ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Inspection Sticker

Well, I am a complete noob. So please forgive me.

But I need to get my bike inspected and I was gonna go to a place called "cape cod choppers" Because it is less than 2 miles away and I figure it would be the easiest for a new driver like me to get to.

I was supposed to have my dad get it inspected for me, but him and I are not in talking terms right now so I guess I need to do this myself.

I heard that places that specialize in choppers and Harley's often give Jap bikes a hard time. Is that true? Or do you think they will inspect my bike and be fair to me?

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Desmoluci
Threadkiller

Name: Mick

Motorcycle(s): Yellow '04 stocker, '89 FJ1200, '87 Ducati Paso, '71 Yamaha XS1b, '99 KLR650, '81 FXE 80, '97 KTM 200EXC , etc

You may get a little ribbing, so what? They'll gladly inspect your bike, it's their business to do so.

P.S.
Do what you have to do to get back on good terms with your Dad!
Go do it right now....
Desmoluci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Well, I am a complete noob. So please forgive me.

But I need to get my bike inspected and I was gonna go to a place called "cape cod choppers" Because it is less than 2 miles away and I figure it would be the easiest for a new driver like me to get to.

I was supposed to have my dad get it inspected for me, but him and I are not in talking terms right now so I guess I need to do this myself.

I heard that places that specialize in choppers and Harley's often give Jap bikes a hard time. Is that true? Or do you think they will inspect my bike and be fair to me?
You might get your bike back, you might not. It might be running if you get it back, it might not. It might have all the parts still intact, it might not. It might cost you double, it might just disappear. You better kiss your dad's ass and have him take care of it.

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #4
iamjacob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmoluci View Post
You may get a little ribbing, so what? They'll gladly inspect your bike, it's their business to do so.

P.S.
Go do it right now....

If "cape cod choppers" is a reputable business they'll do your inspection with a smile.

Oh, and definitely work it out with your Dad. Nothing is as important as family and there's no telling what lies ahead for any of us.
iamjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #5
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmoluci View Post
...P.S.
Go do it right now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacob View Post
...Oh, and definitely work it out with your Dad. Nothing is as important as family and there's no telling what lies ahead for any of us.
This.

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #6
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

All good advice here.

You'll learn about CC Cowboy here...
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Desmoluci
Threadkiller

Motorcycle(s): Yellow '04 stocker, '89 FJ1200, '87 Ducati Paso, '71 Yamaha XS1b, '99 KLR650, '81 FXE 80, '97 KTM 200EXC , etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post

You'll learn about CC Cowboy here...

Old May 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Yeah , level with your dad, I lost my dad a couple years back and I know there are some serious problems in life but regardless you should not let it get to the no talking point.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #9
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

None of you know my dad, I am completely cool with him. But he believes I dented his truck so he doesn't want to have anything to do with me I guess.

I think I'm on my own on this one, but I need to grow up and just do it myself. He isn't going to be there forever to hold my hand.

Old May 14th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #10
Desmoluci
Threadkiller

You're right, I don't know your Dad or you. If you dented the truck, Man up and tell him the truth. If you didn't dent his truck, Man up and tell him that, too.

There's two sides to every story, and maybe he's waiting for you to do the above^^

Now I'll MMOB.

Old May 14th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #11
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
None of you know my dad, I am completely cool with him. But he believes I dented his truck so he doesn't want to have anything to do with me I guess.

I think I'm on my own on this one, but I need to grow up and just do it myself. He isn't going to be there forever to hold my hand.
Remember that!

Old May 14th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #12
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

I don't know how this turned out to be about my dad? lol. Just to nip it in the butt, I saw the dent and didn't do it. It is the hardest dent in the world to see, you literally have to squint and look when the light hits it correctly and it more or less just a slight swivel. My dad is not a reasonable man. He blames you and that's it. He doesn't care. He has anger problems. I apologized even though I didn't do it but he doesn't care. He threw a temper tantrum and told me that he isn't doing me any more favors. The only thing that will make him talk to me again is time. I know how to deal with him..

The main problem is that right now my new bike is not road legal and I have to change that soon because I really want to start using it. I was just seeing if anybody had any stories of chopper places being extra hard on crotch rockets.

I'll probably just drive over in my car and talk to the guy and tell him the bike I have and then depending on how nice he is, i'll bring it in.

Old May 14th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #13
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I don't know how this turned out to be about my dad? lol. Just to nip it in the butt, I saw the dent and didn't do it. It is the hardest dent in the world to see, you literally have to squint and look when the light hits it correctly and it more or less just a slight swivel. My dad is not a reasonable man. He blames you and that's it. He doesn't care. He has anger problems. I apologized even though I didn't do it but he doesn't care. He threw a temper tantrum and told me that he isn't doing me any more favors. The only thing that will make him talk to me again is time. I know how to deal with him..

The main problem is that right now my new bike is not road legal and I have to change that soon because I really want to start using it. I was just seeing if anybody had any stories of chopper places being extra hard on crotch rockets.

I'll probably just drive over in my car and talk to the guy and tell him the bike I have and then depending on how nice he is, i'll bring it in.
I was just kidding before, everyone's dad is a hardass, or they'd be called mom. All motorcycle places are cool. Just don't tell them you think it's a crotch rocket, they might remind you it's a 250. They are only doing an inspection sticker (which is probably a pain in the ass).

Don't forget you need to borrow dad's truck to get the bike there.

Old May 14th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #14
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Not all bike places are cool. Last time I got inspected in VA failed me because my turn signals were LED and not DOT certed even tho in VA you don't even have to have turn signals on a bike. I literally took them off, wires hanging out the fairings and then they passed me.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2014, 08:13 PM   #15
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

If a cop pulls me over I will just tell him that I am going to get the sticker right now. The place is literally 5 minutes away. I'll just take the chance, cops around here are actually pretty cool.

Old May 14th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I was just kidding before, everyone's dad is a hardass, or they'd be called mom.
I love this line.

Old May 15th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #17
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Got my sticker, first time ever drove in traffic and was a success. I'm very proud of my minor accomplishment.

The owner was very kind, but he was very hard at the same time. - A typical biker guy, old with long hair and long beard. He treated me well though and I was very appreciative. I tried to tip him $5 but he refused.

Nice experience, definitely going there again next year.