Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:08 PM   #1
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
NYC bike crackdown

Visited friends and family over the weekend in NYC. Got stopped 5 times!

Total miles ridden while in NYC during the weekend was approx 30 miles (most of which were in Brooklyn and Queens).

3x from patrol car.
1x from motorcycle officer
1x officer walked over during a red light and waved me to pull over.

All 5x in Manhattan.

Asked for license, registration and insurance. After taking a 10 second look at the paperwork their reply was "have a good day". It was literally a 30 second stop each time.

I did get to ask why they stopped me. They were told to stop all motorcycles and scooters to check for license and registration.

I guess it's the new Mayor's orders?

I wanted to get into the probable cause argument. But didn't want to be the squeaky wheel that gets detained for an hour.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:13 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
I did get to ask why they stopped me. They were told to stop all motorcycles and scooters to check for license and registration.

this is federally illegal and against the constitution. next time you get stopped like that, request that the officer begin recording the conversation, then while he is recording ask him what his reason was for stopping you, then when he says that inform him that he just committed a felony. ask to see his supervisor then tell the supervisor that if he doesn't cite the officer for breaking federal law you will be taking the department to court. once you get home file a FOIA request for the video, submit the video to local news agencies, and send the video to ACLU

don't stand for people violating your consitutional rights willy nilly.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:30 PM   #3
supersport
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

That bike gang incident with the guy getting beat infront of his wife and infant made NYC "bike hate central".

Not everyone on that ride was bad but the mob mentality definitely got the best of them and now all riders get the shaft.
supersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM   #4
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
I was going to comment about showing papers like Nazi Germany...decided not to. Rather not be detained and be "free to go". I lived in NYC most of my life.

I have about 5,000 miles of commuting by bicycle in NYC. There are times when they do this as well (usually a period of a week). They cite people without reflectors and bells. Yes, nyc law requires you to have a bell on your bike. Then they forget bicycles even exists until they decide to do it again.

It's no longer my fight. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with this day in & day out anymore.

But back to motorcycles....I'm sure they'll easily come up with probable cause if they have to.

And I do have all 5 stops on my helmet cam. Yes, they were breaking the law. Thugs with badges I guess. But they were all polite. And I do feel for them. Just taking orders from their superiors even though they probably know what they're doing is illegal.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
And I do have all 5 stops on my helmet cam. Yes, they were breaking the law. Thugs with badges I guess. But they were all polite. And I do feel for them. Just taking orders from their superiors even though they probably know what they're doing is illegal.

when you do illegal things simply because your superior tells you to so you can fill a quota ur a piece of ****...which is what these cops are.

It was a 1 on 1 conversation and you did everything they had asked. Dont hesitate to ask questions.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:54 PM   #6
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
this is federally illegal and against the constitution. next time you get stopped like that, request that the officer begin recording the conversation, then while he is recording ask him what his reason was for stopping you, then when he says that inform him that he just committed a felony. ask to see his supervisor then tell the supervisor that if he doesn't cite the officer for breaking federal law you will be taking the department to court. once you get home file a FOIA request for the video, submit the video to local news agencies, and send the video to ACLU

don't stand for people violating your consitutional rights willy nilly.
You'll be sending the video after you've been beat up and thrown in jail for resisting arrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersport View Post
That bike gang incident with the guy getting beat infront of his wife and infant made NYC "bike hate central".

Not everyone on that ride was bad, JUST THE UNDERCOVER COP, but the mob mentality definitely got the best of them and now all riders get the shaft.
For not stopping the beating while he was present.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:54 PM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
It's no longer my fight. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with this day in & day out.
I feel for ya, but this is not a good outlook to have. So next time you visit family & friends in NYC, are you going to take the cage or plan for time for the police to stop you?

Be a trendsetter, send the video to the offending police departments and let them know that once is "sort of" ok but not really. But 5 times in a single day crosses the line. Also, let them know the next time you send out the videos, it will be to the media. They love that juicy stuff anyway.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:08 PM   #8
accumack
ninjette.org member

Name: jim

Motorcycle(s): honda crf230l & 2013 ninja 300se wife has Honda crf230l & honda cbr250r repsol

You can thank people like this in another thread on this forum for the attitudes.
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183286
Cager's
Quote "So a good friend came over SAT. night for a few drinks, and we made a plan to take a "lunch" ride on Sun.. Get up Sun., decide to ride my ZRX1200R kwacker, so I pull it out and wash and polish it......lookin' great. Go upstairs to change, have a text from my bud......too hung over to ride.....????? We didn't drink THAT much. I was disapointed, but decided to go by myself. Probably was a good thing, as I had watched the AWSOME MotoGP race that morning, and I kind of had a wild hair attitude. So, off I go, and man, that ZRX felt so
good. I decide to go on a 115 mile loop I haven't ridden for a while, but most of the route is 2 lane country roads. So I'm running maybe 70, down a deserted country road (lettered here in MO.), take a casual look in the mirrors, and there right on my butt, is a black GT mustang. I speed up 15 mph, so does the Mustang. On the Ninjette, I would of slowed down until he passed, but the ZRX beg's a different response. I open the throttle and take off, quickly get to 120mph, and he's waaay back there, but trying to catch me, So I just keep up the speed, and keep accelerating up to and past 135mph. Soon he is so far back I can't see him. Sometimes extended high speeds make it hard for me to stop twisting the throttle, so for the rest of the ride I was in pure hooligan mood. Amazing how many cars will TRY to keep up when your blasting down the road. Not one ever does, at least when I'm riding the ZRX, cause me and my throttle hand won't allow it. Got home in record time, didn't see 1 POPO, and had a blast. Was much refreshed, and then watched the IOM TT. All in all, a great day, and a very fun, hair up my Butt ride. I LOVE massive torque (93 ft lbs, dyno tested) and HP (141.00BHP). Yehaw!"
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:18 PM   #9
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Definitely illegal, learn the laws and ask questions. Being a sheep is why this totalitarian behavior is allowed to continue.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:38 PM   #10
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
You can thank people like this in another thread on this forum for the attitudes.
"
You're stepping over the crybaby line. California is right for you. As a former Texan I banish you from Texas forever.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:44 PM   #11
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
You'll be sending the video after you've been beat up and thrown in jail for resisting arrest.
yes- getting a beating or dealing with court fees sucks. but allowing your country to turn into a travesty that goes against the platform that the entire nation was founded on (independence, anti-colonial, anti-corruption) is a bigger crime in my mind. not fighting for your freedom or for your country's freedom from tyranny from those around and above you is nearly the same as accepting it willfully.
it is our inaction in the public eye that determines what our governing officials see as acceptable or unacceptable.
if you believe it is acceptable for our country to turn into nazi germany than by all means, willfully abide by government employees openly breaking the laws of the federal government that were put in place to protect you as a citizen.
if you don't think we should allow the people who are supposed to be protecting us to stop us for no reason purely as a means to intimidate a group of people, then maybe you should publicly oppose this type of lawless tyranny.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:00 PM   #12
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
yes- getting a beating or dealing with court fees sucks. but allowing your country to turn into a travesty that goes against the platform that the entire nation was founded on (independence, anti-colonial, anti-corruption) is a bigger crime in my mind. not fighting for your freedom or for your country's freedom from tyranny from those around and above you is nearly the same as accepting it willfully.
it is our inaction in the public eye that determines what our governing officials see as acceptable or unacceptable.
if you believe it is acceptable for our country to turn into nazi germany than by all means, willfully abide by government employees openly breaking the laws of the federal government that were put in place to protect you as a citizen.
if you don't think we should allow the people who are supposed to be protecting us to stop us for no reason purely as a means to intimidate a group of people, then maybe you should publicly oppose this type of lawless tyranny.
While I agree with your ideas I don't think starting a fight cops is the way to protest. I do like the legal means to an end. ACLU and AMA loves these fights. However; our entire government runs on the principle of "us and them".

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:02 PM   #13
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Do you guys think I should anonymously send the videos to the NYPD? This happened to me in the span of two days (Sat & Sun). Set up a VPN and send it at a public library with a newly created Gmail/youtube acct?

But in all honesty, there were D-bags popping wheelies down 2nd Ave the weekend before. At least 50 of them. None of those guys got stopped.

The police knows it's 20x more work to chase one of those guys down vs grabbing a Chinese delivery guy on a 125cc moped.

I bet they had quotas to meet for motorbikes.

And I don't blame them for going after easy prey. Just the innate laziness of human beings. Those hoodlums popping wheelies aren't easy to catch as they have no issues riding up sidewalks. May be a greater threat to the public if they chase after them.

Or should I send the vids to the media (Help me Howard)?

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:05 PM   #14
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
You may have encountered an increase in "security" also due to the motorcyclists heading north to the other side of the state for Americade this week.

AMA has a page on fighting the motorcycle only checkpoints and offers tips for complaining about anything you encounter. https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/NY

I know you didn't encounter a checkpoint, but if NYC decided to step up checking bikes by stopping riders with zero cause, then I'd say hold onto that video like it was gold and get in touch with someone either at the police station or higher up to complain.

This time it was just 50 second taken from your ride, let it go and you may find longer delays, restricted areas, or out right bans on bikes within the city. It may not be your fight, but it affects you if you ride there.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:06 PM   #15
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:

dont enable the behavior.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:27 PM   #16
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
While I agree with your ideas I don't think starting a fight cops is the way to protest. I do like the legal means to an end. ACLU and AMA loves these fights. However; our entire government runs on the principle of "us and them".
i don't think you should start a fight with a cop.

asking questions doesn't break any laws (well most of the time) asking the question "why have you stopped me" is not against the law. yes an officer is allowed to request to see your license but he is not allowed to stop you with no reason just to check your license. therefore he needs to provide the reason he stopped you before it is a valid stop. he may request your license and when he does you have to provide him the info. however after he hands you your license back and says have a good day, stop him from leaving. demand to speak with his supervisor. you will waste your time and his and his supervisors time but guess what. that is the only way to fight this kind of thing. the officer just broke the federal law and you want charges pressed against him for an unlawful stop. if he refuses to let you speak to his supervisor that is actually a few other laws he is breaking and should be brought to the ACLU.

not fighting tyranny means you are accepting it.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM   #17
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Do you guys think I should anonymously send the videos to the NYPD? This happened to me in the span of two days (Sat & Sun). Set up a VPN and send it at a public library with a newly created Gmail/youtube acct?
Yes, stay as anonymous as possible for as long as possible and upload it somewhere on the web. Once it's on the web, it can never be taken off the web.

Quote:
And I don't blame them for going after easy prey.
This is also not really good outlook.

Also, part of doing the right thing (sometimes really hard) is allowing others the chance to be accountable while not in the spotlight. If you send it straight to a media outlet, the offending po po's will be automatically put in a defensive stance and it will be handled accordingly. If you choose to pursue this any further, get a plan and stick to the plan.

Maybe something will happen, maybe not... Maybe others will follow your lead, maybe not... Either way, it's documented & your voice will be heard.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:04 AM   #18
Trubin
Easy Rider

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 250R

This reminds of last Friday, I was working in the Bronx checking the damage after a fire from a week before. As I parked my bike a black car pulls up and 2 dudes start asking me questions. "What are you doing here? Who are you with? Where you supposed to be?" in a very rude tone. I asked if he was a cop? After he showed me a badge, I felt relieved. I said "No questions, officer." He came out of the car and started busting my balls. Pointed to my license plate being bent on my bike, said hell give me a ticket for it if I don't cooperate. I had enough of his bs I told him I'm a architect, here to inspect the fire damage, he didn't believe me I showed him my business card and finally the super came out of the building that he knew. Officer tryed to give me some bs on the difference between racial profiling and criminal profiling, and how he is doing police work by harassing me, meanwhile I'm the only white guy for miles.

Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:25 AM   #19
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

I'm thinking of getting a helmet cam for exactly this reason. I'm not going to get into an argument with a cop on the side of the road, but if I get hassled by the cops, I want some video evidence.

Old June 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #20
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

In New York it's legal to pull people over that ride bikes for no reason other than they are riding a bike.

Not saying I agree with it but if you go all perry mason on a cop he's going to make your day difficult.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #21
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
In New York it's legal to pull people over that ride bikes for no reason other than they are riding a bike.

Not saying I agree with it but if you go all perry mason on a cop he's going to make your day difficult.
legal? or common practice? because there is a massive difference.

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #22
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Definitely not legal. I think in all 50 states, you need probably cause to pull someone over. Would a fender eliminator kit be considered "probable cause" in NYC for a stop?

Here in NJ, there's this pretty retarded law. I feel like this law was passed to give police officers probable cause to stop 99% of the riding public: You need to wear a helmet with FOUR SQUARE INCHES of reflective tape on each side.

So....a cop sees a bike. Wants to stop him. Rider argues about probable cause. Pisses off the cop. Cop writes a $100 citation for no reflective tape.

I'm sure there's a loop hole in the NYC system that will almost automatically give probable cause to officers to stop almost anyone riding as well. That's why I wasn't arguing.

My solution to the 4 square inches law in NJ you ask?
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...3&postcount=25
and
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...4&postcount=26

But if I get stopped in NJ, I'm not going to argue either. He does have probable cause. He wasn't able to see the reflective tape during daylight hours.

EDIT: Here's your probable cause for NY.

He can easily say, your bike sounded really loud as I was following behind.
"Maximum Allowable A-Weighted Sound Levels at Speed: 35 mph or less, 82 dB(A); over 35 mph, 86 dB(A), measured at, or adjusted to, a distance of fifty feet from the center of the lane in which the motorcycle is traveling. Ref: NYS Vehicle & Traffic Law, Article 10, Section 386."

Oh, you have an aftermarket exhaust? I want to check if the baffle was removed.
Muffler required; no straight pipes; no removal of baffles; no modification of exhaust system that increases noise beyond exhaust system originally installed. Ref: NYS Vehicle & Traffic Law, Article 9, Section 381

Old June 4th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #23
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
They were doing this last summer as well:

http://youtu.be/Ox1wchrc6Ww
and
http://youtu.be/KiT6KtIk3PM

But to be fair, there are riders out there that give us all a bad image.
http://youtu.be/Z-OZAZ_OAP4

http://youtu.be/G_6hAorRKUw

http://youtu.be/kUEXftRlgr4

http://youtu.be/sJODDWfwSx8

http://youtu.be/inXkYaSamz0

http://youtu.be/hJ-1T_3ph2s

Old June 5th, 2014, 04:59 AM   #24
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

From Bikers of America Blospot;

Know Your Rights When Dealing With Police Officers
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #25
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
But to be fair, there are riders out there that give us all a bad image.
This right here is why I may come across as an A$$hole to many newer riders or irresponsible riders.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #26
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

3x from patrol car.
1x from motorcycle officer
1x officer walked over during a red light and waved me to pull over.

Personally...I havent been stopped that much in like 45 years unless i was doing something. Not suggesting you were. If you're a person of color...welcome to the City.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 06:58 AM   #27
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Good read. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
Personally...I havent been stopped that much in like 45 years unless i was doing something. Not suggesting you were. If you're a person of color...welcome to the City.
I was in full gear (full face helmet, textile jacket, mesh riding pants, riding boots, gloves). I had no skin exposed. It was in the 80s. Everyone riding was wearing minimal gear.

I was traveling at a slow pace, traffic light to traffic light. I don't think I did anything unusual. No swerving. No filtering. No aggressive riding. Perhaps it's my NJ plates?

Old June 5th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #28
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

There....right there....that proves you were guilty as charged.
Dork in the first degree.
Ride fast, on the sidewalk, take the friggin pipe off, the helmet, do wheelies and stoppies and give them your cousins name....nobody will even notice you.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #29
fishdip

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183286
Cager's
Quote "So a good friend came over SAT. night for a few drinks, and we made a plan to take a "lunch" ride on Sun.. Get up Sun., decide to ride my ZRX1200R kwacker, so I pull it out and wash and polish it......lookin' great. Go upstairs to change, have a text from my bud......too hung over to ride.....????? We didn't drink THAT much. I was disapointed, but decided to go by myself. Probably was a good thing, as I had watched the AWSOME MotoGP race that morning, and I kind of had a wild hair attitude. So, off I go, and man, that ZRX felt so
good. I decide to go on a 115 mile loop I haven't ridden for a while, but most of the route is 2 lane country roads. So I'm running maybe 70, down a deserted country road (lettered here in MO.), take a casual look in the mirrors, and there right on my butt, is a black GT mustang. I speed up 15 mph, so does the Mustang. On the Ninjette, I would of slowed down until he passed, but the ZRX beg's a different response. I open the throttle and take off, quickly get to 120mph, and he's waaay back there, but trying to catch me, So I just keep up the speed, and keep accelerating up to and past 135mph. Soon he is so far back I can't see him. Sometimes extended high speeds make it hard for me to stop twisting the throttle, so for the rest of the ride I was in pure hooligan mood. Amazing how many cars will TRY to keep up when your blasting down the road. Not one ever does, at least when I'm riding the ZRX, cause me and my throttle hand won't allow it. Got home in record time, didn't see 1 POPO, and had a blast. Was much refreshed, and then watched the IOM TT. All in all, a great day, and a very fun, hair up my Butt ride. I LOVE massive torque (93 ft lbs, dyno tested) and HP (141.00BHP). Yehaw!"
Stop your dam crying ppl drive just as fast and just as stupid in cars trucks and suv.

Old June 5th, 2014, 07:38 AM   #30
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Make sure you edit to say that this is NSFW. You may not have noticed if you read and didnt look at the pics, but there is a topless chick in one of them.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #31
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
Stop your dam crying ppl drive just as fast and just as stupid in cars trucks and suv.
It's much easier for a bad rider to incriminate us all than a bad driver incriminating all drivers. Don't pretend that there isn't a difference. Even so, there are people who resent SUV drivers, people who resent women drivers, people who resent sports and muscle car drivers, etc, so why give any reason or justification to resent us? Because you want to speed and act like that without criticism? That's selfish and irresponsible. Bad drivers were never an excuse for any other cage driver to drive irresponsibly or to ignore such driving, so why is it an excuse for us to ignore it around riders?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #32
fishdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
It's much easier for a bad rider to incriminate us all than a bad driver incriminating all drivers. Don't pretend that there isn't a difference. Even so, there are people who resent SUV drivers, people who resent women drivers, people who resent sports and muscle car drivers, etc, so why give any reason or justification to resent us? Because you want to speed and act like that without criticism? That's selfish and irresponsible. Bad drivers were never an excuse for any other cage driver to drive irresponsibly or to ignore such driving, so why is it an excuse for us to ignore it around riders?
because it my life, his life, Or your life, If you hate speeders you may as well hate gays. Or women who do other stuff out side a kitchen. Or owning guns. Or letting women vote. Every one is way to concerned about what others do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJixs2FoZ_Y

Old June 5th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #33
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
What a poor excuse. They can threaten my life and your life and others' lives just because it's their life? It's not at all the same thing as legally carrying a firearm for protection (defense), utility (hunting), sport (target shooting), or assertion of rights (prevention of tyranny).

I hate people who infringe on my right to pursue life, liberty, and property because that has always been where their rights to life, liberty, and property END.

I agree that people are far too often concerned about what others do to the point where their rights may be violated, but this is not an example of that. There is no right to speed or to do so without criticism.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 9th, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Old June 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #34
fishdip

Quote:
What a poor excuse. They can threaten my life and your life and others' lives just because it's their life? It's not at all the same thing as legally carrying a firearm for protection (defense), utility (hunting), sport (target shooting), or assertion of rights (prevention of tyranny).

I hate people who infringe on my right to pursue life, liberty, and property because that has always been where their rights to life, liberty, and property END.

I agree that people are far too often concerned about what others do to the point where their rights may be violated, but this is not an example of that. There is no right to speed or to do so without criticism.
It was not speeding. sure he was not following some made up law. Look at the autobahn It must kill millions of ppl every year. Any law ever made is because some one wants to control what others do because it "CAN HURT SOME ONE" Look at isle of man TT closed cores racing but was banned.

Old June 5th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #35
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #36
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
It was not speeding. sure he was not following some made up law. Look at the autobahn It must kill millions of ppl every year. Any law ever made is because some one wants to control what others do because it "CAN HURT SOME ONE" Look at isle of man TT closed cores racing but was banned.
I'm sorry. I didn't know you were an Anarchist promoting the tenets of a lawless society. That's an entirely different conversation.

The road is *ours* and not any one person's to do with as he/she pleases, so it *is* speeding. Your "not speeding" logic only applies if you build your own track to go as fast as you want.

Old June 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #37
fishdip

Quote:
I'm sorry. I didn't know you were an Anarchist. That's an entirely different conversation.
Nope I am not. I don't want to see the world burn or the government over thrown. But I also don't want to be told I need to have a helmet on. A seat belt on. Or a ban on 60oz soda drinks. If you want to be fat, gay, brain dead pot smoking prostitute then good for you its your life if some one sleeps with you and gets aids and it kills them well then they should have not done it. If a pot head brakes in to your home the have a gun to kill him. If you die in a drunk driving crash then then you may have wanted to get that big f450 diesel with steel bumpers and not that little smart car. I think its up to every single person to protect them self and love ones not the government. Also we need government or how is the roads going to be built for us to do the
250mph speed run's

Old June 5th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #38
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
You don't seem to know what Anarchy really is. It is simple lawlessness. You argued against "every" law. Understand now?

Read my edit in my post above.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 9th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Old June 5th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #39
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
Make sure you edit to say that this is NSFW. You may not have noticed if you read and didnt look at the pics, but there is a topless chick in one of them.

Blabbermouth....
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #40
fishdip

Quote:
You don't seem to know what Anarchy really is. It is simple lawlessness. You argued against "every" law. Understand now?

Read my edit in my post above.
Are you sure?

an·ar·chy

/ˈanərkē/

noun

noun: anarchy

a state of disorder due to absence or no recognition of authority.
"he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"