ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Rev'it! gear?

I need some hot weather overpants for commuting, and one of the top contenders at this point is from Rev'it, which I have no experience with. Any opinions? Specifically looking at the Tornado pants, http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...ado_pants.html

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #2
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

looks like it flows a ton of air, i say go for it.

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #3
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Rev'it is quality gear.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #4
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Revit is great gear(in my opinion)!!! With that being said, I read somewhere the Revit Sand pair of pants will destroy your paint which looks similar to the one you posted. If they have the same black nonslippery material in the crotch area you should probably watch out.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #5
five10
ninjette.org member

Name: Nasty

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ebony Ninja 300

I'd check them out in person first. I tried on a whole battery of overpants at Scuderia (local moto shop), and I didn't like any of them.

While they looked great online, they fit horribly in person.

Old June 1st, 2013, 09:26 PM   #6
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R and '13 ZX-6R

I have these TourMaster's for commuting here in the wonderful FL sumemr heat and they work well

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

Old June 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #7
eyeheartny
ninjette.org member

Name: N

Motorcycle(s): None yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
Revit is great gear(in my opinion)!!! With that being said, I read somewhere the Revit Sand pair of pants will destroy your paint which looks similar to the one you posted. If they have the same black nonslippery material in the crotch area you should probably watch out.
Whoa...do you have more details on this? I'm looking at a range of Rev'It pants for commuting use and don't want to get any that will mess up the paint.

Old June 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #8
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartny View Post
Whoa...do you have more details on this? I'm looking at a range of Rev'It pants for commuting use and don't want to get any that will mess up the paint.
Oh sorry it was the Turbine pants which seems to be discontinued.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-turbine-pants

Here is the review:

Fairing scratchersJune 20, 2010
D.S.
From NYC
I was excited about getting these pants. They were my first pair of motorcycle pants and I paid a bundle for them. However, they are a disaster on fairings. I ride a sport-touring bike and now have to spend hundreds of dollars replacing fairings, because the material that covers the knee armor is like sand-paper to plastic fairings. At first, I thought it must be something wrong with my bike, because I couldn't imagine that supposedly high-end specialty motorcycle pants would damage a motorcycle. So I went to two dealers - who both told me they had never seen that happen before. I have been thinking of upgrading my bike and so I went to the Honda dealer to see if it was a positioning issue with my bike (Kawi Ninja 650R). I explained what had happened with my fairings and showed the dealership's owner my bike. He was quite surprised. I put the pants on and sat on a showroom CBR 600 to see if the body position or fairing layout differences would matter. When I got up we realized that the pants had already scratched both the fairings on the new CBR! He was furious! It took him a few minutes to settle down and I thought he was going to kick me out the store! He said burn those pants on don't sit on anymore bikes! He said that they are a disaster, because he saw for himself that all I did was sit on the bike and the damage occurred. So these pants cost him $150 x 2 fairings, and me $322 x 2 fairings (I'll discount one, becuase it has previous damage) - not to mention the cost of buying them in the first place and now shipping them back.
What a disaster! On top of that, I bought the Sirocco jacket and now have no pants. The irony is that what I really needed and still need are riding pants! I ended up buying the jacket and boots to go with or accommodate these pants. I'm very disappointed.
No, I do not recommend this product.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote