ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old June 5th, 2015, 05:14 AM   #1
RustyShackleford
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Ebay cheap $$$ rearsets!! Good bad???

Hey how does everyone feel about these cheap rearsets for my 09? I went down in malibu and broke my rearset. Itll probably happen again so i dont want $400 sets. My feet say no but my wallet says yes! Please let me know if these are worth it, i figure its less critical part than some other components. I would never skimp on tires or chain etc but how you guys feelin about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.9 KB, 53 views)
RustyShackleford is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2015, 05:19 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Howard!

No experience with those, sorry.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2015, 05:27 AM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
give'em a go, they are probably just as functional but perhaps not as durable in some respects. That can be a good thing though, if your rearsets are not folders sometimes it can be for the best that they bust off when you crash as it can save stress on the frame.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #4
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

I bought those for my race bike. I had to send them back because of 2 flaws. First issue. They were too close to the frame. I did correct this by purchasing some 3/4" aluminum spacers for about 10 dollars on Amazon. But you also have to get longer screws. This was on both sides, BTW. Second problem was the foot pegs were too short. Amazing what about 3/4" mean to foot position.

If it weren't for those two things, I would have kept them. I didn't feel like searching for some pegs to fit. They look great. And unlike the Woodcrafts that I bought that cost almost twice as much, all of the hardware to install them come in the box. With WC, you have to scavenge your stock pegs.

If you are willing to try to make them work, they definitely can. Just be prepared to search for stainless bolts long enough and getting the spacers.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #5
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Welcome, Mr. Gribble
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #6
Devita818
ninjette.org member

Name: Eli

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

I have those rearsets and there are a few probems that I had with them aswell.

1) You have to go threw each one of there screws with locktite otherwise youll end up like me loosing the bolt that holds on the shifter rod in the middle of a ride rendering your shifter useless

2) The spring for the rear brake actuator that comes with the kit is horribly designed and will take abit of time and tinkering to work correctly

3) the worst part of these rear sets is the foot position on the shifter side first the shifter knob is tiny and way to close to your kickstand it makes it so that you have to search for your shifter. secondly because of how small the rod and knob are it makes it uncomfortable and almost hurts your toes and foot to shift with soft shoes

ohhhhh yeah and it didn't fit with my tire hugger but it does look good though

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post
Hey how does everyone feel about these cheap rearsets for my 09? I went down in malibu and broke my rearset. Itll probably happen again so i dont want $400 sets. My feet say no but my wallet says yes! Please let me know if these are worth it, i figure its less critical part than some other components. I would never skimp on tires or chain etc but how you guys feelin about this?
Devita818 is offline   Reply With Quote