ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old January 20th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
almost 3 months no riding, i needed a small fix.

So I busted out the wifies little klx125 for some fun in the snow!

It is perfect size for me in the snow, minimal HP and torque translates into getting the power to the ground in the snow and the low seat height makes it easy to get a foot down as a runner to help keep it up when things get really squirrely. Few years back I rode it in some deep snow with a friend who was on a 250 mx 4stroke and we were both about same pace, sure he had more power but couldn't use it.

It was pretty warm out yesterday 30 ish, I ripped around for a good 30 minutes but could have stayed out all day if I had the time.

Lots of fun drifting the little bike through the snowy turns. I dumped it once on a rutted out straight stretch drifted over with snow going pretty fast but i shouldn't have. Was my fault as I gave up on the bike if I would have stuck with it from the get go I think I would have stayed up It was fun though but looking forward to some asphalt soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100MEDIA_IMAG0528.jpg (36.5 KB, 10 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2014, 07:37 AM   #2
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Nice! Much better than the on/off of the yz250. Hope you got your fix and didn't make the wife too jealous.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2014, 07:45 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I know how you feel Joe! I am seriously itching to ride on pavement again and go fast. I am lucky enough to have my backyard to have fun in the dirt and snow on 4wheelers and dirt bikes. I keep breaking them though. I rolled my yami 350 doing donuts and broke some stuff, pushed that in the garage and got the dirt bike out. After some time, I ended up pushing that back in the garage with a bent peg and a flat rear tire. lol Loving the new helmet though!

I think you right, a 125 would be better for me too. My 250 in the snow is just to high and such. And the frozen ruts... gawd... they will toss you in an instant.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
^ when you break things you know you must be having fun, it's like a gauge.

Small bikes are fun!! In my OP I mentioned riding in the snow with my friend who had a 250 mx 4 stroke, what I didn't mention is that for that day I started out on my yz250, after around 4 falls 2 of which being on flat open trails and seemingly for no reason I parked it and busted out the klx125 and had a much, much better time, it was actually pretty epic.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2014, 08:06 AM   #5
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
on my yz250, after around 4 falls 2 of which being on flat open trails and seemingly for no reason

bahaha I know the feeling. I feel like my yz250 goes down just because it is upright sometimes. Hella fun though!!

Enjoy your rides for the rest of us who are stuck without a ride.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 20th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #6
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Making me jealous and wanting to get a dirt bike!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #7
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

great deal on a yz250

Seriously worth getting one though. MotoGP guys have it right. GP in season MX out season.

Old January 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #8
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
great deal on a yz250

Seriously worth getting one though. MotoGP guys have it right. GP in season MX out season.

Now your just teasing me.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote