ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old November 21st, 2011, 06:56 PM   #1
ToyaDe
ninjette.org member

Name: Toya

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2009 Ninja 250r

Msf brc

I am excited to say I just passed the retest of the BRC, and I did a lot better than I did the first time around.

In my first BRC the weekend of 10/07-10/09 I had a pretty uneventful weekend, and I was at the head of the class in most exercises. Then it happened for some reason on exercise 14 I was coming around the turn a little hot and got target fixated on a concrete barricade along the side of the course (they really shouldn't put concrete anything near a motorcycle training course in my opinion). Long story short I hit it flew over it and did a pretty good amount of damage to my left leg, but not broken bones or anything. I finished the course, but bombed the evaluation on the turn, mentally I had checked out by that time so I was making stupid mistakes.

So after a month out of work (with pay, got to love my job) I finally went back to work last week and got back on a bike today. My leg is still a little numb near my knee and there are still some tender areas, but all and all I am okay. I am even better now that I passed the BRC, I was nervous that I wouldn't feel comfortable riding, but I did. The fact that I improved in every area of the evaluation where there was room for improvement also made me feel a lot better.
ToyaDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2011, 08:36 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Gratz! If I was gunna crash my first time, I would have chosen the MSF range myself. Heal up fully and ride safe!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote