ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old July 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #121
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Thank you all for participating. Everyone who has committed and is confirmed to purchase a system has been contacted directly by me. You will be contacted again during the week of the 25th with an update and payment confirmation. Just so there is no confusion, here are the names:

Avenged
Fjyang
Juwong182
Bosgarage57
Sombo
Bam_Bam
cmsith12
Joseph L Hudson
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 14th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #122
kkim

As of this date, all the systems that were available have been spoken for and participants have been contacted by AP concerning order details and payment/shipping info. For those that expressed an interest and do not have their names on the list, if any units become available due to non payment or someone changing their mind, I will be in touch with you.

Thanks to all of you for making this a successful GB. I hope once you get your systems installed and tuned, you'll be as happy a customer that I have been with the quality product, service and support AP provides to each and every one of their customers. Best of luck to you all... pictures of your install would be great!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #123
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Yay, it's paid for and awaiting shipment.

Good timing too. I am hoping to get at least something from the lady that hit me in the next week that should cover the costs of getting what I need done to the bike including this new exhaust. So hopefully by mid-late August I should have her all better (accept for the fairings) and back on the road.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #124
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Yay, it's paid for and awaiting shipment.

Good timing too. I am hoping to get at least something from the lady that hit me in the next week that should cover the costs of getting what I need done to the bike including this new exhaust. So hopefully by mid-late August I should have her all better (accept for the fairings) and back on the road.
I know I'm excited about it too. Wish it coulda been sooner, big deals gap trip is next week. Woulda been awesome if i had it on then........oh well.

Sombo thats good to hear. So ya gonna go nekkid with it?
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #125
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
I know I'm excited about it too. Wish it coulda been sooner, big deals gap trip is next week. Woulda been awesome if i had it on then........oh well.

Sombo thats good to hear. So ya gonna go nekkid with it?
Nah, gonna leave the fairings on it till I can get a good deal on replacements. The upper fairing is just scratched while the lower one is cracked but still in one piece (sorta lol). Still looks fine and holds together just fine. I personally don't like naked bikes unless there were designed that way, even then it's just not my thing.

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #126
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Paid, Can't wait!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM   #127
sombo

Looky at what I got today!!!!

Old August 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM   #128
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

Sombo!! I got mine saturday and already got it on I like it! Wish I would have taken the baffle out (I know I still can, Im too lazy though)
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #129
Joseph L. Hudson
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja 250r

Got mine installed also

I installed only the exhaust the first day without jetting. It sounded great and ran perfect with no adjustments. The second day I installed the battery box , filter pods , and stage 3 jetting. I noticed right away that it got much louder. It had great acceleration but would not run smooth at any cruising speed. I had to change the needle valve clips from the recommended 3rd notch to the 4th notch. Now it runs smooth at cruising speed. I am very impressed with the build quality , the performance , and the sound. Thanks all
Joseph L. Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM   #130
copperaxe
Deviant Gentleman

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): two wheeled motorcycles

I'm wondering...
Are any of the "old gen" Ninjette people using their 250 on the race track for track days or racing? I have the AP exhaust kit too and my bike has been competitive on the track and fun as hell.
copperaxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #131
extremez31
ninjette.org member

Name: Rich

Motorcycle(s): 94 EX250, 81 GS450

Anyway we can set this up again?

for the Standard Carbon Fiber Muffler?
extremez31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #132
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremez31 View Post
for the Standard Carbon Fiber Muffler?
First post... really?

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #133
extremez31
ninjette.org member

yup first post, jumping right in. no worries though im going to be around here a lot, you'll get sick or me.

No seriously I'm sorry i havent posted anywhere else on the forum.

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #134
dburgess1231
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja EX250 blue

I would love if this ran again. because at the moment they arent even selling it individually...

Old April 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #135
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
uh good luck. Kerry already discontinued this system for lack of interest. It's a great system, but you're gonna have a hard time finding buyers, based on previous experiences on here
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #136
extremez31
ninjette.org member

Old April 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #137
zenmedic
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ex 250

zenmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #138
t-rav_12
ninjette.org member

Name: travis

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 2-Fitty (DD Commuter); '05 Ninja 2-Fitty (Track CCS#112); '94 YZF 7-FittyR (Missile/Backroad Bomber)

My first post here too... Hi, all! I think I have finally read all of the threads here on this Area P exhaust. I want 1 too!! Standard (shorty 12"), Carbon Fiber, Jet Kit, filters/ breathers, dyno test/ tune port, the works. This commuter will eventually become a dedicated track bike. I just started taking my '06 commuter to the track (Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas) and have fallen in love with this bike all over again. Just bought/ installed a Works rear shock (dying to track test it).
Anyways, can one of our close friends of Kerry please contact him to try another group buy? ...You never know, times change and values change, and the cost of conventional fuels constantly rises, so there may be a greater niche these days for a 19 year tested/ proven fuel-friendly scooter.?.
I'm jus' sayin' I hope he'll consider another run of his proudly American made, seemingly high-quality product. It was a REAL bummer to have read all the threads on this excellent exhaust system, only to learn that it's no longer available.
t-rav_12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #139
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rav_12 View Post
My first post here too... Hi, all! I think I have finally read all of the threads here on this Area P exhaust. I want 1 too!! Standard (shorty 12"), Carbon Fiber, Jet Kit, filters/ breathers, dyno test/ tune port, the works. This commuter will eventually become a dedicated track bike. I just started taking my '06 commuter to the track (Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas) and have fallen in love with this bike all over again. Just bought/ installed a Works rear shock (dying to track test it).
Anyways, can one of our close friends of Kerry please contact him to try another group buy? ...You never know, times change and values change, and the cost of conventional fuels constantly rises, so there may be a greater niche these days for a 19 year tested/ proven fuel-friendly scooter.?.
I'm jus' sayin' I hope he'll consider another run of his proudly American made, seemingly high-quality product. It was a REAL bummer to have read all the threads on this excellent exhaust system, only to learn that it's no longer available.
Travis, your best bet is to start another group buy thread and gain a list of interested members.. Then email Kerry with your list of names and see if he can do a limited production.
I have the carbon fiber quiet core and love it. Good luck.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #140
t-rav_12
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 2-Fitty (DD Commuter); '05 Ninja 2-Fitty (Track CCS#112); '94 YZF 7-FittyR (Missile/Backroad Bomber)

Thanx, Rick.

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:09 AM   #141
el250
no such thing as ninjette

Name: AP

Motorcycle(s): (2) 1987 EX250E2, 1989 EL250B3, 1991 EL250E1, (3) 2005 EX250F19, 2007 EX250F7F, soon to add more..

I'd be in for two systems if you get a new group buy going.
el250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 02:48 AM   #142
t-rav_12
ninjette.org member

I've contacted Mr. Bryant, and we ONLY need 10 orders to make this happen. I'm getting ready to leave for 2 weeks on vacation, but when I return, I intend to approach this thing aggressively. I own 2 li'l ninjas(1 street commuter/ 1 track) and will be using 2 of these excellent exhaust systems. EL250, please do your homework to be sure this is what you want. I'm considering taking a loan and buying the necessary 10 systems, but as a "thank you" to Mr. Bryant and his awesome family-owned company, I was gonna purchase an additional system, totaling 11. I remember reading about 1 of the previous group buy customers having a real headache with fitment of his system, and while I know Mr. Bryant clearly remembers this instance and will personally ensure proper fitment of each system, I am also personally gonna dry-fit (no crushed gaskets/ no running motor) each and every system to my own bike. I will find any potential problems, so nobody else will, and to ensure that everybody is 100% happy with their product. I AM NOT looking to make $$ on this deal. I just want 2 of these rare, newer technology systems. Seems like the last time an exhaust mfr did flow/ back pressure testing was back in the late 80s/ early 90s since Kawi didn't change their platform for 19 years. Please help me keep this thread alive, even if YOU are not interested; maybe you have a friend that is. There are jillions of these li'l pre-gens running around. More after vaca. Thanx so much for your interest, EL250. I'll keep you posted. FYI, because this will be a special order made by request, it will take 1 1/2 - 2 months from my date of commitment (of 10 orders minimum) for delivery of the product. So we will need to be patient, but I assure you that it'll be worth the wait. Since I'm planning to come out of pocket for the entire order (yes, that's how bad I want 2 of these), I'd really like to have as many pre-commitments as possible.

Old September 1st, 2012, 06:29 AM   #143
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

I would get in on this if I could get the long quiet muffler, I have zero interest in a loud exhaust.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #144
lolibater

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R, 2011 Sprint GT

I'm interested if this will work with the ecotrons efi kit installed.

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #145
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolibater View Post
usually ECU work around the pipes, not the other way around.
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #146
lolibater

What I'm saying is that I already have the EFI kit installed. Idk if the installation of this exhaust kit would be unsuccessful due to that.

Specifically, in regards to the "Performance Kit" option.

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #147
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
yes, you just need to install more o2 sensor bunges in the new header. Then efi will tune for the exhaust and will be good

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #148
lolibater

So this kit does NOT retain the stock header?

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #149
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
So this kit does NOT retain the stock header?
Area P is a full exhaust system that has a different performance header and only goes into one exhaust can. It replaces the whole stock exhaust system

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #150
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Correct. The Area P exhaust system is a full system, meaning that it comes with headers and a can; everything from the exhaust ports back is new, hence it's a full system

I have no issues with O2 bungs in my Muzzy full system. Works great. Just let Kerry know where you want the bungs (show him pictures) and he'll likely be able to do that for you so all you have to do is install the exhaust system and screw in your sensors.

The catch is, this system is still not being made, so it depends on if this second short-term GB goes through or not I guess. Your best bet is to chat with Kerry about it and see what the two of you can work out. I've heard nothing but good things about the customer service at AP, so give it a shot!!

Old September 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #151
lolibater

Ok cool. Just checking in on that. I'll give him a message to see if he would have an issue providing 2 bungs on one of the potential group buy kits.

Old September 20th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #152
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I know that he actually welded the bung into greg737's mid-pipe for his custom EFI conversion. It worked really well with the exhaust system, and was done by Area P, so you know it was done up to their standards and the fit finish was great as well.

Old September 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #153
gophurr
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r SE, 2007 Daytona 675

In case no one noticed, this group buy is over a year old. He also talks about o2 bungs for the exhaust on page 1, post #8.

Old September 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #154
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yes @gophurr we noticed. Reference post 142, and you'll know about the current situation. There's a possibility that this might happen again since other members have shown interest.

I personally am not looking to buy another exhaust system right now, but I've heard/seen the quiet core system in person and am very impressed with it.

Old September 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #155
gophurr
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r SE, 2007 Daytona 675

If this happens, it might be easier to create a new group buy thread instead of building off this one to avoid confusion between old and new gb. That way the first post is editable.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:47 AM   #156
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

I'd love to have one made up with a can that's gonna piss off all my neighbors within 2 miles and shatter ear drums. That'd rule.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #157
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

How much $$$$. I might be in for a set.
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #158
rabies
time is running out....

Name: jesse

Motorcycle(s): pregen ninjari

got mine. its super loud. sounds like a dirtbike. when your really get into it it sounds nice

Old October 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #159
lolibater

I would be in for 1.

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #160
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

I may be interested depending on the price?