ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1
woofer987
Causual Browser

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Got Pulled over...

I got pulled over today, I was riding to school at 6:30 am and the car in front of me had slowed down very quickly and made me watch him more than I did the light. At the end of a bend was a traffic light. Just before I went through the light I looked up and it was red. FML. He was nice though, I had explained that the car in front of me was slowing unintentionally and he had understood that, so he only gave me a warning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131002_063731.jpg (44.7 KB, 49 views)

Old October 4th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #3
caineroad
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja SE

good cop
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i'm confused. car in front of you slows down for a red light and you passed him without seeing the light?

nice cop.

Old October 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i'm confused. car in front of you slows down for a red light and you passed him without seeing the light?

nice cop.
Dont think that was it. the car in front of him slowed down really quickly for no apparent reason causing him to focus on the car, instead of the car and the light causing him to catch the red light late and he blew threw it behind the car.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #6
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
so the car came around the corner too hot, saw the red light, hit the brakes but it was too late, ran the red light going slow... and he was behind him going too fast around the corner tailgating, slammed on his brakes behind the guy slowing for the red light, then focused on the car so much he didn't notice they were both running a red light? and then the cop only pulled over him and only gave him a warning?

that corner sounds like it was not engineered properly

Old October 15th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #7
azian4lifz
ninjette.org member

Name: pat

Motorcycle(s): none at the moment. previous owner of a 2005 Ninja 250

wow I wish all cops were as nice but what a lucky moment

Old November 14th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #8
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

lol yeah lucky was riding with my little brother the other day doing 70 on a 8 lane highway thats marked for 50 -_- topped a hill and saw 2 motorcycle cops. i slowed before they could see me but my brother didnt see em and he didnt slow down till we where right up on both of em...

they put the radar down and freaking gave use the 2 down peace signs!!!!! i tripped out!

Old November 14th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #9
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer987 View Post
........I was riding to school at 6:30 am and the car in front of me had slowed down very quickly and made me watch him more than I did the light. At the end of a bend was a traffic light. Just before I went through the light I looked up and it was red..........I had explained that the car in front of me was slowing unintentionally and he had understood that, so he only gave me a warning.
The explanation and the warning are alright, but consider that a hypothetical truck running the green light and colliding with your justified trajectory and timing has nothing to do with your right reasons, the understanding LEO or the kind warning and could hypothetically deviate your future from a day at school to some time in a hospital, a long recovery and a bike to repair.

The point is that being right is not enough for riders and that you may need to work on predicting much more ahead in time and space than what the car ahead of you could do (which is what cagers generally do, but we must do better).

"What’s really important is to know what trouble looks like, and how to avoid riding into it.
.........Long-term survival demands that we look farther ahead, spot potential problems early, and just make small adjustments in line or speed to avoid a dangerous situation.
Frankly, if you’re still experiencing lots of close calls, you’re not using your brain enough.
..........It’s important to spot dynamic patterns that could lead to a collision, and take action soon enough to get out of the way. Veteran riders typically have few close calls because they have developed proficient mental skills." - David L. Hough
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.