Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:43 AM   #41
NICUNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Trista

Motorcycle(s): '08 EX650R Green Kawasaki ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
And you still ride even though you work in a hospital? All of my friends / family who are paramedics or hospital nurses/doctors tell me that riding is crazy. They usually then proceed to tell me how crazy I am for riding.
Are they the same ones who smoke even though they see that smoking kills more people than motorcycles?
NICUNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM   #42
tweakmon
Broken Bone Hater

Name: Ross

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 2005 ZX-6R

Tweakmon = short for 'tweakmonster'

http://www.tweakmonster.com

From my years in the computer industry.
tweakmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM   #43
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

It`s kind of funny how paramedics, nurses, and doctors, are down on bikes--motorcycles too. Here in Maine most people ride without helmets. If you want to see something really stupid, come to Belfast this summer. We have a real rocket scientist here who rides a green Kawasaki 1000--no idea what year-in shorts, flip flops, a tank top, and no helmet or gloves. I think he wears sunglasses. I guess he`ll be around next summer since he didn`t get killed this year.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM   #44
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I think these folks would all join me in respectfully disagreeing with you, sir.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

Thank you for your service to our country.

Respectfully Submitted.
I'm going to try and be very respectful in this - but don't even try to bring VT into this - unless you are a part of what happened you have NO CLUE - so please, don't even try to drag US into it.

Respectfully Submitted as a Hokie and friend to several victims
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:16 PM   #45
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
I'm going to try and be very respectful in this - but don't even try to bring VT into this - unless you are a part of what happened you have NO CLUE - so please, don't even try to drag US into it.

Respectfully Submitted as a Hokie and friend to several victims
With all due respect, and at the risk of unpopularity on yet another forum...

I take great pains to never speak with authority on any subject I am not well versed on. I have had the displeasure as a veteran police officer and SWAT team member of being responsible of running toward gunfire rather than away from it. If we take horrible tragedies such as the VT nightmare and file it away, how are we to ever learn?

Wouldn't you rather educate people and maybe prevent a re occurrence ?

I know for a fact that I would. Think about what one of those victims could have done with a legally carried CCW and a pistol.

I appreciate your candid opinion but I have every right to speak of something I take personal and professional responsibility to fight EVERY day I suit up for work.

All the best...
Posted via Mobile Device
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM   #46
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
With all due respect, and at the risk of unpopularity on yet another forum...

I take great pains to never speak with authority on any subject I am not well versed on. I have had the displeasure as a veteran police officer and SWAT team member of being responsible of running toward gunfire rather than away from it. If we take horrible tragedies such as the VT nightmare and file it away, how are we to ever learn?

Wouldn't you rather educate people and maybe prevent a re occurrence ?

I know for a fact that I would. Think about what one of those victims could have done with a legally carried CCW and a pistol.

I appreciate your candid opinion but I have every right to speak of something I take personal and professional responsibility to fight EVERY day I suit up for work.

All the best...
Posted via Mobile Device
Think about what could have been done if the restrictions were tighter and the nut job hadn't been able to get a gun in the first place....

Seeing how the first responders were affected as a result, and how the whole town atmosphere has changed, there are a lot of if-onlies that could come into play - but what happened happened, and I truly do not think that more guns would have made much of a difference
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM   #47
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

My father used to say (actually, probably continues to say) if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses when they hopped. "If only" doesn't get us much. Those responsible for handling University safety learned from this, those responsible as 1st responders learned something, and the public at large learned something as well. The salient point is that all of those groups didn't necessarily learn the same thing, and this certainly isn't going to be the kind of debate where everyone agrees at the end. Any way we can either split this off to a separate thread or take it to PM's, rather than debate gun control in the "what's your username" thread?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:32 PM   #48
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Think about what could have been done if the restrictions were tighter and the nut job hadn't been able to get a gun in the first place....

Seeing how the first responders were affected as a result, and how the whole town atmosphere has changed, there are a lot of if-onlies that could come into play - but what happened happened, and I truly do not think that more guns would have made much of a difference
My only qualm was with you excluding me from speaking of an event I've conducted extensive research on simply because I wasn't present.

I'm not going to sit and debate gun control with you. Its not really appropriate considering your passion for excluding it from this thread, as if it didn't happen.

"Gun control", or keeping self defense out of he hands of law abiding folks, doesn't work. Its been proven time and time again that criminals will commit crimes, whether it is "legal" for them to obtain a gun or not. The liberal media and your professors can shade it however they want.

We will have to agree to disagree, ma'am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM   #49
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
My father used to say (actually, probably continues to say) if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses when they hopped. "If only" doesn't get us much. Those responsible for handling University safety learned from this, those responsible as 1st responders learned something, and the public at large learned something as well. The salient point is that all of those groups didn't necessarily learn the same thing, and this certainly isn't going to be the kind of debate where everyone agrees at the end. Any way we can either split this off to a separate thread or take it to PM's, rather than debate gun control in the "what's your username" thread?
I won't be taking anything to PMs as I have no interest in a illogical GC debate. I can hit the DU and troll the enlightened folk there if'n I get a hankerin.

Noche is a sister in ninja arms on this forum and has a right to an opinion. Its just one I've heard too many times before. For the record, Vt PD and Blacksburg PD were on scene at Norris within a minute.

Now back to names!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM   #50
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Thanks, all; makes sense.

I thought long and hard, then chose my name as my username. Not a particularly good story, but easy to remember no matter how bad the hangover, or even the current state of inebriation.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM   #51
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Thanks, all; makes sense.

I thought long and hard, then chose my name as my username. Not a particularly good story, but easy to remember no matter how bad the hangover, or even the current state of inebriation.
If you can remember your name, you're not drunk enough!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM   #52
Cochese
The Grand Royal

I couldn't agree more, Kelly!

Signed,

Goatcheese

Posted via Mobile Device

Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:13 AM   #53
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Guess I didnt get here in time to post my opinion on an event I personally experienced.

My username is just my initials and birthday. I never did understand that creativity thing. It's interesting to hear others usernames though.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:27 AM   #54
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

lol, if your bday is indeed 02-25-88 then you are only a month away from mine (well, technically like 36 days or something), mines 01-22-88, haha, I have seniority!!!

Travis

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:31 AM   #55
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingYellowInsanity View Post
lol, if your bday is indeed 02-25-88 then you are only a month away from mine (well, technically like 36 days or something), mines 01-22-88, haha, I have seniority!!!

Travis
lol... if you want to talk about seniority!!? http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9937

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:42 AM   #56
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

well, I have seniority over him!!! LOL! Which is what I meant all along. I totally understand that I have virtually no seniority in anything being 20 (almost 21!!!)...

Travis

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:48 AM   #57
kkim

Quote:
well, I have seniority over him!!! LOL! Which is what I meant all along. I totally understand that I have virtually no seniority in anything being 20 (almost 21!!!)...

Travis
lol... just playin'.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:17 AM   #58
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Yep, almost there!

Then we dont have any other age to look forward to
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:31 AM   #59
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD022588 View Post
Guess I didnt get here in time to post my opinion on an event I personally experienced.
If its something you would like to discuss, I recommend you start a thread. I'm interested, having only spoken indirectly to LE on scene.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #60
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

I used to be a 4-H leader when my kids were little and we raised and showed guinea pigs, also known as a cavy. We had many, so, manycavies.

Old January 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #61
kkim

lol... I knew it had to be something like that. When I was a boy, my brothers caught a wild guinea pig and caged him under the house. They figured he was lonely, so the bought him a "Mrs" Guinea. lol... soon there were over 4 dozen of the little buggers under the house in many cages. They used to hear my sister get up early in the morning to go to work before the sun came up and would start crying for food, making a terrible racket.

Then later, my daughter (who was also involved in 4H) volunteered to bring home the class pet... you guessed it.. a guinea pig. I was smarter by then and only agreed to keep it if she promised that would be the only one we would have. "Nellie" was a great pet and it was very sad when she passed. They are very cute and quite intelligent animals, which surprised me.

Old January 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #62
ROCKNROLLA
<(^^,)>

Name: Vinny

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R (08)

ROCKNROLLA
I heard it when the movie came out
The movie sucked but the names good!
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #63
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

Pindleskin is a popular miniboss in the computer game 'Diablo 2 LOD'. If you played, you remember him. People would kill him over and over, painstakingly hoping he would drop rare items each time.
I just replaced the i's with 1's because I frequently got the 'name already taken' message when creating accounts and registering on forums. I use the name for a lot of things, just keeps it simple.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #64
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
lol... my brothers caught a wild guinea pig and caged him under the house. They figured he was lonely, so the bought him a "Mrs" Guinea. lol... soon there were over 4 dozen of the little buggers under the house in many cages.
At one point we had over 140, mostly babies, lots of noise!

They are very cute and quite intelligent animals, which surprised me.

We had one that would try to push the competition off the show table when the judge wasn't looking, the judge would hear the laughing and not know what was going on untill it was over. And yes he won!!

Old January 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #65
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250 R.I.P.

Well it's my name but that's not the funny part. I used to do tech support for Kodak in Colorado. I was contractor so me and my fellow rentageeks had to share one login for the tracking system. We just initial the tickets we did. I got a ticket from one of the snobby managers. It was some stupid thing with the batteries dying in his mouse. So I wrote up the ticket as replaced the mouse batteries. BS. End of story I thought. i got called into a meeting/conference call with my boss, the head of ITS at corporate, the manager, and the HR droid. Nobody tells me anything. I go in the office and and my boss tells every one this is Bill Smith. I see the smiles on everyone's faces. I still didn't know what was going on. The HR droid say you name is what? I say Bill she says no your last name. I say Smith. She says so your initials are BS. I just look at her like well duh. She say so yo weren't saying the ticket was BS. I'm still in the dark at this point. I ask my boss what this is about. He throws me a printed copy of the email notification that I closed the ticket and called it a BS call, forwarded from the manager to HR and about half company wanting my head on platter. The manager never bothered to ask what my name was. Everyone had a good laugh at that and I was told under no circumstances was I to use my initials any more. So I went BS to BSmith. That was about 10 years ago and it stuck.
Bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #66
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Old January 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #67
Ananda
Bliss

Name: Keryna

Motorcycle(s): Own: 2001 SV650S Sold: 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
The HK is my nightstand gun.

These are my bedside guns!

wow, what are u protecting yurself from, a zombie attack?!
Ananda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #68
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
The name and avatar are both a tribute to the infamous Brown Buffalo, Hunter Thompson's attorney. It might take some thought unless you are from South Florida or have read some of Hunter's books.
CC Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #69
Scorpielle
ninjette.org member

Name: Elle

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Black Ninja 250R

Well I've used my "handle" for a while, I'm your typical Scorpio, and I go by Elle,, so there you have it Scorpielle LOL
Scorpielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #70
kkim

Is that you in your avatar???

Old January 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #71
Viper-Byte
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R in Green! (Sold) Now 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Mine, originates from my passion for the Dodge Viper (I know, I know, what about the ninjette, but I had this before I got my bike ) and my passion of IT (byte).

Quote:
LOL, do you need a cold shower Kelly?
Viper-Byte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #72
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Quote:

Travis
Dang, you beat me to Travis!! Mine is 1-30-88!!

Looks like we got a few "yungins" on the board! Woot Woot!

Oh, and my name comes from the initials of a nickname and my last name. The x-es in the front and back are just for show! LOL.
xTKx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #73
Scorpielle
ninjette.org member

Name: Elle

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Black Ninja 250R

Quote:
LOL ! Yeah that's my cartoon Alter Ego, "Danger Girl"
Scorpielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #74
kkim

"Danger Girl"????

<google, google>

AH!!! Danger Girl!!!

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #75
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I guess Danger Girl would be a little bit out of your generation...

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #76
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Color TV is out of his generation.

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #77
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Lol

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #78
kkim

Kids!!!! Get off of my lawn!!!

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #79