ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #1
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Saw an accident yesterday

So, yesterday I was driving in my car. Was driving east on a 7 lane road, far left lane. (3 lanes each way with a center lane).

I noticed off in the distance a full dress Harley on a side road to left. The bike was looking to make a left hand turn. What caught my eye was the fact that the rider didn't have a helmet on. (Michigan recently repealed the helmet law) I also noticed that there was a small child riding shotgun. By small I mean 7 or 8 years old. (child was wearing a helmet)

The Harley decided to make a left turn in front of me. When I noticed this I started to slow down. (I was not speeding) What was odd is that the Harley did not immeadiatly turn, he went straight all the way though the west bound lanes, then started his turn into the center lane. I continued to slow down.

About halfway through his turn his exhaust pipe began to scrape the ground, sparks began to fly. Then....the bike went down. The child on the back came off and began to roll. The guy driving stayed on until the bike flipped, catapulting him off.

I threw my hazards on, pulled up closer, got out of my car and ran up to check on the child. It was a little girl. She was wearing a full helmet, leather jacket, Jeans with leather chaps, and riding boots. She sat up, I flipped up her visor and she was balling pretty good. I told her to lay down.

Next I went to check on the guy. He did not fair so well, he was laying face down in a pool of blood. Just then a women yelled out "I called 911"

The woman was comforting the child, she was trying to remove her helmet. Good thing she didn't know how,because I was able to stop her in time. I said "let the EMS remove the helmet.

Ambulance was there in only a few minutes, though it seemed much longer.
They immeadialy started on the guy. I thought he was dead, I honestly did, but he was not. They got him up on out of there pretty quickly. He apparently never stopped breathing.

I think the girl was more scared then anything. They got her helmet off, got her in a neck brace and took her away.

I stayed and gave my report to the police, the woman driver who witnessed it stayed as well.

We gave 2 different accounts of what happened. She pretty much bitched the entire time about how motorcycles should be outlawed. Also that the guy deserved "what he got"

One of the police officers was trying to calm her down when she said "they should outlaw all motorcycles, thats why I always make them think I'm gonna hit em, keeps them on their toes" One of the officers then COMPLETELY changed the way he was dealing with her. He mentioned that he rode motorcycles on his free time.

I asked if I was free to go, they said they would contact me if needed. I didn't want to stick around any longer.
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Such a waste on all accounts aside of first responders and you being there to assist.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Glad everyone was okay in the end. Luckily you were there to stop the lady from attempting to pull of the girl's helmet! Some people....smh
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Let's hope they take the licence off the dumb cnut who bragged to the cops that she routinely swerves at bikes to keep them on their toes.

If the guy survives it in one piece he's very lucky, was he awake/ talking?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #5
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Let's hope they take the licence off the dumb cnut who bragged to the cops that she routinely swerves at bikes to keep them on their toes.

If the guy survives it in one piece he's very lucky, was he awake/ talking?
He wasn't awake at all as far as I could see. But I understand that he was breathing.

The lady was a crazy nut, I had to get away from her.

I was glad to see that the little girl was dressed properly, it's too bad that the guy didn't have a helmet on. Probably would have made a huge difference in whatever outcome he has.
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

After that sort of impact he's probably brain dead, I feel bad for the kid seeing that, but that's life. At least the kid was wearing a lid & the dumb cnut didn't paralyse her trying to pull it off
Posted via Mobile Device
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Stingray1000

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

That's the type of ignorance that scares me... Someone hating motorcycles so much that have to swurve at us to keep us on our toes? Well what If I'm swurving to get out of the way of a box or something in the center of the lane at the same time? The little life lesson she is trying to teach me because SHE doesn't like motorcycles would probably be the last life lesson anyone ever tried to teach me again.... And if that were to happen she would probably walk away without anything wrong with her at all thinking it was probably my fault for riding a motorcycle in the first place and my kids would no longer have a father because of pure ignorance.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote