ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #121
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
let me fix this for you, you seem to have trouble phrasing things:
I was talking about the ninja 250 on the freeway. It was not comfortable at all, and I was only on it for 5 minutes. Another thing is I have to roll on the throttle pretty hard to get it moving. If your goal is to make me look like i'm riding for looks than ok, I'll just say I am so that you can relax and stop posting in this thread.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #122
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5evenz View Post
Aaaahhhaaaaa,,, my mom literally vomited when i got my 250. cant imagine an R1

Ok so if you can control your throttle and the urge to go boom boom fast fast look into a Suzuki sv650, or for more styling a ninja 650 (sounds like your bored of the looks not the speed) maybe a big ol dual sport of some kind or some cafe'd old 500. all good choices. do your research.

there are lots of bikes out there designed as quick, comfortable and stylish commuters that are more than up to the task of ripping the twisty's a new one and wont fly through the back of that UPS truck in front of you when you sneeze and jerk the throttle but still have more getup and go than the 250.

in the right hands you'll whip past idiots on r1's, busa's and gixxers. If your boredom of the ninja stems from wanting a gixxer or r1 to fit in with the bros may aswell trade them boots and jacket for some nice flipflops and a beater.
I loved how the ninja 250 looked actually! I personally like it more than the 650. I'm not a big fan of dual sport, I had one for the MSF and that was only a 125cc or somewhere around there and it was still a bit tall for me.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #123
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
I was talking about the ninja 250 on the freeway. It was not comfortable at all, and I was only on it for 5 minutes. Another thing is I have to roll on the throttle pretty hard to get it moving. If your goal is to make me look like i'm riding for looks than ok, I'll just say I am so that you can relax and stop posting in this thread.
my goal is trying to prevent an uneducated, ego-crazed 15 year old kid from making horrible decisions that will lead to his death

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #124
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
my goal is trying to prevent an uneducated, ego-crazed 15 year old kid from making horrible decisions that will lead to his death
Take it easy man, you act like I'm forcing one of your kids to get on a ss

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #125
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i have seen people die from ego like the kind of ego you love to flash around. ego kills. and any biker killed by his own ego is a waste. so yes, i take it personally.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #126
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
nah, that pos is fugly. You see that broken tail light????? Chris should give me that ugly ol' thing and get himself a purty lil RSV4 or ZX10 to rip around the track on.
I am nowhere close to needing a liter bike. I watched the AMA races from last weekend on speed2. A gent riding a 600 pulled off a 1:29 lap time at mid-o, with an average speed of 97mph (that is a crazy fast lap time). I have a lot of work ahead of me to reach that pace.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #127
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
i have seen people die from ego like the kind of ego you love to flash around. ego kills. and any biker killed by his own ego is a waste. so yes, i take it personally.
You're right Alex, I am an ego-crazed teenager. Regardless of what you and others have told me I am going to go buy the 750 anyway. The only way to stop me is to do it physically. Don't waste your time trying to convince me.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #128
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Robert I don't know how you can possibly say the 250 is not fast enough for the street. When you first learned how to drive what car did you drive? The little ninjette is faster than most cars you'll encounter on your daily ride. You don't even have to try and you can get through traffic faster than any car.

I drive a slow ass Honda Fit and it makes a little over 100hp on a good day. So riding my 250 I feel like I am on a rocket and never feel like I need more power. Although, I do only weight 145lb. Are you a heavy set kid? Maybe you should consider loosing weight.

And did you ever even ride the bike up to redline? This little engine is purty quick for what it is. Maybe you should try clutchless up-shifting. It makes the bike feel quicker. I know I can't possibly use more power on the street.

And then there is your crash. I know when I crashed I had an epiphany. I realized I was no where near ready to move up to a bigger/faster bike. I couldn't even come close to being able to control the little 250. I had 5 months of riding under my belt when I crashed. I will probably keep my 250 for another 2 or 3 years, maybe even longer. And hopefully in that time I will have participated in a few trackdays.

I don't think you really want to learn to ride like some of us. You just want to be that guy with a fast bike who is in it for the looks. You want others to think you are some type of badass.

Maybe when you grow-up a little you will see how silly you are being. I think you should just get a cage and learn how to survive in that before you think about getting back on a motorcycle.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #129
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Robert, I've started typing replies to this thread multiple times but none of them seemed adequate.

I'm seeing a lot of contradicting statements from you. For example, you said that you feel "slow" on the bike. However, you got freaked out on your first and only freeway trip at 70-75 mph.

I remember freeways used to freak me out a lot. I felt super vulnerable. My best suggestion to you would be to stick to the 250 for a while. Get comfortable at higher speeds. You can try county roads where you usually can go up to 55 + mph without much traffic. Maybe trying different things than just street driving will make the experience more enjoyable to you?

But like others have said before, the types of riding you do would probably be boring on a bigger bike as well. Once the novelty wears off, that is.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #130
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Robert I don't know how you can possibly say the 250 is not fast enough for the street. When you first learned how to drive what car did you drive? The little ninjette is faster than most cars you'll encounter on your daily ride. You don't even have to try and you can get through traffic faster than any car.

I drive a slow ass Honda Fit and it makes a little over 100hp on a good day. So riding my 250 I feel like I am on a rocket and never feel like I need more power. Although, I do only weight 145lb. Are you a heavy set kid? Maybe you should consider loosing weight.

And did you ever even ride the bike up to redline? This little engine is purty quick for what it is. Maybe you should try clutchless up-shifting. It makes the bike feel quicker. I know I can't possibly use more power on the street.

And then there is your crash. I know when I crashed I had an epiphany. I realized I was no where near ready to move up to a bigger/faster bike. I couldn't even come close to being able to control the little 250. I had 5 months of riding under my belt when I crashed. I will probably keep my 250 for another 2 or 3 years, maybe even longer. And hopefully in that time I will have participated in a few trackdays.

I don't think you really want to learn to ride like some of us. You just want to be that guy with a fast bike who is in it for the looks. You want others to think you are some type of badass.

Maybe when you grow-up a little you will see how silly you are being. I think you should just get a cage and learn how to survive in that before you think about getting back on a motorcycle.
I started driving with a toyota rav4 and honestly even that felt faster. I red-lined the ninja the first day I got it because I thought that was the correct way of shifting lol. Yea, I also did clutch-less upshift and it made it more fun. I'm not too heavy lol 5'9 165 lbs and currently losing weight.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #131
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplante View Post
Robert, I've started typing replies to this thread multiple times but none of them seemed adequate.

I'm seeing a lot of contradicting statements from you. For example, you said that you feel "slow" on the bike. However, you got freaked out on your first and only freeway trip at 70-75 mph.

I remember freeways used to freak me out a lot. I felt super vulnerable. My best suggestion to you would be to stick to the 250 for a while. Get comfortable at higher speeds. You can try county roads where you usually can go up to 55 + mph without much traffic. Maybe trying different things than just street driving will make the experience more enjoyable to you?

But like others have said before, the types of riding you do would probably be boring on a bigger bike as well. Once the novelty wears off, that is.

Good luck whatever you decide!
I wasn't freaked out because of going 70 myself. It was the other cars, and in a car it always seemed much slower.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #132
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
robert. do what you want. but you posted a thread here asking for opinions. that is what you got. if you dont want those opinions, dont look at this thread.

i know making jokes about the massive squid youll become simply by buying a bigger bike makes you feel about your decisions. humor always makes things feel better. but dont kid yourself. you are making a stupid decision based on the facts you presented.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #133
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Quote:
I wasn't freaked out because of going 70 myself. It was the other cars, and in a car it always seemed much slower.
Fair enough, but regardless of the bike, the other cars will still be there if you know what I mean

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #134
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

This thread is worthless. None of us are going to sway a 15 year olds mind when he's already set on a bigger bike.

Quote:
But the thing is i'm 15 and I can't afford a car really and I definitely can't afford both..
BS on this. For how much our 250's cost you could buy a decent car, maybe nothing like the cool kids have, but a reliable car to get to point A to B.

Quote:
And this is true. Bikers are, for the most part, a family. No one wants to see a fellow rider go down which is why everyone is saying stick to learning on a 250. It only takes one mistake to cost you your life, the bigger the bike the less forgiving it is. And on a big bike you'll focus more on staying within your limits and not grabbing too much throttle/brake then you will actually learning.

Lets take your accident for example, if you were on a bigger bike and grabbed a hand full of brake in that same situation, there's a good chance you could've gone over the handlebars and been in a worse scenario. Anyone can tell themselves they'd know how to handle a situation, but you don't have crap for experience, you know how to ride in a straight line and take turns and not much more than that. And also, no 15 year old can drive a car on the road and be able to handle whatever comes their way, so being on a motorcycle is that much harder, as you've proven with your accident (that I guarantee could've been avoided).

Good luck to you kid. Just know that whatever happens to you, you're the one who has to live with the consequences..

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #135
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
That's what i'm wondering man.. I'm surprised that I got bored of it after only a month. I was bored of it before I totaled it lol. I'm not sure if I should buy another 250 or just upgrade
Everytime someone sells their 250 for a larger "CC" big, they overly use the term "Upgrade"!!!

To me, "Upgrade" means that you are getting a different bike, that more than likely "fit" your riding STYLE and riding USE.

I had my 250 for 3 yrs, before it was time for me to get a bike more fit for comfy 2UP riding, yet still be Fun as hell solo riding. ENTER the Ninja 650R!

Well, now after owning my 650R for 2 yrs, Im starting too think about getting a 2010+ Kawasaki Concours-14ABS!

Of course you need to find out and FIGURE in Insurance prices for what bike your thinking of getting. If your going for a "SUPERSPORT" 600cc bike, your gonna find out the Insurance p/yer will be close to DOUBLE (2x) what a SV650, or Ninja 650 would be.

As far as saying the 250 is slow and boring.... watch this Video.
http://youtu.be/Kz03sQeX02c

I MISS MY 250! I NEVER GOT TO TAKE IT TO GRATTAN RACEWAY...

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #136
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

How do you even have a motorcycle license at 15 1/2?

Also, who would even let you test ride a 650cc+ bike?

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #137
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

You're doing exactly what a new rider is expected to do.
Big motors dont hurt people...we do it ourselves and if you think you can control a bike that weight 100lbs more and a top end almost twice what the ninjette can do...why stop with a 750...?
I really wish you luck.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #138
rjones91
Pro Newbie

Name: Shanii

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Honda CBR 250r......2007 Ninja 250R (sold)

You are getting some really great advice from those who have been riding a lot longer than you. I too am a new rider and I can honestly say...I got the urge to buy bigger ONCE, but every time I make a mistake and don't go down or out of control, I thank my lucky stars the 250 is so forgiving. At the end of the day get what you want but if you have never gone more than 5mph over the speed limit...you have not tested the capabilities of the bike. My first time going 80 when I had a ninjette I was scared sh*tless, but after that I knew the bike could do exactly what I needed it to do. Get me from point A to point B, while enjoying it. Be safe on whatever you decide to buy.

PS...I went from one 250 to another 250 and I plan on staying with a 250 for as long as possible.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #139
Talon
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2012 ninja 650

All I can say is if you're dead set on a bigger bike, try Craigslist. Find an older 650 that someone has put a few miles in, modded and is now selling. Insurance will be cheaper than buying a brand new bike and there are tons of bikes in the LA / OC area especially since it's summer.

Be safe when riding. ATGATT!!!

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #140
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

here are some actually good options.

Yamaha WR250X
Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Suzuki SV650
Kawasaki Ninja 650

A GSXR 750 is an SS. You dont want an SS.... well maybe you do, but the power delivery is to much for a new rider like you. Do yourself a favor and get some more seat time before you get one of those...

Old July 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #141
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Having a fast bike won't make you fast
Riding a slow bike fast makes you fast.
Take it to the mountains or a track. You know little about riding until you've taken some curves. When me and my 250 are passing you and your 750 mid-corner, then you'll see what our bikes can do.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #142
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eduardo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r special edition

Quote:

You only ride for 2 min on the freeway you said you got off on the next exit....

Hmmm you kinda changing details along te way o this thread...

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #143
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eduardo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r special edition

Fuk this! Get it! Get the 650 go to the canyons and just goo fast! On the turns you'll be fine!! It's only a 3000ft drop..At angeles crest I'll just e pissed if they close it on a day I go PRACTICE!
(No need to learn or practice your skills)
Arcade motorcycle racing is supper easy....

Fck this thread..

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #144
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Hey kid, you're only going to hurt your developing riding skills on a SS bike. You've just got no idea how to ride. I regularly embarrass riders on super sport bikes of all sizes (600cc, 750cc, 1000cc). Why? They never learned how to ride twisty mountain back roads properly because their super sport bikes don't allow you to learn. They're a bike for those who already know. You know VERY little. Also, you're going to crash it and get hurt/die at such a young age. You've got no self control and have already been in an accident and admit to speeding. I'm a jack ass like you, but I realize this, so I stay on my 250 and ride like a lunatic. A faster bike is only going to land you in jail and paying lots of money to the states. A 250 already can do that easily! I got my first speeding ticket ever on the 250 within a week of ownership. It was for $200. The cop said he really should have nailed me with reckless & endangering and thrown me in jail. The young ass wipe in me says "yeah right, nobody was in danger and I wasn't being reckless", but now that I sit here I'm thinking, was he right...?

Also, you can't afford a larger bike than a 250. Unless if you want your life to be nothing than your bike, you just can't. I make really good money at my job for a 19 year old. I'm bringing in $100 a week less than my mother, and she didn't start making that kind of cash until she was in her 40s. Only two of my peers make similar money to me by working legitimately. The rest all have to sell drugs to make the money I bring in from my job. Anything more expensive than the 250 and I'd be flat broke. Tires for larger bikes wear out much faster and cost a lot more, you'll use more gas/higher octane which costs a lot more, maintenance intervals are much more often and more intensive on a larger bike compared to the 250. Unless you are prepared to work on a super sport (you aren't, you will **** everything up to holy high hell and have a bike totaled by your incompetence) by yourself you're going to be paying OUT THE ASS to bring it to a dealer to have it serviced. On a 250 you can let certain maintenance intervals stretch more miles. On a super sport bike not following the maintenance guidelines laid out by the manufacturer can cost you your life. Insurance for a super sport you DEFINITELY cannot afford. So you'll be riding around uninsured. Who the hell is going to pay those bills? You're screwing over the rest of us in society who work had for this **** by riding uninsured. Oh, excise taxes too. Sure, I could afford a super sport, but then I couldn't afford rent, or food, or my phone, or school, or gas to enjoy the thing, or partying, or taking my lovely girlfriend out on fun and romantic evenings. Nothing screams loser like a homeless kid who does nothing but ride his motorcycle. Chicks don't dig bikes like they used to. Or the homeless. Well, skanky riff raff does. The girls you wanna be chasing go for responsible bad boys like myself whom work hard, then play even harder.

Stick to a 250, spode boy! I think you've got no idea what it means to own a vehicle, let alone a motorcycle. Maybe get a job and start doing things on your own and you'll realize what a maroon you sound like right now. It sounds like your parents bought you your 250. You should be happy with what you've got for once and appreciate it.

In fact, with your attitude, it sounds like the only thing you need to be near is a Toyota Prius, or the public transport bus. Builds character.

However, if some irresponsible asswipe approves of this idea and helps you out, include me in the will! I'll gladly take the totaled mess of a GSXR750 off their hands so they don't need a reminder of their dead son hanging around for long. I'll forward the costs of parting it out to your parents for your funeral. Funerals are expensive, just like super sports.

Too long; didn't read? Read it, dumb-ass. Maybe I can talk some sense into you that might save your life and those around you that care about you a whole lot of heart ache.

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #145
hirubhaiambani
Ninjette Fanboy

Name: HB

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250

My :2cents:

I think Robert knows what he is doing (just like other 15 year olds). By now he has a fair idea what people here think.

And maybe Robert knows his limits?? Although considering his age, I doubt it. At around 15-16, I had a massive crush on Hayabusa and I wanted it so bad. When I turned 18 and got a drivers license (legal driving age in India). At that point, Suzuki was selling only 100 and 125cc bikes in India. So, I went to test drive the Hayabusa at a motorcycle importer in Mumbai. He shooed me away and told me to come back which I had bigger b*lls, brains and money. Thats my Hayabusa story.

Personally, I dont think I will be ready for a bigger displacement bike until I am convinced that I have completely mastered my Ninjette and have the necessary skill and experience for a bigger bike. This will take a while and I am perfectly content with waiting and learning. Afterall, my family and friends love me, so no matter how much I hate myself, I won't make stupid decisions just because of the people around me.

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #146
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

This thread is going nowhere, but I do know where he is going.

Gonna keep my eye on the obituaries.

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #147
austinm911
ninjette.org member

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Hey Robert, I got my 250r at age 16. Guess what, I still have it at 18 years old.

Everything you have said is total crap. Initially when I entered the thread I was going to be nice, but you're obviously a total asshat. So I'm going to be one to you.

You totaled your bike? Good, now get a car because you're obviously not ready for a motorcycle. You're bored of the power? You're full of crap because I've had my Ninja for two years and I'm as fast as 600cc and liter bikes in the mountains. I commute 50 miles on days I work, which is about 40 minutes of FWY riding. The bike is awesome for FWY riding. I ride 90 indicated, easily and comfortably (5'10 165lb.)

You want to get a GXR or R1 eh? You totaled your bike. How are you going to afford a $10,000 motorcycle + the EXPENSIVE insurance that comes with a 15 year old on one who already totaled a bike?

You're a moron. You think you can handle that bike with only a month of experience? LOL.

I've ridden a BMW SS1000R on the track before. Trust me, a 250r has plenty of power.

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #148
hirubhaiambani
Ninjette Fanboy

Name: HB

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250

I must say, this is a pretty popular thread. Seems like this forum is full of people with golden hearts who want Robert to go the safe, tried and tested route to become a good motorcyclist. And, especially since he might end up on the wrong side of the law or at the hospital the way he is thinking right now. Good job guys, you all rock!

Old July 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #149
Talon
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2012 ninja 650

We all gotta look out for each other.

I hope Robert realizes that what sounds like hate is really just tough love.

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #150
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

time to go to track and learn what you didn't actually learn.

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #151
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

I've seen a lot of people and friend's not receive any sound advice in their lives and end up learning the hard lesson (death). My closest friend had to learn this lesson at the age of 14 (I was only 16 at the time). It was far too soon for him. He truly was brilliant and mature for a 14 year old, but not quite there yet and he couldn't see the bigger picture. He died in such a stupid way with another friend of his. I don't even want to post about what it is. Two 14 year olds with their whole lives ahead of them left dead because of one terrible decision. I miss him every day.

Take it from those who have seen people get crushed, maimed, bled out on the side of the road, and turned their bodies into unrecognizable messes that not even their mothers could identify from making poor decisions. Take it easy. You're 15. You have a lot of growing up to do. You've already been in an accident, which is flirting with death. At 15 riding a motorcycle on the street was barely a thought in my head. Sure, I looked forward to it, but I wasn't going to act on it until the time was right. I was more concerned with seeing my friend's, chasing girls, playing paintball, doing good in school and riding my MX bike at that age.

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #152
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

Jiggles this is for you big homie!

the 250 is "too slow" too slow.... just let this Child's parents buy him a bigger bike, so the next time he does some thing like drive through a yellow (which is against the law in the first place) his rich parents can use some of their wealth to buy a bucket shaped casket to scoop his young ass into... if the ninja 250 is boring you, and you T BONED IT INTO A ****ING CAR then ask your parents to take you to chuck E Cheese, because you are WAY too childish to be on a bike, and if your parents buy you a second bike they should have their custody put into question.

now that im done talking to you as a man, ill give you some advice as a fellow ninja.

you are young, at your age i was street racing and doing tones of other STUPID things. i never wrecked, but that doesnt mean ****. you need to wait intill your body stops pumping chemicals around before you go up above a 250. if you want a faster 250, get a pre gen. as of last week i have gotten my pre gen up to 117 mph. and the only after market mod i have is a full muzzy. i have light to light a few cagers and left them in the dust, the ninjette is plenty of bike. i think your problem is this, you didnt buy it, mommy or daddy bought it, there for you dont appreciate it. so your bored. ill give you an example, little rich kid screams and cries for a xbox 360 till he finally gets it, then he gets bored after a week or 2 and then does the same thing for a ps3, then a gaming computer, and it keeps going. your not bored of the bikes capabilities , your bored of this "toy" mommy and daddy bought. grab you a job, save up 1.5k and buy a pre gen, stay off bikes till then. i bet you wont be bored then.

Good luck kid, please dont make the wrong decision, cuz i would hate to see you go inactive on the forums for the wrong reason X_X

B.T.W. here is the yellow light law.

: Steady circular yellow signal. A driver facing a steady circular yellow signal light is thereby warned that the related right of way is being terminated and that a red or flashing red light will be shown immediately. A driver facing the light shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, shall stop before entering the marked crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if there is no marked crosswalk, then before entering the intersection. If a driver cannot stop in safety, the driver may drive cautiously through the intersection.)

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #153
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

I got my ninja was I was 17(now 19), and when I was 18 my parents got me an r6. There is nothing good that comes from having a big bike at such a young age. You're going to tell them every time you go out that you'll be responsible, and as much as you want to be its just so damn easy to speed. Given your history on a motorcycle I would really suggest that you don't go for a larger bike (especially the 750 that you want)

Old July 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #154
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I am nowhere close to needing a liter bike. I watched the AMA races from last weekend on speed2. A gent riding a 600 pulled off a 1:29 lap time at mid-o, with an average speed of 97mph (that is a crazy fast lap time). I have a lot of work ahead of me to reach that pace.
holy sh!t yes that is nutz!! I reckon that's like half of my lap times... 1:29 is just stupid fast! Props to that dude.

Old July 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #155
Goom
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 1976 CB550 Cafe, 2011 Ninja 250, 1999 Honda CR125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
I have a 15 1/2 yo son
I would have never guessed you were old enough to have a kid that old.

Old July 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #156
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Am I a badass or what?
no...a dumbass.

Old July 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #157
Drdoonta
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

Im 20 and have my ninja havent been riding it for long tho and yes i get bored but then i remember i have a redline, i too wish i had a big ss but then i remember id be dead in a few months and lucky for me in australia ur restricted to small bikes for 3 years haha hopefully u really dont end up getting anything powerful as it wont end well.
I nearly had the same kind of accident but i was paying attention and was able to stop yet if i was on a 600cc+ i doubt i could of gotten out of that situation yet alone be alive right now. Listen to everyone i wanna impress chicks with a mean bike but i still prefer my life

Old July 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #158
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goom View Post
yeah, i thought she was in her mid 20s

Old July 18th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #159
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
holy sh!t yes that is nutz!! I reckon that's like half of my lap times... 1:29 is just stupid fast! Props to that dude.
My best lap was a 1:39. Following the guy with the dreads (control rider). Was skeered to death the entire lap and a half. Riding at 100% of my skill, felt like even more.

EDIT: Hard to believe that my normal pace of a 1:42 lap time, means the difference between riding at 85% of ability vs. 100%.

Old July 19th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #160
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goom View Post
Haha, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
yeah, i thought she was in her mid 20s
Um...I am...I had him when I was...5? LOL jk

I have another son, and he's 13 1/2. He's the one already asking if he can learn on my bike when he's old enough (and Mommy said yes )

Closed Thread