ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old January 21st, 2017, 05:37 AM   #1
britx303
ninjette.org member

Name: AJK

Motorcycle(s): TOOOOOO MANY!!

Pregen Jet kit/pods

Before I hit fleabay......anyone have a stage3 pregen factorypro jetkit floating around and maybe some K&N pods. Thanks
britx303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2017, 05:45 AM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Gosh, I still can't get over how silly the whole aftermarket convention of "stage 1" vs "stage 2" thing is...

Here. Try this page out. The factory jets on your bike are 38 slow get and 105 main jet, IIRC. http://jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_street/...1988-2007.html

Buy a +1 size slow jet and main jets 108-112 or 108-115 if it makes you feel better. The genuine jets are good, so are the oem equivalent ones.

Then get a package of SAE #4 washers to adjust your needle height.

Then get a small plastic container with dividers from Menards to contain all the little jets in an organized fashion.

it's not hard.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2017, 05:55 AM   #3
britx303
ninjette.org member

This isnt one of my main racebikes and im looking to keep it simple.Jet kits do that nicely.Its just nice sometimes to bolt on what someone else has done the footwork on instead of reinventing the wheel.Ive already made the full exhaust for the thing and not looking to do much more with daytona coming up and the 3 main bikes still needing a few more things.The 250 I use for letting newbies try out racing before the complete commitment of building a racebike.But thanks for the info

Old January 21st, 2017, 06:04 AM   #4
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
...uhhh, it's the same thing you'll have to do with a jet kit. They give you a whole spread of jets and a set of fancy needles, then tell you how to go through the tuning process. It will literally be no different for you, the tuner, or for the end user.

Old January 21st, 2017, 06:13 AM   #5
britx303
ninjette.org member

Youre a bit far from my house for me to have pissed in your cheerios. What the hells up with your attitude? This isnt in a forum discussing whether or not jet kits are great or are for posers acting like racers or whatever.Its in a section for people looking for "items wanted".I dont really care for your opinion or experience or what ever bullshit your trying to prove here by puffing out your chest.So F u c k off

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old January 21st, 2017, 07:06 AM   #6
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Friendly reminder. You agreed to these when you created a profile here: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/faq....#faq_actualtos

Old January 21st, 2017, 07:36 AM   #7
britx303
ninjette.org member

So you dont really have anything to add here thats positive. Gotcha. So this is how this site works?? Lame.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:03 AM   #8
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well... I offered up an option that was cheaper, easier, and literally the same thing as a jet kit to help with your search and your response was to **** off. So, yeah that's about all I got.

Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:50 AM   #9
britx303
ninjette.org member

Seriously? I didnt tell you to f*ck off right away. Beginning in your first post however you were condecending and arrogant from the start.I even gave a thanks for your info regardless of you coming off as an ass,but you didnt stop there.Thats when you got the f*ck off. My point is Factorypro has a good product thats altogether in one box.....instant gratification that im good with paying a little more than if i was to order each piece separately.Been there-done that,with countless racebikes/streetbikes.I dont mind chumping out and just getting a FP kit for this bike in particular,and thought if a ninjette member had a kit in a pile of their spares etc.,I could have kept it in the ninjette community.Clearly this place doesnt work that way.

Old January 22nd, 2017, 10:46 AM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
At ease gentlemen...

britx, Chris can be condescending at times, but this wasn't one of them. He has been here for years, is quite knowledgeable and I have spent time with him on and off track. Sure, he was trying to push you save a few pennies but that is a pretty lame reason to invoke the nuclear option and definately NOT how we roll here. Although it seems pretty normal for riders to be a bit more salty and full of piss n' vinegar during the off season.

So you're after a jet kit... complete kits come up for sale on here from time to time and there is nothing wrong with asking before hitting ebay. Maybe an ex racer that sold his/her bike and has an extra up on the shelf in the garage? As for this community, our most active members I would lump in the more "thrifty" column. So if you know specifically what size jets you are after, then you might get more of a response in the buy from a member area. I am also, pretty sure that many of us have extra shims (washers) laying around too.

Going one step further, this community doesn't seem to sling as many parts around as say... gixxer.com or r6forums.com as it is only a small fraction of what we do here.

Lastly, If you need a set of 105s, I think I have an extra set somewhere in my old tackle box. Lemme know if you want em... FREE.

Good luck sir!

ps... /relax bro

Last futzed with by csmith12; January 22nd, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.