ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM   #41
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Not one bit surprised at your crash.
Me neither! Cause any real rider knows that you'll go down one way or another. Especially on track. I'm no Jorge Lorenzo, but even he crashes on track. I guess he didn't practice his "slow-skills"

Quote:
Remember back in Demcember you asked about going "track-only" before you've gotten your "slow-skills" down pat.
I remember December real well! I remember my decision to go "track-only" before "I've gotten my 'slow-skills' down" real well too! Guess what? Still my BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE! Because, uhmmm I don't know.. Cause I've gained about a million times more riding experience than I ever would on the streets. I'm a WAY better rider than I was in December. Yeah I totally remember it all.

Do you know Todd Grice? He's one of the most badass riders I personally know. Did you know he pretty much started riding on track? Yeah crazy, huh?!

Quote:
How many laps did you complete prior to the crash
That session? Are you asking that day? My whole track experience? I'll answer all.

4, 9, probably around 135 on buttonwillow, probably around 180 buttonwillow and sow combined? I really don't know what you're asking and how it's relevant. Usually people ask this to find out if I had cold tires. No I didn't. I explained why I crashed.

Quote:
How much $$ are you out now and how many track events have you participated?
Why do you wanna know how much I spent on repairs? Why are YOU concerned with my financials?

Oh well. Here: I spent 1.1k on repairs. I could've done away with $500-$700 if I got forks and subframe repaired instead of replacing. But thankfully I have a decent paying job and like to keep spares. I'll get those repaired and keep them. Cause I plan on going to track again. I fully expect that I'll crash again cause that's what people who wanna get faster do sometimes. And I fully expect using those spares to fix my bike again.

I have participated in a total of 4 trackday events including the one I crashed in.

Let me know if you have any other questions. As irrelevant as they are, I'll be more than happy to answer all.

Just so you know. I'm 100% confident to go back out on track. Infact I can't friggin' wait!
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM   #42
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Lorenzo is likley to have more slow skill experience than all of your lifetime track experience.

By cost in total... meaning cost of track-only bike, registration, transport for your track-only bike, track tires, etc..

180 laps buttonwillow and sow combined, how many pairs of tires did you go through?
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:34 PM   #43
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Lorenzo is likley to have more slow skill experience than all of your lifetime track experience.

By cost in total... meaning cost of track-only bike, registration, transport for your track-only bike, track tires, etc..

180 laps buttonwillow and sow combined, how many pairs of tires did you go through?
i'm curious, does trying to belittle others make you feel better about yourself? maybe you should post video of yourself running on the track?

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:47 PM   #44
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
I don't compare myself to Lorenzo. I was pointing out that crashing on track is absolutely natural for any skill level (infact way more common as you get faster and run with the big boys) and doesn't make your "points" any more relevant or true now that I crashed. You are still absolutely wrong and make no sense, sorry.

Quote:
In any case, it's still NONE of your business. But again, in any case, I can afford it and then laugh about it. umad bro?

Quote:
180 laps : same pair of Dunlop GP-A's as the first day.

Look buddy. You can ask anyone I've ridden with or have seen me ride on track. They'll tell you that I'm way more level headed than your average "You gotta just gun it BRAHHH" guy. The one mistake I made that day and I proudly post here and explain the reasons behind it doesn't give you ANY leverage on our previous argument.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:02 PM   #45
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

I completely expect to go down at the track - if I want to improve. At some point, something is going to let you down - either technically or mechanically. Making a mistake allows for tremedous learning potential compared to the person that just rides safe well within their limits.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #46
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

I should do a track day

Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM   #47
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Let me know if you have any other questions. As irrelevant as they are, I'll be more than happy to answer all.
Going back on your own words, I see..

Quote:
I can afford it and then laugh about it. umad bro?
Why would I be mad? you're the one that crashed your bike..

Quote:
180 laps : same pair of Dunlop GP-A's as the first day.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM   #48
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Going back on your own words..
Sorry I never sat there and added up how much I spent. I'm sure it's a lot by your standards (why else would you ask?) but for mine, it's pocket change. I might even buy a second r6 and crash it and laugh about it. umad? ujelly?

Quote:
Let me take a stab at your agenda.

If it is to call me a newb because I don't eat through a pair of tires every track, you own yourself in several ways:

1) Even pro's I know use same pair of tires on at least 6-7 track days depending on brand of tires. Some go 10+ track days.

2) If you think I should be able to eat through a pair of tires each track day you must think I'm a pretty much closer to a pro racer level in which case you're here to just troll by telling me i should practice slow skills.

3) If you think they would let me run with completely worn tires it's a dead give away that you have NEVER been on track (not that I'm looking for more proof) because there's this thing called tech inspection that you would otherwise know about. It includes checking tire wear.

So again, you have 0 contribution.

If you're trying to help, quit. Cause I have all the help I need from people who are way above my level and who I care to listen to.

I don't know you, I don't want to know you, I don't trust or believe any thing you're saying. Why waste time here on someone who has 0 interest or respect for what you're saying? Ofcourse we all know the reason...

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #49
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Why would I be mad?

but it's heartbreaking that i can crash my bike and have a laugh about it while someone gets so upset about it that he has to come here and troll.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:07 PM   #50
"A"
vampire

From you replies, clearly you havn't learned much from your little get-off..

Keep using those worn out tires on your track events... maybe one day your skill can compensate for worn out tires, too..

Decent set of tires can avoid some repair cost, not that you would care... but becoming an organ donor.. I think you should value your own life more.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #51
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
From you replies, clearly you havn't learned much from your little get-off..

Keep using those worn out tires on your track events... maybe one day your skill can compensate for worn out tires, too..

Decent set of tires can avoid some repair cost, not that you would care... but becoming an organ donor.. I think you should value your own life more.
My crash has absolutely NOTHING to do with worn out tires. I clearly explained why I crashed. Even blamed my own stupid mistake instead of blaming it on tires or oil patches or a bee that went in my suit.

I learned from "my little get off" more than I ever could in a parking lot or riding next to idiots in cages.

Don't waste posts in my threads. You clearly have nothing to add.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM   #52
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Gurk... so when are you gonna come start racing CVMA?!?!

If you think track days are addictive, wait till they start adding in $5 trophies!
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #53
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Whatever, at least I'm teling the truth.. sometime that may not be what people want to hear. But when someone can't argue against the truth, they bring up personal attacks such as your post that has nothing related to the topic.

You want anyone to believe your arguement, post something truthful for a change.
How about you take your own advice and post something that resembles the truth, or knowledge, or experience.... none of which you show in any of your posts which is why you are more ignore lists than anyone on the forums.

To @Gurk:

Sucks that you went down and got that much damage. Bright side being that you can walk away from it. Even brighter that you know what went wrong and how to correct it. Most people don't seem to do either one let alone both. That shows you are a capable, level headed rider with a professional attitude. Just ignore "A" since the only thing he seems to come to these forums to do is antagonize people. He has done so in just about every thread he gets involved in to the point I'm surprised anyone can see his posts anymore.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #54
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
Gurk... so when are you gonna come start racing CVMA?!?!

If you think track days are addictive, wait till they start adding in $5 trophies!
i'm shooting for next season! or ill just decide as i go. for right now i need a lot of improvement in my lap times. i wanna be comfortable among a group before i even try it. right now im really enjoying racing with myself

i bet racing is a blast though! cant wait till i get there!

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM   #55
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
How about you take your own advice and post something that resembles the truth, or knowledge, or experience.... none of which you show in any of your posts which is why you are more ignore lists than anyone on the forums.

To @Gurk:

Sucks that you went down and got that much damage. Bright side being that you can walk away from it. Even brighter that you know what went wrong and how to correct it. Most people don't seem to do either one let alone both. That shows you are a capable, level headed rider with a professional attitude. Just ignore "A" since the only thing he seems to come to these forums to do is antagonize people. He has done so in just about every thread he gets involved in to the point I'm surprised anyone can see his posts anymore.
thanks man. yeah i totally sucked it up and learned from it!
ive been on pointless arguments ( i see that they were pointless now ) with "a" before. i think you're right. best to just leave him be. you can't save everybody.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #56
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
i'm shooting for next season! or ill just decide as i go. for right now i need a lot of improvement in my lap times. i wanna be comfortable among a group before i even try it. right now im really enjoying racing with myself

i bet racing is a blast though! cant wait till i get there!
You gotta come out with some of us, check the ninjettes at speed section and we usually post up when we're gonna mob a track day

Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:01 PM   #57
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
You gotta come out with some of us, check the ninjettes at speed section and we usually post up when we're gonna mob a track day
if some of us consists of max, kevin, jeff, alex, tiff, etc, i usually get a notice from those guys that they are going to track. i made my own schedule beginning of season and have been sticking to that. sadly it doesnt coincide with the lot too often. there's 2 coming up in SoW though. 30th of june and 14th of july. hope i can make those. next season though ill plan to go together more often for sure.

(who am i kidding everyone knows real reason is cause i hate them all. specially tiff)

Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #58
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

I'll try to make one of those days! streets is way fun and i gotta get more used to different tracks

Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #59
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Steve, July 14th with motoyard at streets is at NIGHT

Can't miss that!
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #60
"A"
vampire

Quote:
My crash has absolutely NOTHING to do with worn out tires. I clearly explained why I crashed. Even blamed my own stupid mistake instead of blaming it on tires or oil patches or a bee that went in my suit.

I learned from "my little get off" more than I ever could in a parking lot or riding next to idiots in cages.

Don't waste posts in my threads. You clearly have nothing to add.
Are you sure that your crash have "absolutely NOTHING" to do with your tires?

Tires may not seem worn to your eyes, but after 180 laps in four track events, heat cycles those tires went through are enough to cause tire compound to lose some of their ability to provide sufficient traction for aggressive track riding.

Blaming yourself is the easiest thing to do in case of a crash, unike thinking about other factors that you are completely unaware of, such as ignoring your tire condition.

Keep teilling yourself that your tires have absolutely nothing to do with your crash. You got lucky this time, your injuries were minimal and no one else was involved due to your ignorance of your tire conditions.

Refusing to learn from practicing your skills in empty parking lot is likely one of the causes of your little get off.. at least you won't be don't have to pay registration fees for practicing in empty parking lots.

I will do with my posts just as you would with your money. You clearly have a lot to learn from me and from practicing in empty parking lots, just chose to ignore those facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Can you argue with the truth about heat cycles wearing out the ability of tires to provide traction?

Do you think a pair of tires can provide decent traction in track riding after 180 laps?

Being ignored just means that people are ignorant of what I say, doesn't make what I say is any less truthful.

Old April 24th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #61
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I tried.

/done.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #62
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Steve, July 14th with motoyard at streets is at NIGHT

Can't miss that!
This, I want to do this!

Also, gurk, you may have made that on different tires, those GPAs were getting a little old at 180 laps lol (oops I agreed with "A", crap)

Old April 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #63
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

I didn't have a good time at the last track night i went to... I wasnt in the right mind set and working first shift in aerospace (at work at 6am) I was WAY too tired to focus. Also forgot to bring a clear visor. Had a bad time, but I think with more sleep it would be way more fun.

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #64
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Blaming yourself is the easiest thing to do in case of a crash, unike thinking about other factors that you are completely unaware of, such as ignoring your tire condition.

Keep teilling yourself that your tires have absolutely nothing to do with your crash. You got lucky this time, your injuries were minimal and no one else was involved due to your ignorance of your tire conditions.
Actually most people blame their crashes on everything but themselves, like cleaned up oil spills and stuff like that. It takes balls to say, nope, nope, this was all caused by me, I ****ed up.

And didn't he crash because he hit the front brake in a turn when he shouldn't have? Doesn't matter how good your tires are, braking in a lean is going to screw you up.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #65
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I tried.

/done.
Wait, does this mean he's gone for good?

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #66
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
I didn't have a good time at the last track night i went to... I wasnt in the right mind set and working first shift in aerospace (at work at 6am) I was WAY too tired to focus. Also forgot to bring a clear visor. Had a bad time, but I think with more sleep it would be way more fun.
This one is on a Saturday night - given your continued presence on weekends I'd assume you don't work on Sundays?

And I happen to have 2 clear visors for the Nexx, I'll bring both in case you forget!

come onnnnn

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #67
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Are you sure that your crash have "absolutely NOTHING" to do with your tires?

Tires may not seem worn to your eyes, but after 180 laps in four track events, heat cycles those tires went through are enough to cause tire compound to lose some of their ability to provide sufficient traction for aggressive track riding.

Refusing to learn from practicing your skills in empty parking lot is likely one of the causes of your little get off.. at least you won't be don't have to pay registration fees for practicing in empty parking lots.

I will do with my posts just as you would with your money. You clearly have a lot to learn from me and from practicing in empty parking lots, just chose to ignore those facts.

Can you argue with the truth about heat cycles wearing out the ability of tires to provide traction?

Do you think a pair of tires can provide decent traction in track riding after 180 laps?

Being ignored just means that people are ignorant of what I say, doesn't make what I say is any less truthful.
I guess no point typing a reply but once again, NO. Tire wear or slow skill practice had absolutely nothing to do with my crash. It's your delusion that it did.

I can show you a photo proving cutting off throttle and braking was the cause of my crash but I now feel like it's a waste time

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #68
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
This, I want to do this!

Also, gurk, you may have made that on different tires, those GPAs were getting a little old at 180 laps lol (oops I agreed with "A", crap)
Nope. I couldn't have.

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #69
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Gurk; A in "on a break"

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #70
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Gurk; A in "on a break"
yeah... we were just starting to get along

anyway... carry on.

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #71
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Get that mofo fixed up!

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #72
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Get that mofo fixed up!
Almost all parts are in. Just waiting on one Kevin to come help me investigate the engine for chunks of dirt inside. lol

Old April 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #73
Gurk
Done here.

Gotta love being able to work on it at work

Old April 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #74
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
is that an 09 set of forks i see?

Old April 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #75
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
is that an 09 set of forks i see?
unfortunately, 06. i was impatient and i saw a good deal. lol

Old April 24th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #76
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

wtf, you know there is a huge difference between the years right? SMH

Old April 24th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #77
Gurk
Done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
wtf, you know there is a huge difference between the years right? SMH
08+ is taller but same width. They are interchangeable. Todd and Alex wanted me to get 08+ for more adjustability. Mine's an 07 (exact same as 06). I couldn't find a good deal on a 08+ so went with 06 which is same as my stock.

so shut up!!!

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #78
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
stock stanchions bent? how bad? i thought we were going to be ok with them?

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #79
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
p.s...

Hey there buddy!

Old April 24th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #80
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
unfortunately, 06. i was impatient and i saw a good deal. lol
06 will do you fine for now.... trust me, if they were gunna give out, they would have told me yesterday.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote