Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Knox Hand Armour

Hey I was just perusing the sportbiketrackgear.com site and saw this:

A new offering of "gloves" by Knox. For those of you that don't know, Knox is a leading manufacturer of armor. I have their Aegis back protector and it's top quality stuff.

In any case, I present this to everyone here because of the super cool "lacing" system they use. You just turn a knob and it tightens itself...no more pesky velcro flapping around in the wind after becoming undone!!

Here's a link to a bunch of videos for their various models of gloves. Once I find some decent riding pants, I'll probably be buying up a pair of their mid-range gloves....Biomech i think they're called.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6967

Enjoy....and post feedback if you own a pair!
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #2
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Looks like something Kiss would have worn

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #3
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

i was interested til i saw the price
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #4
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Looks like the thumb tip is exposed!
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #5
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Dude, those are like full on cyborg gloves. That's so cool I just wish they were in my price range. Although, even if I could afford them, I don't think I can legally get anything with Kangaroo leather in California anyways
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKlein3004 View Post
i was interested til i saw the price
LOL yea the Handroid model is on par with the higher end Held gloves and the A* GP Plus gloves. The most interesting part about those gloves (for me, anyway), is the fact that they're using the hard plastic bits as the first line of defense against both impact and abrasion damage (hence the palm sliders). This differs with other gloves in the sense that other manufacturers tend to beef up the leather to handle the abrasion, while they just stick on carbon/kevlar bits to help with impact.

The price IS steep, though. Can't beat the cool "WTF" factor, though.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #7
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I'm diggin the smoke rising from them but the gloves themselves look goofy.

Old February 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #8
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Dude, those are like full on cyborg gloves. That's so cool I just wish they were in my price range. Although, even if I could afford them, I don't think I can legally get anything with Kangaroo leather in California anyways
That's exactly what I was thinking. Strange looking tubes going to the knuckles.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #9
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

So way very cool.

Old February 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #10
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
I don't think I can legally get anything with Kangaroo leather in California anyways
Why not? They aren't endangered. I've never heard of any trade restrictions regarding kangaroo products. If you know of any, please let us know.

FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_leather

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #11
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

i might look more into them if i start hitting up the track. Get these, full boots, and a full suit and use them for the track and just have my joe rockets for the street
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #12
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post
Why not? They aren't endangered. I've never heard of any trade restrictions regarding kangaroo products. If you know of any, please let us know.

FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_leather
Ah, I remember running across a couple of sites that said they couldn't ship anything with kangaroo leather to California a while back because it was banned or something. I think it was when I was looking at some gloves from Spartan Leathers but it might have been some shoes or something. I don't remember. I didn't really look into it, but it stood out to me because I didn't know they prohibited something like that.

After looking it up though, it looks like that ban was lifted in 2008, so yeah, your right. Wouldn't be a problem after all. Still can't afford them though >_<
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #13
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Ah, I remember running across a couple of sites that said they couldn't ship anything with kangaroo leather to California a while back because it was banned or something. I think it was when I was looking at some gloves from Spartan Leathers but it might have been some shoes or something. I don't remember. I didn't really look into it, but it stood out to me because I didn't know they prohibited something like that.

After looking it up though, it looks like that ban was lifted in 2008, so yeah, your right. Wouldn't be a problem after all. Still can't afford them though >_<
I'd never heard of that, thanks. I know that some of the high end gloves use kangaroo leather, but I don't think I was paying attention to those when the ban was in place.

Keep your eyes on e-bay for good prices. I've been lucky enough to get two pairs of new Joe Rocket Speedmaster 6.0 gloves from a couple of different stores that were clearing old inventory on e-bay. I paid less than half price for each. You just have to wait for the right deal.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #14
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Thats funny cause I own these didn't have a problem getting them into CA. Best gloves ever. alpine stars don't even touch them.