ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM   #1
DarthQuagmire
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 08 zx6r

Darth quagmire from Atlanta

Hey Im Jim, i started riding in 05, had a o5 636, totaled it 2 years later, then got a zx6r 07. Been street racing and mountain riding ever since I got a bike, daily rider as well, and about 3 months ago, got addicted to track cocaine. Ive done 3, road atl, barber and lil tally

Also my wife, I got her into an MSF course about a yr ago, then in feb we got her a lil 09 ex250, and she has done her first track day last month or 2. she did lil tally on her 250. Now we are trying to get her used to the 600, cause we are gonna sell the 250 and just use the 6 for track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nin.JPG (40.9 KB, 5 views)
DarthQuagmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM   #2
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Welcome Jim - glad to have you with us.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

DarthQuagmire! Glad you found us...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM   #4
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

welcome

Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM   #5
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:39 PM   #6
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Welcome to the forum
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM   #7
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

Name: m

Motorcycle(s): 2009 black Ninja 250R

Hi Jim, welcome!
I'd love to hear about your wife's transition to the 600. I'm debating doing the same next year.
tiburonsita is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM   #8
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

welcome to the addiction we call MOTORCYCLES. You have been addicted much longer than I, and so guess you already know that THERE IS NO CURE. And you got your spouse addicted to the quest for speed, the passion for asphalt, and the desire for the sound of screaming pistons. For shame.

nb

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 AM   #9
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:10 AM   #10
DarthQuagmire
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 08 zx6r

well hmm transition...
well let me start out by saying she rides the 6 WAY faster then the 250. I mean I cant keep up with her on the 6 on the interstate. But on the mountains and stuff she is trying to get used to it. its a lot heavier, lot wider on the turns. Luckily the 6 i have is a baby under 10k rpms. She loves it, she says that its got power everywhere, she doesnt have to change gears a million times a day. transmission is smoother. but she is getting used to the seating, her hands and shoulders hurt after a long ride, the clutch lever is a beast, and like i said she is still getting used to the turns.

Me on the other hand, I loved the 250 when I first got it, but it just desnt have the power of the 6. sure its fun and light and good on gas, but i think i started not liking i so much because of the interstate. I live in atlanta and the interstate here in a 55mph is like 90. On my way to work and back on the side roads, it doesnt have the UMPH to pass like the 6.

I guess the transition depends on how much time u spend on the 250, she has been on it about 2000 miles, so its not so bad for her to change to a 6. Her nemesis is the... dreaded.... getting out of the parkin lot and turning left thing. 2 drops. and another drop from being sleepy.
DarthQuagmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:19 AM   #11
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Welcome darth .... I've wondered what kinda bike a sith lord would ride
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM   #12
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM   #13
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

Name: m

Motorcycle(s): 2009 black Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthQuagmire View Post
well hmm transition...
well let me start out by saying she rides the 6 WAY faster then the 250. I mean I cant keep up with her on the 6 on the interstate. But on the mountains and stuff she is trying to get used to it. its a lot heavier, lot wider on the turns. Luckily the 6 i have is a baby under 10k rpms. She loves it, she says that its got power everywhere, she doesnt have to change gears a million times a day. transmission is smoother. but she is getting used to the seating, her hands and shoulders hurt after a long ride, the clutch lever is a beast, and like i said she is still getting used to the turns.

Me on the other hand, I loved the 250 when I first got it, but it just desnt have the power of the 6. sure its fun and light and good on gas, but i think i started not liking i so much because of the interstate. I live in atlanta and the interstate here in a 55mph is like 90. On my way to work and back on the side roads, it doesnt have the UMPH to pass like the 6.

I guess the transition depends on how much time u spend on the 250, she has been on it about 2000 miles, so its not so bad for her to change to a 6. Her nemesis is the... dreaded.... getting out of the parkin lot and turning left thing. 2 drops. and another drop from being sleepy.
Cool. Great info, thanks! I got mine in March and it has 4700k on it now and a recent lowside (shhhh). I've been riding fairly regularly and I like the size and maneuverability but I feel like I work her really hard. I think my biggest concern is the weight of the bike and keeping her upright. With the 250 stopped, if she tips just a bit to the right I can lose her - did twice - and it's not easy lifting it. Would be nice to get another motorcycle show roll into town so I can try them all out again. They skipped us this past year. I'm in Atlanta too - bet I've seen you guys up in Blood Mountain.

Thanks for the reply and once again, Welcome!
tiburonsita is offline   Reply With Quote