Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Red250R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Finally posting!

Hey guys.

Not really a newbie here. Been a member for over a year now. I guess I was more of a shadow last year just floating around and i just recently logged back in because its almost that time again here in Buffalo, NY. Been itching to bring it out of the garage. I haven't put very many miles on it the past couple years due to a couple personal reasons but this year I'm hoping to. Only have about 7k mi on it. This will be my 6th summer with it. My very first summer i dropped it because i over reacted in a ****** situation. Nothing else other than a few scratches on me and a nice one down the side of the bike. Anyways I have a 2008 red 250.

List of Farkles:
Flush front turn signals
Integrated rear light
Red foot pegs
Red LEDs inside fairings
Custom shortened license plate fender
LED license plate bolts
Red windscreen
Sexy chick for tank pad lol
K&N drop in (only because i wasn't looking forward to tearing the bike apart to remove the air box)

And probably my only real modification would be the exhaust. Now I know i'm going to get criticism for this but oh well. I didn't want to spend any money 2 years ago for an exhaust. Money wasn't flowing well and the stock was too quiet. A buddy of mine totaled his bike. Just so happened to be an 06 gsxr. He gave me the exhaust off of it. The guard was scratched so i searched ebay and found a replacement. Another buddy of mine bought a 250 the same year. Except he bought it and had the dealership put in a full yoshi exhaust along with a jet kit. He gave me his old stock exhaust. His was newer tho. 2010 i think. Had the black can on it. Nonetheless, i used my awesome cutting/welding skills and voila. I tipped my in a different direction than the popular way people did it. Less story more pictures. I'll see what i can scrounge up on my computer.

Red250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:28 PM   #2
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

That's....not what I was expecting when you said "sexy chick" for your tank pad.

Anyways, welcome "back" and hope you finally get to put some real mileage on it.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:31 PM   #3
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Actually, I kind of like that tank pad.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Slick_Stevo
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): '13 GSX-R600, '09 Ninja 250, 04 SV 650 (track)

sweet....I must say that exhaust is original....I like the red tinted windscreen too
Slick_Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Red250R
ninjette.org guru

Once i pull her out i'll get some more updated pictures. Like of my tail fender and a couple more clear ones. Forgot to add that the 7k miles that i have on the bike, i'd say about 4k of them are passenger included. My ex-girlfriend loved riding, tried convincing her to get her own but she didn't want one. Even her father wanted her to take the "Ride for Pride" course but she wanted nothing of it.

Also now that money is flowing in, i'm looking to put some real work into her. Full exhaust, remove airbox (and snorkel?), rejet with dyno jet or factory pro kit, block off plate, and change the front sprocket to a 15t and probably leave the rear sprocket alone seems to be the popular choice as well.

I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and on top of the DIY threads here i'm sure i can do everything i want. Mainly i just need input as to which brands to go with and such. I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions as well. The only thing that really concerns me is playing around with the mixture screws. I'll probably do this all at once. I know i've read that people shouldn't, but i really don't want to keep tearing it down and putting it back together. I'd rather have everything sitting in front of me and get it done in a weekend or two. I just picked up a Clymers manual and a Milwalkee offset screwdriver because it seems both of those will help me quite a bit. Other than those i have almost every hand tool imaginable because of my father.

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Red250R
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
That's....not what I was expecting when you said "sexy chick" for your tank pad.

Anyways, welcome "back" and hope you finally get to put some real mileage on it.
I was going to buy one of those but the gf at the time saw it and told me she'd never ride with me again if i bought it lol me being the good bf made the somewhat smarter choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Stevo View Post
sweet....I must say that exhaust is original....I like the red tinted windscreen too
Thanks. It was kinda a PITA to get right. When i was trying to tack it on to try and get the positioning right, I actually blew a couple holes in it lol but i was able to weld over them carefully so it is leak free. Although it very similar to having a straight pipe. I think it sounds nasty. Better than my buddy down the street with the yoshi

Old March 21st, 2013, 09:55 PM   #7
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #8
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #9
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum