ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 21st, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1
lambxchopps
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Charlotte

Motorcycle(s): 1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250ex

Can't start my bike

I know that if I search long enough I will find the answer to my question but the forums won't load for me at the moment.

I recently bought a 1993 Ninja 250 that had been sitting for almost 2 years. The guy I bought it from told me that it ran fine just needed a bit of "TLC". So I've been giving it just that and honestly, I really don't know what I'm doing. My mom is an automotive mechanic so she's been helping me out a LOT.

When I got the bike the meter mount or gauge thing was broken (along with a few other things) so it was removed and fixed by plastic welding. We found that it had been "fixed" before and it had what looked like JB weld all over the inside with duct tape. When we had put it back on the bike the oil and neutral lights had been switched (oops).

I also removed the fuel tank to check on the air box and carburetors and to do a radiator flush because the coolant reservoir was black inside. I also decided to "clean" the bike with some gentle degreaser. I'm pretty sure I sprayed everything I wasn't supposed to.

When I put everything back "together" I think I may have forgotten where one of the fuel tank hoses attached to. There are 3 hoses that lay underneath the seat: one is closed off, one is short (assuming it is the breather) and the third is long and just laying there. :/ (not in that order)..... When I try to start the bike up it sounds like its trying to turn on. Trying REALLY hard to. It sounds like its right about to start then doesn't. Last night when I tried to start it, it sounded like someone shot a M16 next to my face. It scared the hell out of me. I'm assuming thats backfire.

My question is, after the essay, why won't my bike start? I think it may have to do with the curious center hose on the fuel tank, or maybe my spark plugs? I can't seem to find a decent diagram of the hoses that makes sense. But as I said before, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll appreciate any help I can get. Thanks... and sorry for the long story.

p.s. the guy I bought the bike from had the carbs cleaned before I bought it.

I'm just lost
lambxchopps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

This thread should help with the hose routing.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote