I'm ok, arm just felt a bit sore this morning. No scratches or anything on me. Got cut off while taking a freeway exit. Fairing is scratched up and cracked (same fairing side that you saw). So picked up a used fairing from Cycle Salvage in Santa Clara today. Few small scratches that can buffed/sanded out.

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Nice! Mostly injury free, you lucky dawg you.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #6
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Nice! Mostly injury free, you lucky dawg you.
I think this was my wake up call to order some new good gear! So I did today...along with some shoguns

Old November 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM   #7
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Glad you're OK, bikes can be fixed. I'd suggest that whatever color you pick try to get it in a metallic paint, looks really nice when the sun hits it.

Old November 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSANGHA View Post
I think this was my wake up call to order some new good gear!......
SSANGHA,

The gear is the last line of defense; the first one are your level of attention and riding skills.

Do you have any experienced friend that could help you improving your riding in traffic?

Have you a track day among your plans?

Not trying to criticize your riding or anything; I know that you care about your bike and riding, but the street traffic is very dangerous and unforgiving: there is no much margin for mistakes out there.

Luckily, you have had two light accidents and have not gotten seriously hurt; however, only three weeks have gone by in between both mishaps.

Please, don't get offended.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM   #9
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
SSANGHA,

The gear is the last line of defense; the first one are your level of attention and riding skills.

Do you have any experienced friend that could help you improving your riding in traffic?

Have you a track day among your plans?

Not trying to criticize your riding or anything; I know that you care about your bike and riding, but the street traffic is very dangerous and unforgiving: there is no much margin for mistakes out there.

Luckily, you have had two light accidents and have not gotten seriously hurt; however, only three weeks have gone by in between both mishaps.

Please, don't get offended.
Lol. I'm not "offended" at your comment, but I am offended at the fact that you're assuming I wrecked twice in 3 weeks...a few weeks ago, my bike was super lowered (I barely had an inch of clearance from the ground, done by the previous owner) it was standing in my driveway. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not modify the bike stand which caused my bike to lean a lot. My driveway is an uneven surface (I live in a very hilly area). My stand was down and the bike had been standing for about 5 minutes or so when I saw it slowly tipping over. I went to grab it and lifted it up (to the stand side, the left side), once it touched back onto the stand, the stand lifted up, there was a lot of weight to the left...I tried holding it up as long as I could and then ended up putting it down super gently. My neighbor helped me lift it up and a hole was punched through my fairing (due to the signal light bending inward).

#2. I wasn't riding through traffic at the time. I was taking the exit and was riding at a relatively low speed. I was attempting to make a left, was cut off and hit the brakes a little too hard. I fell doing -10mph.

As for a track day, I don't have anything planned, but do want to go sometime in the near future.

As for gear goes, it might be the last line of defense, but it sure does matter...just as level of attention & riding skills do

Thanks for your concern though.

Old November 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #10
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Did you panic when you got cut off?

Old November 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM   #11
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Don't repair it. Leave the scars on the bike. You may go down again in the future, and then you'll have to paint the bike AGAIN. How long have you been riding? If it's less than a year you're bound to make more stupid beginner mistakes in the future.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM   #12
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Did you panic when you got cut off?
Didn't really panic, just was kinda surprised. At that point I had no room to maneuver around it. I tried too, but felt like I leaned way to hard all of a sudden

Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:36 AM   #13
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Rotten luck but keep rollin mang, some of my good friends have crashed twice in the same day. lol

Paint?
Black and Yellow
Blue and Purple
Red and Gray
Red, Gray and Yellow
Perl, Gray and a small amount of yellow
Linen, Light Orange and Black
Blue, Gray/Black on White wheels

What gear you upgrading?

Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:41 AM   #14
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Lol. I'm not "offended" at your comment, but I am offended at the fact that you're assuming I wrecked twice in 3 weeks...

As for gear goes, it might be the last line of defense, but it sure does matter...just as level of attention & riding skills do
Sorry for misreading your earlier thread about the previous damage to the bike.....and for assuming things.

You are right, protecting gear is very important; even more if it sets your mind as to never get into a situation that tests it.

Practice emergency stops as frequently as you can, it will greatly help you.

http://www.msgroup.org/articles.aspx?Cat=2

Best !
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:22 AM   #15
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
#2. I wasn't riding through traffic at the time. I was taking the exit and was riding at a relatively low speed. I was attempting to make a left, was cut off and hit the brakes a little too hard. I fell doing -10mph.

1.Glad you aren't hurt.

2.My big mistake was taking up friggin time by hoping the guy that was pulling out in front of me would see me and stop. The lesson for me was respond NOW, hope they end up seeing you later.

3.I'm concerned about gray as a color choice. I recently bought a silver Scorp helmet thinking it would be visible, but my wife tells me it blends right in with the sky when she's following me. Silvers and grays are not good visibility choices. Heck, black is more visible in the daylight. I had two color choices in 2009 for my 650.. .Black or Red... I chose red. So how's about a red or a hi-viz yellow for you? Bold hi-viz colors seem to be in fashion now.

On a side note, in a hi-viz orange vest I look like a nice portly traffic barrel.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:02 AM   #16
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Glad you're ok.

Maybe you borrow from Yves Saint Laurent and choose a color combination from that?

Good luck in the future and have a safe ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Color_Combi.JPG (15.2 KB, 168 views)
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:15 AM   #17
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Roland's man card is now in question..... ijs hahahahaha

Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM   #18
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Glad you're ok Sim. I like the Audi gunmetal colors. There are a few different ones. Try a google search for "gunmetal paint code" you should get a pretty good listing.

Old November 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #19
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Glad you're ok Sim. I like the Audi gunmetal colors. There are a few different ones. Try a google search for "gunmetal paint code" you should get a pretty good listing.
I was thinking about going with the audi color too! I like this one, but am thinking of going 1 shade darker. What do you think it will look like sitting on red rims? Think it'll look better with 1 shade darker and/or more of a metallic finish?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old November 6th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #20
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

This is darker (more black).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old November 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #21
SSANGHA
ninjette.org member

Think I found a winner (to the right)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old November 6th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #22
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That will look great with red wheels! I vote for the Porsche one!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote