ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:00 AM   #1
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Name: Butch

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Wanted : 08+ Fairings (Rashed/minor cracks ok)

I'm looking to teach myself some cosmetic repair skills.. I already have both left and right main fairings to work with, so I'm looking for the two tail fairing pieces, the nose fairing, and perhaps the front fender..

The idea is to learn some skills that can help myself and others out in the case of minor incidents.. The left fairing that I have to work with has some cracks as well as a small chunk missing, so I'm going to try my hand at repairing that, too..

The fairings can be any color since I'll be repairing/sanding/etc.. The cheaper, the better.. Shipping to 08302..
FBR_BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2015, 03:42 PM   #2
Apex123
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Green Ninja 250 2008

Hey,
I have some items you might want .

1. Green Nose Fairing (Clean Middle Crack and small cracks around the headlight portion, Would be a easy fix for a good looking headlight piece)
http://i59.tinypic.com/11t3g2q.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ithqgh.jpg

2. I have both rear tail fairings in 100% no straches, no cracks still in the box pefect condition tail fairings but their white so you could use some of those sanding and painting skills on those if you would like .

I can add some more pictures if you want, If you like these three peices feel free to send a offer, Im not looking for to much! Im at 55350 , so we would also have to calculate shipping in it.
Apex123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2015, 03:53 PM   #3
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Hi Butch!

Looks like you have a 09. Would you be willing to pay for a plane ticket and loan me your bike? I can get you lots of repair worthy bodywork in no time!
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2015, 04:00 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBR_BDavis View Post
I'm looking to teach myself some cosmetic repair skills.. I already have both left and right main fairings to work with, so I'm looking for the two tail fairing pieces, the nose fairing, and perhaps the front fender..

The idea is to learn some skills that can help myself and others out in the case of minor incidents.. The left fairing that I have to work with has some cracks as well as a small chunk missing, so I'm going to try my hand at repairing that, too..

The fairings can be any color since I'll be repairing/sanding/etc.. The cheaper, the better.. Shipping to 08302..
You are just starting what my friend Kevin has been doing for a long time now. He has google alerts setup on ebay and CL for fairings. He also hits the local bike shops to get their scraps for tabs and such, even partial fairings are good enough to practice on or rob pieces from. From what he has shown me, your gunna need to get pretty good with what he calls kitty hair and different resins or other hardeners. Next is a good set of sanding tools.

Anyone that has seen Kevin's bike wouldn't guess it has been crashed about 12 or so times on the same set of fairings. lol At this point he is really good at what he does.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2015, 04:25 PM   #5
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
You are just starting what my friend Kevin has been doing for a long time now. He has google alerts setup on ebay and CL for fairings. He also hits the local bike shops to get their scraps for tabs and such, even partial fairings are good enough to practice on or rob pieces from. From what he has shown me, your gunna need to get pretty good with what he calls kitty hair and different resins or other hardeners. Next is a good set of sanding tools.

Anyone that has seen Kevin's bike wouldn't guess it has been crashed about 12 or so times on the same set of fairings. lol At this point he is really good at what he does.
That's where I want to get myself at.. I want to be able to repair any damage to my bike or friends' bikes along the way.. We all know how expensive fairings can be, and while the cost will be a bit high to start out with for all of the necessary tools and materials, the savings in the long run is what I'm looking at..

My oldest son is the more mechanical minded one between us, where most of my expertise lies in electronics and minor body repair.. Between the two of us, we should be able to get to the point where there's not a whole lot that we can't fix..

Old April 2nd, 2015, 04:26 PM   #6
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex123 View Post
Hey,
I have some items you might want .

1. Green Nose Fairing (Clean Middle Crack and small cracks around the headlight portion, Would be a easy fix for a good looking headlight piece)
http://i59.tinypic.com/11t3g2q.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ithqgh.jpg

2. I have both rear tail fairings in 100% no straches, no cracks still in the box pefect condition tail fairings but their white so you could use some of those sanding and painting skills on those if you would like .

I can add some more pictures if you want, If you like these three peices feel free to send a offer, Im not looking for to much! Im at 55350 , so we would also have to calculate shipping in it.
Definitely interested in all of them.. Prepping to go to work, but I'll check to see what some of the shipping options and such are and get back to you ASAP..

Old June 4th, 2015, 10:14 AM   #7
kashun84
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Lime Green 250R

I got some laying around. Sent you PM for the pic.
kashun84 is offline   Reply With Quote