ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 7th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #1
double1185
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Yen

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250R 2009

Unhappy Please help!

Hi everyone

Firstly my English is not very good yet I try my best to describe the situation

I got a 09 Ninja made in Thailand with FI, I have the wheels replaced with Pirelli Diablo Rosso ii 120/60/17 front and 150/60/17 back. It was really great during cornering and boost my confidence so much, yet about a week a go when i took a left-U-turn (to change direction) I scratched at about 50 kmh since I have a frame slider everything seem fine to me, no significant scratch on the fairing, but start from then the bike feel very off-balanced, when I ride with no hand, the bike seem to lean to the left, the problem seem to only occur when i ride up to 50kmh, above that, it seem to be much less worse.
I went to 2 different service shops, I had my rear wheel check for pressure, balance, the chain checked for if it too tight or too loose, no problem at all, and the guys at the shops all said that my front forks need to be balanced (i dont know the word but basically they make them straight again) the thing is after they did straightened them, at start it seemed ok but after few hours riding the problem occured and seem worse. In Vietnam where i stay we dont have real professional guy for Ninjas and big bikes (it pretty much all honda, yamaha and most of them are just 150cc under). So after 2 tries with the mechanics here, I guessed they r not good enough and I'm pretty much on my own, so please guide me what could cause this kind of problem and how to fix them. Many thanks
double1185 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2015, 09:39 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Sorry to hear Yen, I hope you are fine after the down.

This is the info you're after. I know it's for the 07 and earlier models but will work just the same for your bike. I am hoping you don't have any fork tubes bent.

Best of luck getting everything straightened out, it's a pretty easy job.

Also, Welcome to Ninjette!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #3
double1185
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Sorry to hear Yen, I hope you are fine after the down.

This is the info you're after. I know it's for the 07 and earlier models but will work just the same for your bike. I am hoping you don't have any fork tubes bent.

Best of luck getting everything straightened out, it's a pretty easy job.

Also, Welcome to Ninjette!
Thank for ur help, I guess I just go with the alignment again, btw, when the mechanic take my front fork, he showed me a thing look like a round disc with small steel ball cover in oil (?), there are a quite long scratch on its surface he said that it may affect the steering, I'm trying to purchase the replacement on ebay but I cant find the exact word for it to search, please help!

Old January 7th, 2015, 10:09 PM   #4
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Look at the pictures, can you find the part your looking for?

]

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2015, 05:11 AM   #5
double1185
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks, i will go to a services mechanic to see what part number it is

Old January 8th, 2015, 05:42 AM   #6
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

You did not say if the front wheel came to rest against a curb or other solid object, it does not take much to bend or misalign the forks or triple tree. One thing to do is check the height of the fork tubes against the triple tree top they should be the same look to see if the handle bars and wheel are aligned. If all this is OK lift the front of the bike and remove the front wheel if there is misalignment it will be difficult to reinsert the front axle.
Good luck Steve