ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #1
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Rain + Pre-Gen Ninja...

I was wondering anyone here with a pre gen ninja has this same problem. Anytime I'm out and it's raining, or the road is still wet from rain, my feet get completely soaked. I've noticed the reason is the way the water is sprayed off the front tire and how it comes off the front fender. My bike doesn't have a lower fairing so maybe that might be the cause. It's really annoying, and I wondered if there is some kind of trick, or something that can be done. The only trick i've found so far, is to keep two walmart plastic bags in my backpack to put over my socks and then put my shoes on....
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #2
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Waterproof full length boots?
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #3
tcbmellowd
Kawakaze

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): 09 Blue Ninja 250

Sit indian style and clutchless shift like the pros.

Otherwise, you can buy waterproof motorcycle boot covers in the $15-30 range.

Mods:|Progrip 728 Blue Aluminum Grips|Custom LED Integrated Tail Light|Flushmount Turn Signals| Fender Chop|CBR250 Hugger|ProGrip Rim Tape|Blue CF Vinyl Seat Covers|
tcbmellowd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
2 things, seriously... Rain sucks without good rain gear, anything less... and there is nothing you can do.

It starts with your pants. Water resistant or waterproof pants that go OVER your water resistant or waterproof boots. The reason they go over, is to keep the water from just draining into your boot from your leg.

If your riding with your sneakers, get yourself a nice pair of water proof gore-tex at the very least.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #5
azian4lifz
ninjette.org member

Name: pat

Motorcycle(s): none at the moment. previous owner of a 2005 Ninja 250

yooooo you need to upgrade to them CROCS SHOES YA FEEL ME

but on the real u shud just double layer your plastic bag if ur gonna be riding with 1 might as well upgrade to 2 ya know but yea or get rain boots !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1gsmd4.jpg (11.7 KB, 76 views)

Old October 12th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #6
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Get some better boots

Old October 13th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #7
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by az3200 View Post
...........My bike doesn't have a lower fairing so maybe that might be the cause. It's really annoying, and I wondered if there is some kind of trick, or something that can be done......
My 2007 doesn't have a lower fairing either, but I don't have much of that problem because I keep my toes as back on the pegs as possible.

These are in sale for $15 and are much better than those plastic bags that don't prevent the leather to get soaked, which will ruin it.

Tornado Waterproof Overboots

This are waterproof boots and size 10 are for sale now in $25:
http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/B...39750_59409_10

These will stop water from flooding your boots from above:
http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/O...327_59409_1936
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #8
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by azian4lifz View Post
yooooo you need to upgrade to them CROCS SHOES YA FEEL ME

but on the real u shud just double layer your plastic bag if ur gonna be riding with 1 might as well upgrade to 2 ya know but yea or get rain boots !!
those would match my bike. I like.

In all seriousness, I'll just have to deal with it. Will probably get some waterproof sneakers/boots. It's my first bike so I wasn't sure if this was something the commonly happens to all bikes or not. Just annoying, because here in central FL everything is spread out and far. You might leave the house and it's sunny but by the time you're at your destination, (even if it's not raining anymore) the roads might be soaked, ....and so are my feet.

A new trick i learned is putting my feet up above the front turn signals and tucking them resting them on the fairings. It's actually quite comfortable for about 2 minutes.
az3200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #9
azian4lifz
ninjette.org member

Name: pat

Motorcycle(s): none at the moment. previous owner of a 2005 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by az3200 View Post
those would match my bike. I like.

In all seriousness, I'll just have to deal with it. Will probably get some waterproof sneakers/boots. It's my first bike so I wasn't sure if this was something the commonly happens to all bikes or not. Just annoying, because here in central FL everything is spread out and far. You might leave the house and it's sunny but by the time you're at your destination, (even if it's not raining anymore) the roads might be soaked, ....and so are my feet.

A new trick i learned is putting my feet up above the front turn signals and tucking them resting them on the fairings. It's actually quite comfortable for about 2 minutes.
haha i didn't even notice. well in virginia it's just cold as hell so i'm pretty sure i rather be in FL man!

lol i just stand on the pegs to stretch my legs !!

yo dude are you going to MMI for motorcycles cuz you are down in orlando??