ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old October 28th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Integrated tail light?

Got home from a ride the other day and discovered my license plate and rear turn signals hanging by the wires. Surely it didn't help that I had a heavy padlock on the license plate bracket which I use to lock up my front rotor for purposes of anti-theft.

My options are...
-Buy integrated tail light ($$$$)
-Continue using safety wire and cable ties to keep turn signals functioning

Some of the integrated tail lights look pretty slick but seem to run about ~$70+shipping.

By "integrated tail light" -- I mean a unit that replaces the original factory tail light and has the circuitry to make the left half of the light flash for left signal and vice versa, therefore eliminating the amber colored turn signals sticking out of each side.

Does anyone use one of these? I'm a little hesitant to spend $80 bucks on a non-mission-critical-part to keep my bike legal, but I'm trying to justify the expense.

Are the integrated tail lights considerable brighter than the OEM brake light? All of the ones I see for sale on amazon are advertising a massive brake light brightness increase.

I'm looking at this one...
http://www.motodynamic.com/kawasaki/...hts-smoke.html

Old October 28th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Got one, love it, won't go back

Old October 29th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #3
corksil

Well then. I guess that if I get rear-ended and ass-packed into the middle of an intersection by an old lady in an SUV with failing eyes and then get run over by multiple cars before being run over by a semi-truck and dying in a puddle of my own blood and brains, I won't need this tail light much at that point. And it would certainly take a few hours to fix my current broken-brake-light-turn-signal-setup.. Time which I don't seem to have at the moment..

Then again, living is high on my list of priorities.

I DIIIIID make four dollars today. Fine.

Ufck it.

Can anyone else chime in?

Quote:
Q4: How do I get a coupon code and what are the restrictions?
A4: Coupon codes are emailed periodically throughout the year to our subscribed newsletter customers. Simply create an account with us online and sign up for the newsletter option. We may also offer coupon codes through our social media pages. See Q3 above for links. Coupon codes are only available to use for online purchases. Online purchases must be shipped. Not valid on past orders, pre-orders, or back orders.

Old October 30th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #4
Floki
Motorcycle Nurse?

Name: Jacques

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R, 1998 Ducati 748L #77/100

BUY THE CUSTOMLED INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT, NOTHING ELSE IS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO SEE IN THE DAYLIGHT. Hopefully caps lock gave emphasis
Floki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #5
Floki
Motorcycle Nurse?

Motodynamic is not as bright. Please save your coin and buy the CustomLED. It is extremely bright and has a built in modulator. No other tail is as visible as this one.

http://www.customled.com/products/20...led-tail-light

Old October 30th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #6
corksil

How very typical of the internet. Thinking of buying a product and someone comes out of left field with capslock and broken english telling me to buy something more expensive.

Ho-hum. I'll call these companies at some point today to figure out what LEDs they used during production. Lol... if they even know.

Old October 30th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
How very typical of the internet. Thinking of buying a product and someone comes out of left field with capslock and broken english telling me to buy something more expensive.

Ho-hum. I'll call these companies at some point today to figure out what LEDs they used during production. Lol... if they even know.
At ease soldier... There is no broken english there, the intent was well formed and in your interest.

You can spend a mint on this or go cheap and wire it yourself. Buying a kit is always an option. The prices are all over the place, check out hotbodies.... mucho deniro ese. There are cheaper options as you have found.

Go with what you can make work and move on to more important things in life and pleasure.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 30th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Floki
Motorcycle Nurse?

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old October 30th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #9
corksil

Well I didn't have a chance to call either of the companies today -- but I did make seven dollars and nine cents. Which means I'd like to buy the one that is bright enough to melt the skin off of small mammals which happen to be sitting in a 100ft radius near the brake light when I apply the brakes or activate the turn signals.

I will look into this at length tomorrow bright and early (lol, get it? Bright and early? A pun? Humor?)

^^^ apparently that guy rode the dragon, so his opinion holds water.

Does anyone have a coupon code for the motodynamic unit? I've searched, but didn't turn up any currently-happening-promotions.

Thanks guys, and as always --- csmith your advice is appreciated. I get the impression that some of us commute on motorcycles, and some of us RIDE motorcycles. (Not trying to bash anyone or be rude or anything.)

Typing on the internet always loses the inflection and tone.. lost in translation.

Old October 30th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #10
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

I got a motodynamic and its more than bright enough, also easiest to install! Has some cool features with the breaking and the sequential signals! Get it! Its the best priced out there that's a plug and play and very durable.

Picture shows one when it is turned off and another pic that is on during day light. Very bright as you can see!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0649_1.jpg (72.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20141020-WA0008.jpg (58.5 KB, 17 views)

Old October 30th, 2014, 11:32 PM   #11
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Integrated taillights are all good and well, but are illegal, due to the minimum distance between the turn indicators by DOT laws. So keep that in mind.

I have a 98 model and did the integrated modification to the taillight. I also installed CREE LEDs bulbs and they are insanely bright. I also added a brake light modulator, and 2 small CREE LEDs in the bottom of the license plate mount.

I also swapped out the front fairing amber reflectors with flush mount LEDs indicators.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6054583830038616226.jpg (169.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 6054583897183655794.jpg (165.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 6060141959282779714.jpg (135.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 6060142053244484898.jpg (142.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 6060228921654836114.jpg (71.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 6060228986830683106.jpg (77.4 KB, 2 views)

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote