ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 7th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #1601
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

I got my 2 Fitty ready for Daytona

Set the valves, replaced gaskets, installed new plugs, refit a K&N in the stock air box, lubed and adjusted chain and replaced turn signal relay and changed the oil and filter.

She purrs like a content kitten

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #1602
mar3s24
ninjette.org member

Name: mary

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

Replaced the air filter w/ K&N Filter today. Since I wasn't able to test ride the bike because I'm still recovering from a sprain ankle, my BF took it out around the block for me.

I missing riding the blue gem...1 more week, and I should be able to take her out.

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1603
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

i finally took mine out for a ride today! although it was only about 12 miles, but it was 36 degrees outside!!

it just felt so good to ride!!

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #1604
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Broke my chain. Broke my cam chain tensioner.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #1605
gilmorec61
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Broke my chain. Broke my cam chain tensioner.
So I'm guessing thats what that noise was?
gilmorec61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #1606
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

put on a fastrack luggage rack and put my tailbag on for commuting:

Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1607
killermase
ninjette.org member

Name: Chuck

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2504

Took a good 40 mile (mostly highway) roundtrip ride with my new mirror extenders installed to fix someone's computer. I'm so much happier with the added visibility I now have - http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...irror+extender.
killermase is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #1608
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorec61 View Post
So I'm guessing thats what that noise was?
It fixed the rattle noise, yes, but the cap bolt stripped the aluminum threads right out of the CCT housing and it is now completely uncapped.

I'm not sure how serious it is but I'm going to try to seal it with Hi-Temp Hondabond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermase View Post
Took a good 40 mile (mostly highway) roundtrip ride with my new mirror extenders installed to fix someone's computer. I'm so much happier with the added visibility I now have - http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...irror+extender.
That was my routine in San Diego when I worked on PCs regularly and did not have a car. I had developed a pretty good mobile PC toolkit before I left!

Old March 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1609
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Cleaned and Lubed chain, detailed her, rode her around town and checked tire pressure.
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #1610
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Ok, I started the work yesterday but ended going past midnight, so I guess I'll be abiding with the forum title by listing everything...
Anyway, here's what I did -
Performance upgrades -
Shimmed needles with 2 washers
Removed Snorkel
Cosmetic upgrades -
Installed my Custom Led integrated tail lights (thanks Tri!)
DIY fender elimination
Electrical upgrades -
Diode Mod

Here are a couple of pics (forgive me the crappy shots, it was late and I was dead on my feet)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100320122291.jpg (38.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100320122290.jpg (60.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100320122281.jpg (67.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100320122279.jpg (35.1 KB, 2 views)
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1611
Enfemus
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Blue

HMF Exhaust

Put on my HMF Exhaust I bought from Broc and then drove it around. Also it's 63 in MI right now! It is awesome weather for riding.

Enfemus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #1612
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I rode it again!!! It's mid 60's in NE Ohio!!

Then I filled up, stabilized the gas, drained the carbs, put it on the centerstand and a battery tender, and left it in the garage

Spring break is over. Back to school. It was warm just long enough to let me fall in love again.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1613
smackenz
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawi 250

Awoken the sleeping beast today, so good to be back on two wheels
smackenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #1614
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
-Polished exhaust where my son's bicycle fell on it and left paint behind. [/me shakes fist and says in old man voice "damn you kids!"]

-Replaced flasher relay because my other son sprayed water underneath bike (again) and got it wet (again) causing it to short out (again). [/me shakes other fist and says in old man voice "damn you kids!"]

-Gave lecture to kids about not touching, coming with 20 feet of, looking at or thinking about my Ninja without permission. Asked them if they've ever heard of a Judas Cradle.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1615
Brooklyn
ninjette.org member

Name: Tricia

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

First Ride of the Year

Went for a short ride this afternoon. After about twelve miles I was on my way home. All on a sudden my rear brake pedal did nothing. It just went all the way down and no brake was applied to the wheel! A little bit scary. Then I realized that the "Arkon GPS032 GPS and Smartphone Waterproof Hard case with Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount" was pushed against the master cylinder which was no longer upright. When I stopped and straightened the master cylinder, rear brake function resumed . Such a relief.
Brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #1616
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
Went for a short ride this afternoon. After about twelve miles I was on my way home. All on a sudden my rear brake pedal did nothing. It just went all the way down and no brake was applied to the wheel! A little bit scary. Then I realized that the "Arkon GPS032 GPS and Smartphone Waterproof Hard case with Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount" was pushed against the master cylinder which was no longer upright. When I stopped and straightened the master cylinder, rear brake function resumed . Such a relief.
Why was that mounted near your rear brake master cylinder?

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #1617
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

After riding on and off through the winter, on a few days down into the low 20's, I finally installed grip heaters just in time for spring. Go figure

Jeff

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #1618
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
-Polished exhaust where my son's bicycle fell on it and left paint behind. [/me shakes fist and says in old man voice "damn you kids!"]

-Replaced flasher relay because my other son sprayed water underneath bike (again) and got it wet (again) causing it to short out (again). [/me shakes other fist and says in old man voice "damn you kids!"]
After these two, I knew this one was coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
-Gave lecture to kids about not touching, coming with 20 feet of, looking at or thinking about my Ninja without permission.

Old March 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #1619
cmSAE
ninjette.org member

Name: Connor

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

happy and mad about this

after spending hours on this site, i fixed my front wheel squeak, and read about a DIY fender eliminator. Once read up, i got the back of my bike nekkid so i could finish up tomorrow, only to find out my trailblazer (back-up vehicle) is on the fritz, so i had to reassemble the entire thing. although frustrating, i definitely learned alot and being that i am mechanically "gifted", it felt good to get it all done and still have it working.

tomorrow my stand will get here and im going to clean and lube the chain and finish up my DIY fender eliminator.
cmSAE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #1620
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

Road about 70 miles today breaking in a new tire, mostly back roads. Most time I've been on the bike yet and it felt great! Only had one close call with a girl pulling out of 7-eleven who didn't look before she pulled into traffic. Got the apology waive from her. She got the thumbs up middle finger from me.
mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1621
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

Took the race plastics and the tank to the painter...Can't wait to see Kawi green!
pjed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #1622
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholme View Post
Road about 70 miles today breaking in a new tire, mostly back roads. Most time I've been on the bike yet and it felt great! Only had one close call with a girl pulling out of 7-eleven who didn't look before she pulled into traffic. Got the apology waive from her. She got the thumbs up middle finger from me.
Is that the one where you give thumbs up but you are still angry and imagine it's a more vulgar gesture? I know that one too well.

Old March 12th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #1623
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
After some garage cleanup and tool organization, I was able to get to some work done on the 2010. Fresh fluids, cable/filter check and other general maintenance. So many loose nuts/bolts. uggg... All that is left is to lube chain and wash.

I also tried to wake the pre-gen after a long slumber. Only rode it 3 times last year. It didn't start. Looks like I will be going through that. I think I will start a build thread on that to get it set of up for the wife, I have some questions.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1624
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
@csmith12

Chris, there's a good thing on faq.ninja250.org about starting a bike after a slumber. I know Mine is always a bitch to start after long winters. She doesn't like to take any throttle at all, but also doesn't like to run on her own the first time I crank her over. I usually only get a couple lazy fires, and she runs reluctantly on the second try; and that's with a bike that gets ridden daily during the summer...

If you get her running well you should bring her to mid O and have some fun on the classic bike with squishy suspension

oh btw, my parents said as long as I get a job, track day is go aaaaand I got a full time job in the works with a friend's parent on top of my part time job at the Bakery, so my fingers are crossed that it works out and I can get some boots, and ride the Mid-o

Old March 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #1625
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
@choneofakind

I will get her goin'. From last year I know it needs a good carb cleaning and new rubber. I will take some pics later as it sits now (kinda ratty) and start a restore/build thread tonight or tomorrow.

Between the other 2 bikes I will be bringing and all other expenses (already over 1k), I am afraid I can't budget enough to bring the pre gen. I would love to get it dialed in and track it but it's just not gunna happen. Mid-O will not be the only track day this season, I have the addiction bad and have to get my fix in April. hahahahahah

Good deal on the parents/track day thing.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #1626
TheJimmyEnglish
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Red

Ordered Motostance spool sliders and Motostance rear stand for under $80 shipped. Love me some deals at motorcycle superstore.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...toStanceCoupon

Old March 12th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1627
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Is that the one where you give thumbs up but you are still angry and imagine it's a more vulgar gesture? I know that one too well.
That would be the one. I find it more effective than using the other finger.
mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #1628
angela7171
CVMA #717

Name: Angela

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250, '12 BMW s1000rr

Rode from Hollywood to Disneyland. Paid $15 to park at Chip & Dale's level motorcycle parking (the animated chipmunks, not the naked guys), may go to an Orange County bike night tonight...

Last futzed with by angela7171; March 12th, 2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Changed squirrels to chipmunks
angela7171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1629
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I will get her goin'. From last year I know it needs a good carb cleaning and new rubber. I will take some pics later as it sits now (kinda ratty) and start a restore/build thread tonight or tomorrow.

Between the other 2 bikes I will be bringing and all other expenses (already over 1k), I am afraid I can't budget enough to bring the pre gen. I would love to get it dialed in and track it but it's just not gunna happen. Mid-O will not be the only track day this season, I have the addiction bad and have to get my fix in April. hahahahahah

Good deal on the parents/track day thing.
Cool beans I'll be reading that when you get it up.

no worries, as long as you bring the 2010 so I'm not the only 1/4 liter bike I'M PUMPED!! I wanna learn more, and hopefully have some fun while I'm at it The more I read about track vs street, the more wary I am of actually pushing on twisties. I still enjoyed them last week when I was on break, but nothing crazy. Just a spirited cruise at best.

Old March 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #1630
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Name: Katherine

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJimmyEnglish View Post
Ordered Motostance spool sliders and Motostance rear stand for under $80 shipped. Love me some deals at motorcycle superstore.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...toStanceCoupon
I tried but they won't ship here.
Kstorm21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #1631
cmSAE
ninjette.org member

Name: Connor

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Today i cleaned/lubed my chain for the first time, last time the shop did it when they changed my sprockets and i changed my oil.

even after reading all the posts about being careful to not get your fingers/hand caught in between the sprocket and chain, i was being carless and got stabbed. lesson learned

had to go out and get all the tools and it felt good being a real person and starting my own tool collection
cmSAE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #1632
TheJimmyEnglish
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstorm21 View Post
I tried but they won't ship here.
That bites. I'm sure you can get some stands from somewhere in HI

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #1633
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJimmyEnglish View Post
That bites. I'm sure you can get some stands from somewhere in HI
That's the only bad thing about living here. A lot of people/places won't ship here. They think everything has to come through freight.

Old March 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1634
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

dropped my bike off at this local shop http://www.jayriddleracing.com/ to do the Kleen Air removal, Jet-Kit and Dynoed. Hopefully I'll get it back for the weekend
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1635
TheJimmyEnglish
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
That's the only bad thing about living here. A lot of people/places won't ship here. They think everything has to come through freight.
If you know any metal workers they could probably build you one if you show them a picture. Looks fairly simple.

Old March 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1636
str8t six
never enough

went for a great ride today!

and plasti dipped my windshield earlier this week!

Old March 16th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #1637
saxnbass

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

Plasti dipped?

Old March 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #1638
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8t six View Post
and plasti dipped my windshield earlier this week!
Does that mean you spray painted it black?

Old March 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #1639
str8t six
never enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post
Plasti dipped?

Quote:
Does that mean you spray painted it black?
sort of. its like a rubber coating you put on tools for grip, but you can coat anything with it! and it just peels right off if you want to.

you can even do your car wheels!

Old March 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1640
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8t six View Post

sort of. its like a rubber coating you put on tools for grip, but you can coat anything with it! and it just peels right off if you want to.
Cool, is that why you did this over paint, so you could peel it off if you don't like it later?