ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old June 17th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Poor kitty. :(

Poor kitty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg tapatalk_1403024846696.jpeg (44.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg tapatalk_1403024849124.jpeg (31.2 KB, 4 views)
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #2
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I thought I was the only one who beats my cat.

Old June 17th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Poor thing!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
I thought I was the only one who beats my cat.
You might be. My brother sat on this one.

It's his cat but I drove two hours away this morning to drop him off for surgery and was hours late for work as a result. The options were $800+ for amputation or $1,200+ for pin and plate, but neither includes the $300+ for yesterday's X-rays, pain meds, and wrapping the leg.

Old June 17th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #5
Snake

how long has the cat been a member of the family?

Old June 17th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
how long has the cat been a member of the family?
Well, he's only lived with us as a pet for less than a year but we have a much longer history. Many years ago I knew him as "the most feral cat I have ever seen" and never would have imagined that he'd end up someone's loving pet. Now he's one of the sweetest and most friendly cats. It's like a light switch flipped inside once he was safe and secure instead of huddling under the most recently parked car in sub-zero temperatures or fighting the other cats for food.

I tried to help him many times over the years but nothing could get him to trust people, not even food. He would run away and never even consider checking the food later unless he happened to see another stray eating it the next day or something. If you happened to get close enough you'd see that he was always oozing or bleeding and making disgusting sputtering noises when he breathed. The neighbors had several "names" for him, like Fat Head, Tough Kitty, Smelly Cat, Wild Thing, etc, but we called him Rooster after Rooster Cogburn from True Grit.

Finally, a crazy cat lady neighbor finally trapped him last year and spent hundreds getting him fixed up. He can't stay with her cats due to aggression and he is FIV+ (of course) so he joined our family instead. It's still weird seeing the same cat which could never be coaxed or comforted enough to even stay within sight of you now welcomes you home with purring and affectionate vocalizing then starts kneeding his paws on you the moment you sit down. Night and day difference.

The FIV resulted in a persistent ENT/eye infection that the vet stopped trying to treat since symptoms always return as soon as he's off the antibiotics. I'm hoping this doesn't affect his prognosis for recovery/surgery too much.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 17th, 2014 at 01:29 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

How it happened:
The cat normally "gargoyles" from the top of the loft or hangs out in the closet when you don't see him around. For almost a year we thought he simply does not hide or go under covers for any reason... until the neighbor showed up to take him to the vet a second time and we found him hiding under the covers. It was a behavioral anomaly as far as we knew.

My brother was taking a shower and not answering his phone when some unexpected guests showed up outside. They started throwing rocks at his window to get his attention, which must've spooked the cat. Still not expecting Rooster to hide, he assumed the cat was where he'd always be when you didn't see him. He was in a rush to get dressed and let them in, so I think he fell back on the bed to put his shoes on or something when he accidentally sat right on the cat.

Now we know two things that will make him hide.

Old June 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Tl;DR: Sat on cat.

(hope the kitty heals up soon!)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #9
Snake

Sounds like a vert tough kitty. I think he's got what it takes to pull through.

Old June 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #10
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i had never heard of FIV before. very interesting. does that mean your cat was getting freaky with all the local street cats?

Old June 17th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #11
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

Oh wow..that's not good. Hope he heals up quick.

Old June 17th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i had never heard of FIV before. very interesting. does that mean your cat was getting freaky with all the local street cats?
It spreads through biting and cats DO bite when they screw. He is one of those cats who doesn't tolerate other cats and so there would be biting regardless (he's neutered now).

He is so sweet and friendly in the absence of other cats that I wonder if FIV makes cats more territorial. Kinda like Toxoplasmosis makes rats attracted to cats. Hmm...

Old June 17th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #13
corksil

tldr i sat on my cat. thanks for the cliffnotes.

yeh alex.s they are horny little rodents.. If left unchecked, the cat population would rapidly outnumber the human population. Visualize a crowded circus midway... except thousands of cats climbing all over.

cat story time.

my cat wandered out of the forest one day and howled at my door. upon opening the door, cat just sat there and stared. I attempted to step outside so cat began to withdraw. I sat on the doorstep, and cat withdrew to 10ft away. Neither of us moved for an hour, just quietly sitting and staring at eachother. No sounds, no movements.

Then I told cat it needed better games to play because this one was boring and I got up and went into the house. 5 minutes later it howled again, so I cooked it a bowl of ramen noodles and 10 minutes later I looked out the window and the bowl was empty and cat was sprawled out around the bowl snoring. It lived on ramen for the first week, then i let it inside and my entire life was ruined from that point forward because now it is a foul guest that has long overstayed it's welcome and I have come very close to shooting it many times.

A truly vile creature, it's rage is exceeded only by it's malice.

Old June 17th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #14
corksil

Click the link if you dare. The face of evil itself. A creature almost too sinister to exist on this planet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82...it?usp=sharing

Cat's "Motherufcker WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT ME?!?" face.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82...it?usp=sharing

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #15
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Poor cat. I hope for a full recovery.

TC's cat looks pretty cool though. That first picture is priceless.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #16
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Click the link if you dare.
She's a good looking cat.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #17
corksil

I will pass the compliments along to my cat and I'm not sure that's for the best as his ego will grow, his narcissism will become more entrenched in his personality, and his megalomania will deepen.

Any word on OP's pussy? Is it healed yet? Leaping forcefully? Avoiding places where it may once again be sat upon?