ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #81
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
hahaha my buddies neighbors son came out all pissed off at me and my buddy for being loud trying to start my dirt bike today... He asked if we could do it somewhere else and we were like uhhh no? we need to start it running down this hill? He was like well dont do it on our street and then my buddy was like, fine ill do it in front of my house (which is right next door) and then he did. and I lol'd

it was 3:30 in the afternoon. If youre gonna bitch about the noise from stuff like that at 3:30 you have a problem.
Lol what a bitch. What are you doing at 3:30 that requires extreme quiet?

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #82
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
Spankin' it

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #83
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Spankin' it

Lol the kid comes running out "SHUT UP IM TRYING TO JACK OFF AND I CANT HEAR TEH MOANZ!!!"

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #84
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

haha no he was like in his 40s and looked like a total tool. He pissed my buddy off so bad. so then he was doing wheelies and stuff, it was hella funny. keep in mind we are not young punks we both have wives and children, we were just trying to start this bike that was being a bitch. No one else complained, **** the dude across the street was like yeah!! haha
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #85
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

Go skid across his front yard and be like dude wtf your dog ran out in front of me!

Old April 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #86
mattmosphere88
Ninja Enthusiast

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurt88 View Post
There is no difference to me, to me its like the punk kid with the pink mohawk walking in the mall with a dog collar on. They just want attention.

I believe ppl should be free to do as much as they like so long as it doesnt impose on any other persons quality of life. Anything less than that is just rude and inconsiderate, imo.
You can't just assume that everyone who likes to make a little extra noise on the road is thriving for attention. As I've mentioned about 100 times in this thread, I bought it and installed it because I THINK it helps keep drivers more attentive around me (that is my opinion, not a fact) and I like to sound like something other than a 50cc moped when I twist the throttle with the stock muffler on.

Did you ever think that some people just enjoy the sound of a throaty exhaust? We're not all out to deafen helpless Grandmas or turn the head of every person we pass. Someone nailed it on the nose before; we're on a public road. If you don't like it, roll your window up until "these annoying punks" pass you and you can move on with your life.

@codestp202: I also upshift immediately after I leave my garage so I don't piss off my neighbors.

Old April 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #87
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmosphere88 View Post
You can't just assume that everyone who likes to make a little extra noise on the road is thriving for attention. As I've mentioned about 100 times in this thread, I bought it and installed it because I THINK it helps keep drivers more attentive around me (that is my opinion, not a fact)
You can think it does all you want, doesnt change the fact that your exhaust is pointed backwards and when there is other noise like cars wind and music around, no one in front of you will hear it. People behind you will, but they can already see you.

Be loud if you want and don't try to diminish your decision by saying its a little extra noise, an area p is a little extra noise, yours is a **** ton more noise
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #88
mattmosphere88
Ninja Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
don't try to diminish your decision by saying its a little extra noise, an area p is a little extra noise, yours is a **** ton more noise
You get my drift.

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #89
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Even after switching to first shift for the first time in all my 12 years in the work force just last week, I have had to fill three grave shifts and, therefore, tried to sleep during the day. I've done the grave shift for years and years. Anyway, my neighborhood is full of loud minibikes, dirtbikes, and ATVs zipping by all day. The only reason it hasn't been a terrible problem is that A) I am hard-of-hearing and B) I usually have trouble sleeping during the day anyway.

That said, your statement reminded me of Bubb Rubb saying "That's only in the mow-nin'. You s'posed to be up cookin' breakfast or somebody."
Translation: That noise complaint of yours is only made in the morning when you are supposed to be up cooking breakfast or something.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Do you really want to sound like stop sign-running, car cut-offer, Bubb Rubb, making ignorant assumptions about when people may or may not be annoyed by it all while his acquaintance demonstrates profound ignorance of what constitutes a "decoration?" I still want to know what he does when it's night and they are supposed to be asleep "or somebody?" Remove the welded-in whistle tip?

CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #90
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Even after switching to first shift for the first time in all my 12 years in the work force just last week, I have had to fill three grave shifts and, therefore, tried to sleep during the day. I've done the grave shift for years and years. Anyway, my neighborhood is full of loud minibikes, dirtbikes, and ATVs zipping by all day. The only reason it hasn't been a terrible problem is that A) I am hard-of-hearing and B) I usually have trouble sleeping during the day anyway.

That said, your statement reminded me of Bubb Rubb saying "That's only in the mow-nin'. You s'posed to be up cookin' breakfast or somebody."
Translation: That noise complaint of yours is only made in the morning when you are supposed to be up cooking breakfast or something.

Do you really want to sound like stop sign-running, car cut-offer, Bubb Rubb, making ignorant assumptions about when people may or may not be annoyed by it all while his acquaintance demonstrates profound ignorance of what constitutes a "decoration?" I still want to know what he does when it's night and they are supposed to be asleep "or somebody?" Remove the welded-in whistle tip?

Holy hell I was ****ing around when I said that. You people should take what we say with a grain of salt.

Old April 30th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #91
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Holy hell I was ****ing around when I said that. You people should take what we say with a grain of salt.
Bubb Rubb was ****ing around too. Didn't make it sound any more reasoned and thoughtful.

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #92
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Bubb Rubb was ****ing around too. Didn't make it sound any more reasoned and thoughtful.
That was kind of the point. I was messing around so it wasn't supposed to sound reasoned and thoughtful.
I really don't understand why some people make it their job on this site to point out everything everyone says and be condescending about it. It's called a sense of humor. Try it!

Old April 30th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #93
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
That was kind of the point. I was messing around so it wasn't supposed to sound reasoned and thoughtful.
I really don't understand why some people make it their job on this site to point out everything everyone says and be condescending about it. It's called a sense of humor. Try it!
All I said was that your comment reminded me of it. You acted like it shouldn't remind me of it because you weren't entirely serious, when that only ADDS to the similarity. I already said that I like loud engines/exhausts and that they weren't a problem for me even though I slept during the day, so it's not like I'm taking a hard-line position counter to yours. Besides, even if we were arguing, arguments don't end because one side made a point half-jokingly and, therefore, are immune to response. If the reporter wanted a real answer, he could have said: OK, seriously, what do you do when you need to drive at night? Would it then be OK for Bubb Rubb to flip out and say that his non-serious response should be the end of the discussion? After an irrefutable point that ends the argument, then perhaps so, but not after a joking response.

I say: Try your own medicine and have a sense of humor about what I posted. It, too, was supposed to be taken lightly and laughed at. In fact, it's far easier to laugh at than what you said and, if appealing to our sense of humor was truly your goal, you should be glad I used it as a launchpad for something funnier.

Try being less sensitive.

Last futzed with by CZroe; April 30th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

Old April 30th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #94
codestp202

Okay I apologize. I read into that post thinking you where angry No worries I see what you're saying!

Old April 30th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #95
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

HOLY COW BELL.... This thread totally blew up over the weekend. It really is simple...

LOUD PIPES DON'T SAVE LIVES...

That is all.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:58 AM   #96
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): none yet

As I have said in other places, If Loud Pipes Save Lives.....

Think about how much safer you'll be when you actually learn how to ride....

Oh and I have no dog in this thread except to say my Leo Vince pipes makes HP no DB's
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM   #97
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Hey guys... why don't we get off Matt's *ss.

Sure, the volume and sound can be annoying but to others, it's pure bliss. We all know in general that the loud pipes generalization is no substitute for good controlled and defensive riding.

The whole loud pipes crap is regional and largely environmental as well. In my tiny, one stoplight, hick town any noise of 80 decibels has everyone looking and even the old ladies get up from their chairs and peek out the windows. To the soccer moms in LA with 6 lanes of traffic each direction, with the windows up, AC and stereo playing while they send a text about a Starbucks meetup, then ya, your exhaust note don't mean squat.

Ask a police officer/ambulance/firetruck why they have sirens. Same fundamental principles at work.

And even though I have the stock exhaust on one of my 250's and love it, I also have the full area p on the pregen with no quiet core and love it just the same. If one is seen or heard, that is one less chance they get ran over that day and I will take it over the injuries any day.

EDIT: Thanks for posting the video. Good to know there are cheaper options, no matter your cup of tea.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM   #98
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
HOLY COW BELL.... This thread totally blew up over the weekend. It really is simple...

LOUD PIPES DON'T SAVE LIVES...

That is all.
There is a good reason why these "hey everyone! look and see how great my extremely loud exhaust is!" threads always blow up.

It's because we all live together in a society and nothing is more angering than somebody who doesn't think that the rest of society deserves any consideration.

Because you live in a society it's simply not "all about you". If you don't appreciate being shat upon by your fellow man then it's worth trying not to sh!t on him.

And making noise simply for show and attention will always qualify as sh!t.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM   #99
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
My dad said the same thing about my music when I was growing up. lol
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM   #100
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Youre right it is really simple.

an after market exhaust on the 250 isnt any louder than stock exhaust on bigger bikes.

goodness people with their anti "loud" pipes antics.

Did anyone actually watch the video? If you think that is "loud" you have problems.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM   #101
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I have my pipe pointed forwards so it actually does save lives.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:25 AM   #102
DevinWolfe
Which pedal is the gas?

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE

That's not hardcore enough, I have 1 pointing all 4 directions since my 250 is a limited edition I4.

I figure that's good enough to make up for my half face helmet and t-shirt.
DevinWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:27 AM   #103
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinWolfe View Post
That's not hardcore enough, I have 1 pointing all 4 directions since my 250 is a limited edition I4.

I figure that's good enough to make up for my half face helmet and t-shirt.
Oh, you have a half face helmet? You were wearing your skull cap that one day we rode. However, I LOVED the extended swingarm and 190 rear tire. Cool stuff, bro!

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:52 AM   #104
dubojr1

Quote:
Youre right it is really simple.

an after market exhaust on the 250 isnt any louder than stock exhaust on bigger bikes.

goodness people with their anti "loud" pipes antics.

Did anyone actually watch the video? If you think that is "loud" you have problems.
You sir should have your hearing checked. A brain scan may be advisable also.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #105
dubojr1

Quote:
There is a good reason why these "hey everyone! look and see how great my extremely loud exhaust is!" threads always blow up.

It's because we all live together in a society and nothing is more angering than somebody who doesn't think that the rest of society deserves any consideration.

Because you live in a society it's simply not "all about you". If you don't appreciate being shat upon by your fellow man then it's worth trying not to sh!t on him.

Exactly what I would have liked to say.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:06 AM   #106
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
You sir should have your hearing checked. A brain scan may be advisable also.
my dirt bike with stock exhaust is louder than that.

my buddies R6 with stock exhaust is louder than that

my other buddies R6 with a werks exhaust is INSANELY louder than that.

The dude doesn't want his bike to sound like a weedeater. Im not sure why you make this your personnel vendetta. Im not about the "loud pipes save lives" bullshit as I think loud pipes like on harleys are annoying as hell, but this hardly classifies as a "loud" pipe.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM   #107
dubojr1

Quote:
my dirt bike with stock exhaust is louder than that.

my buddies R6 with stock exhaust is louder than that

my other buddies R6 with a werks exhaust is INSANELY louder than that.

The dude doesn't want his bike to sound like a weedeater. Im not sure why you make this your personnel vendetta. Im not about the "loud pipes save lives" bullshit as I think loud pipes like on harleys are annoying as hell, but this hardly classifies as a "loud" pipe.
No personal issues here. Just stating your hearing should be checked. Here's the comparisons of an R6 stock and Matt's which BTW he titled "LOUD" in his own video. The guy with the R6 also had WAAAAY better sound quality and it was easily softer than Matt's. Care to explain?

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM   #108
mattmosphere88
Ninja Enthusiast

Quote:
Greg, if you are referring to me, there's a difference between being criticized and having a debate. Put yourself in my shoes; if you posted a video with the intent to save your fellow riders some money and people started indirectly calling you a douche, wouldn't you be a little confused and rattled?

I'm pretty sure I mentioned the video was shot in an enclosed garage; of course it's going to sound loud as hell. The only attribute of the exhaust I wanted to get through to people was the comparable tone to other, more expensive, brands. I'm not sure if any of you have ridden next to a 600cc before, but when I ride with my buddy on his GSXR I can still hear him over myself.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:41 AM   #109
dubojr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmosphere88 View Post
I'm pretty sure I mentioned the video was shot in an enclosed garage; of course it's going to sound loud as hell.
Um... so was the R6. Just saying...

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM   #110
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
No personal issues here. Just stating your hearing should be checked. Here's the comparisons of an R6 stock and Matt's which BTW he titled "LOUD" in his own video. The guy with the R6 also had WAAAAY better sound quality and it was easily softer than Matt's. Care to explain?
2009s are quieter than 2003s?

also the sound quality being different makes a huge deal. You can hear the reverberation in matts video. You cannot in the R6 video.

Matt do me a favor and take a video with a decent camera outside.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:23 AM   #111
dubojr1

Quote:
2009s are quieter than 2003s?

also the sound quality being different makes a huge deal. You can hear the reverberation in matts video. You cannot in the R6 video.

Matt do me a favor and take a video with a decent camera outside.
Refer back to post #104

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:27 AM   #112
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Refer back to post #104
Refer back to post #100

and this

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM   #113
dubojr1

awwww... did someone get their feelings hurt

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #114
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
awwww... did someone get their feelings hurt

Yes. And I am crying about it right now.

You don't know me very well do you....

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM   #115
dubojr1

Quote:
Yes. And I am crying about it right now.

You don't know me very well do you....
Well I know enough...

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM   #116
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Well I know enough...
that I have poor hearing? I dont think that is enough to really know me... I mean do you really KNOW me. come over here baby.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM   #117
dubojr1

Quote:
that I have poor hearing? I dont think that is enough to really know me... I mean do you really KNOW me. come over here baby.
ok now I know too much...lol

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #118
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

I say you guys just thumb wrestle and settle this like men.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM   #119
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
ok now I know too much...lol
damnit I came into hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
I say you guys just thumb wrestle and settle this like men.
Na naked wrestling. Ill bring the oil.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM   #120
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Quote:
damnit I came into hot

Na naked wrestling. Ill bring the oil.
OHHHH!!! So MMA, cool.