Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #121
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoKhaos View Post
I plan on putting on the growler slip on at tech day. What else will I need to optimize performance with this exhaust? Should I get a dynojet stage 2 jet kit and a K&N high flo replacement filter? If not these, then what do you recommend?

Also, I do eventually plan on a full exhaust, one day.
Shims for sure! A jet kit may be over kill at this point? Unless you have the extra $80 to spend on it. I would just do 3 washers and rip the damned snorkel out! I have the K&N high flo in mine right now, and with me removing my airbox looks like ill have one laying around. Hmm... what should I do with it lol Give me an offer on how much you think its worth, im reasonable
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #122
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
All I did with my slipon was shim the needles with 3 washers each and de-snorkeled my bike... it runs really well this way. If you want to do more to it... thats on you brotha!!

Cuong, am I just getting over ambitious then and should leave the pods for another time? I realize that means rejetting again... but I don't think that I want to end up not getting things accomplished because we run out of time...
Come on Dustin! That just means were going to have to get there at a completely unreasonable hour in the morning, drink an energy drink, or your choice of caffeinated beverage, and get to work! I think we can get it all done in one really long day

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #123
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Haha Dustin, there comes a point of no return. Once you remove everything, your only course really is to keep going since it'll actually be faster than putting the stock parts back. Once you start the project, I would imagine you have to finish since you're riding the bike back.

It's a project that can definitely be done in a day. The only worry I can foresee is that messing with the fuel/air means your bike will run well or it'll run crappy or not at all. If it runs crappy or not at all, you may be screwed since you're so far away. However, there's definitely a lot of knowledge here and I recommend getting Kelly on speed dial
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #124
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoKhaos View Post
I plan on putting on the growler slip on at tech day. What else will I need to optimize performance with this exhaust? Should I get a dynojet stage 2 jet kit and a K&N high flo replacement filter? If not these, then what do you recommend?

Also, I do eventually plan on a full exhaust, one day.
I agree with the others. With a slip on, you'll be good with shimming the needles.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #125
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

It was your whole... "I'm not available that day" comment that really got me worried... I would imagine once it's all torn apart doing each little part of the deal wouldn't be such a big deal... it's not like I haven't had the whole thing ripped apart before... just getting a headache trying to figure out everything I would need and trying to figure out how I let the wife know that the $600 I spent on the exhaust is only going to lead to more money being spent...lol.
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #126
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Dustin what time are you going to head out? And plan to be there? I'm thinking I'll leave around 5am-6am to be there around 6:30-7:30

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #127
kkim

if it isn't done in a day... sleep over? Didn't Ken offer that earlier?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #128
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
That just means were going to have to get there at a completely unreasonable hour in the morning, drink an energy drink, or your choice of caffeinated beverage, and get to work! I think we can get it all done in one really long day
The other option is get here the afternoon before, discuss maintenance tactics over BBQ & beer, critique the riding styles of the MotoGP crowd, get a good nights sleep, and open up the garage as the sun rises.

Just a thought.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #129
Cuongism

Has Alex done his yet? If so, it'd be fresh on his mind. Glenn also did his a week ago so he'd be a good resource as well if he can make it.

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #130
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post
The other option is get here the afternoon before, discuss maintenance tactics over BBQ & beer, critique the riding styles of the MotoGP crowd, get a good nights sleep, and open up the garage as the sun rises.

Just a thought.
Not a bad idea! I get off work at six Saturday then could head over after that

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #131
Cazper
ninjaholic

Heck if you're really up for it Ken I may just live at your place next weekend... then I know I'll get everything done...lol. of course I may have to seriously kiss up to wifey for that... lol.

Besides... then my body would be happier not riding 4 hours in one day...lol

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #132
KJohnson21

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Heck if you're really up for it Ken I may just live at your place next weekend... then I know I'll get everything done...lol. of course I may have to seriously kiss up to wifey for that... lol.

Besides... then my body would be happier not riding 4 hours in one day...lol
That'll work for us.

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #133
Cuongism

Dustin, did you get your pods yet? If you're really worried and have this weekend off, we can do it this weekend. That way, you can be the expert at the tech day for others

Also with that route if you don't have the items yet, you can "borrow" the parts off my bike til you get your parts. This way, you'll get a feel for it for a week to play with the jetting and you'll be 100% positive it'll feel good when you ride over (you also won't have to drive your parts over). I lost my only key so I won't be riding the ninja for a few weeks anyway. Once you get your parts, we'll just swap everything out which is pretty quick. I know you're dying to get that exhaust on

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #134
Cazper
ninjaholic

Which day would work better for you? I would be down for this... however I either have to not go to a funeral on Sat... or my son's friends' b-day party... also, are you talking about coming up here or would I still need to come to you and in that case how would I get my stuff to you...lol... head is now spinning and I don't even know why I'm up so freakin' late...lol

btw, I don't have pods yet... nor a jet kit... all I have is the exhaust. But, I could go up to Area P and get the jet kit and there is always going to the auto parts store if necessary to get the pods... just trying to figure this whole thing out.

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #135
Cuongism

Haha seriously, I have work at 6 am too. I can come to you so you don't have to drive anything down. I'm off both days except I have a breakfast from 8a to like 10a Saturday. As long as you let me drive a tank or shoot a missile or something

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #136
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Jeff... do you want my already chopped fender... and eliminator with led turns and led plate light? Pics can be found in my profile... I'd be willing to swap for your stock stuff... just an idea.

Kevin... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the pods and I think Kelly convinced me to get a kettle kit too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hell yea, if it fits right and looks good it's a deal.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #137
Havok
Internet Slut

Oh and Kevin thanks for the input on the LEDs, I'll order them today, when I said hid I ment the super bright ones for the dash like nattygirl put in, wanted clear ones where the turn, high beam and oil lights are I'll go with the ones you posted.

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #138
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Oh and Kevin thanks for the input on the LEDs, I'll order them today, when I said hid I ment the super bright ones for the dash like nattygirl put in, wanted clear ones where the turn, high beam and oil lights are I'll go with the ones you posted.
For the white LED's there kinda tall, So I really hope they fit lol You can find different ones that are the size of the green ones I posted. They wont be as bright but they will for sure fit. I just wanted the bright ones. I'll make them work no matter what!

These are the smaller white ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-Xe...item51993010c9

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #139
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Like I said, I think you guys have a really good thing going by supporting each other and working together. I'd like to help by making sure you guys get pointed in the right direction so you all can enjoy your bikes to the fullest. I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries by posting in a socal thread. Give props to those with experience, knowledge and tools that will be helping you guys out on your tech day... they are the ones that really deserve your gratitude and praise.

Have a clear picture of what all you want done to your bikes and then research as much as you can here on ninjette and on other forums as well. Information and knowledge is key to any successful project.
overstepping your bounds? Are you kidding!!!!! i am sure i can speak for not only all the so cal guys but for everyone on these boards your wealth of information is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

you are right about the good thing going down here as well, the last tech day was a blast and all the events and rides we have done have been great. Every time i get to meet a new person and a new experience. Its a lot of fun and should you ever hit the mainland we will find a bike for you to ride with us

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #140
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
For the white LED's there kinda tall, So I really hope they fit lol You can find different ones that are the size of the green ones I posted. They wont be as bright but they will for sure fit. I just wanted the bright ones. I'll make them work no matter what!

These are the smaller white ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-Xe...item51993010c9
Awesome i have 3 sets of the white ones and 4 sets of the green ones so that's 6 and 8 for the bulbs which will be more then enough, thanks for the help on that!

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #141
KJohnson21

Quote:
overstepping your bounds? Are you kidding!!!!! i am sure i can speak for not only all the so cal guys but for everyone on these boards your wealth of information is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

you are right about the good thing going down here as well, the last tech day was a blast and all the events and rides we have done have been great. Every time i get to meet a new person and a new experience. Its a lot of fun and should you ever hit the mainland we will find a bike for you to ride with us
Did I mention the Kelly Kim prayer session that I have planned for Tech Day?

Like Jeff said, I think we've all referred to Kelly's posts at some point, and with good reason, they contain pertinent and well thought out advice and methods.

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #142
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

I agree! Kelly is the ninja Master!

Ok, so I have a couple options, and need your guys help! I dustin ends up installing his exhaust THIS weekend then he doesnt have a need to drive up the day before with a car to drop his stuff off. Meaning I dont have a way to get my exhaust to Indio. Is anyone going that way from OC to Indio this week? If not I'll just have area P ship to indio for $20 Kerry wants to know soon if I will be shipping it or picking it up.

Your guys thoughts?

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #143
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
Haha seriously, I have work at 6 am too. I can come to you so you don't have to drive anything down. I'm off both days except I have a breakfast from 8a to like 10a Saturday. As long as you let me drive a tank or shoot a missile or something
Sunday would be pretty awesome as that would give me tomorrow to get any loose items I would need and to start stripping it down... I do have that funeral to attend in Torrence... but the morning and evening should be okay for me to do my thing so that Sunday morning as early as you want to come would work for me

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #144
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
I agree! Kelly is the ninja Master!

Ok, so I have a couple options, and need your guys help! I dustin ends up installing his exhaust THIS weekend then he doesnt have a need to drive up the day before with a car to drop his stuff off. Meaning I dont have a way to get my exhaust to Indio. Is anyone going that way from OC to Indio this week? If not I'll just have area P ship to indio for $20 Kerry wants to know soon if I will be shipping it or picking it up.

Your guys thoughts?
if you cant get it shipped to kens house i can come by in my truck and we can drive it over there, it will be way more then 20 bucks in gas though lol. So if you can ship it to him do that but last resort one way or another we will get it there.

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #145
Cazper
ninjaholic

I'm still waiting to hear back from Cuong too... I guess I could break down and text or call him... I feel so lazy...lol.

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #146
Cuongism

That might work for you Kevin

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #147
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
if you cant get it shipped to kens house i can come by in my truck and we can drive it over there, it will be way more then 20 bucks in gas though lol. So if you can ship it to him do that but last resort one way or another we will get it there.
I'll just ship it, lol I forgot about gas the ninja spoils me! Thanks though

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #148
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post

That might work for you Kevin
Hahaha thats so awesome

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #149
Cazper
ninjaholic

That thing would so be hard to ride with especially in windy conditions...lol

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #150
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

im lost, where is it going to be at?
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #151
Cazper
ninjaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
im lost, where is it going to be at?
In Indio at Ken's (KJohnson21) house next weekend. He's offered up both days but I think the majority are planning on Sunday... correct me if I'm wrong

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #152
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
In Indio at Ken's (KJohnson21) house next weekend. He's offered up both days but I think the majority are planning on Sunday... correct me if I'm wrong
As far as i know thats the plan, I might go saturday night to start disassembling the bike and get it ready for sunday. to have most of the day to tune

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #153
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

Quote:
ahahhh
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #154
Cazper
ninjaholic

Okay... so I stopped at Area P and Kerry hooked me up with the DynoJet race kit (awesome guy BTW) and I won't be able to get the pods by tomorrow (they are on order though... hopefully have them by next weekend) so I'll need to "borrow" yours Cuong. I'll PM you my address once I can get to a computer (phone app won't let me access PM's). Super excited
Posted via Mobile Device

Old May 14th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #155
Cuongism

Cool beans! And I wasn't kidding about the tank or missile. Just imagining the shennanagins I can do on a military base...

Old May 14th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #156
Cuongism

Hey Dustin, did you get the custom kit with the larger jets? I have 108's, but the 106's are on my bike so need to know if I have to remove them. Amazing perk of pods, removed them with just the side covers and seat removed

So I'm bringing the 0990, crankcase breather, offset driver, and screw extractors if we strip anything. Let me know if you need anything else or any tools

Old May 14th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #157
Cazper
ninjaholic

I got the one with the big jets too. So yeah all I need is what you mentioned.

Btw are you bringing the pegs too?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old May 14th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #158
Cuongism

yup, just the pegs though right? Saves me some weight to take it off the brackets.

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #159
Cazper
ninjaholic

Yeah... just the pegs... it's for the swap with the stock front pegs:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10129

Dude... so excited... need to get the heck to bed though...lol

Old May 15th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #160
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
not to jump threads or nothing, but am i reading this right, cuong? daytona 675?!